• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Lost Planet 3 Screenshots

Epcott

Saw this...

ss02_zoom.jpg

and instantly thought of this

mZzBB.jpg

Liamario

Banned
Also took the liberty of blurring some of it, just to give it that accurate feel.

iv1gPqoxFK3b5.png

Thank you. Could do with at least another couple of tears though. But good job!

Yes I am aware you can only have one screen tear- The human eye can sometimes see multiple ones; I really want the full effect.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
lol, PS3.

It didn't look that bad on PS3 in motion. Also LP2 plays FAR better on PS3 in comparison to like, LP1.

Also this is looking from screenshots to be more "survival horror" or just even more "survival" than LP1 AND 2. Which is good because that's something I feel the series is sorely in need of. Instead of the stun lock systems, it should be about looking for thermal energy and surviving the Akrid.

But it's pretty much too late for me to consider a LP3. Because LP2 was basically a redux of LP1 that didn't fix LP1's issues (STUN LOCK STUN LOCK STUN LOCK. GrenadeGrenade. ROLLROLLROLLROLLROLLTOABUSEI-FRAME) so I'm not hyped for this.

What're the chances this'll feel, say, more like rote TPS than Lost Planet?

Probably sadly quite high. At least LP1/2 felt rather unique.

Lost Fracture Planet.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What're the chances this'll feel, say, more like rote TPS than Lost Planet?

Probably sadly quite high. At least LP1/2 felt rather unique.

Lost Fracture Planet.

Oh, there you are. I was wondering where you were. :p

Over/Under on this selling even worse than LP2? :p

Oh, there you are. I was wondering where you were. :p

Over/Under on this selling even worse than LP2? :p

Ah Seks, I was burned with Front Mission Evolved...but that was quite the genre leap. This? Well. Apathy creeps. I'll keep an intrigued ear out, but as it stands, I think this might do worse than LP2.

I'm just quite disappointed with the lack of...well...mechanical flair we've seen thus far. We get a VS scooped off the Mech Assault cutting room floor and I'm yet to see Mr. Beard wield anything like a car-sized shotgun. Early days, but still.

You never know.
But we can safely infer!

Omikaru

All looks okay to me. People moaning about the main character's derpy-ness are the ones responsible for bald angry men holding guns in every game. He looks fine. He has a bit of shit-eating grin, but that's more interesting than what you'd typically get...

Going to wait for gameplay before I write this one off or decide to get it (I'm still very sceptical about the developer), but the screens look promising from a graphical/art direction/character design standpoint.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I think he looks a bit like the Assassin's Creed dude.
ixIsdDYKXid4n.png

Maybe combined with his AC1 look, not the latest stuff.

Anyway, I hope it's not just a linear shooter, a mission structure would be best, as long as it's not cut up in little pieces like LP2.

.la1n

Seeing it in person, it really is one of the best looking UE3 games from a third party studio. Not sure if it was a PC version being shown but we were told it was not.

Feindflug

As good as Asura's Wrath and Arkham City?

Is Asura's Wrath that good looking? I've only played the demo btw. :p

About the graphics of the game, it looks good for a third party UE3 game but the big question is how stable the frame-rate is and how well the game animations are.

Either way we're looking into a game from a C-tier studio so it will probably be best to keep our expectations low.

Is Asura's Wrath that good looking? I've only played the demo btw. :p

About the graphics of the game, it looks good for a third party UE3 game but the big question is how stable the frame-rate is and how well the game animations are.

Either way we're looking into a game from a C-tier studio so it will probably be best to keep our expectations low.

The scale and details put into the animation make it impressive to me, I'm sure people could point out something like a low resolution but from my point of view it was awe inspiring.

Spark have been using UE3 for as long as any 3rd party, if even they haven't got it stable at this point it will be stocking.

Solid07

Banned
ss10_zoom.jpg

ss00_zoom.jpg

Nice! They've decided to go back to their roots from the first game instead of copying other generic military shooters. Day 1 Buy.

Ahasverus

Is that.... HAIR? and is he.. Smiling?
OMG I'll buy this game only for that... first non bald space without a cold face yay!

I hope this game takes a somewhat horror approach. It could really end up being the next gen dino crisis 2. Seriously, these Akrid are more or less fucked up looking dinosaurs anyway.

zlatko

Banned
Honestly I've never wished ill on a sequel to a franchise I like, but fuck this game. Let it tank or for the love of all that is holy just cancel it. Take the funds for this turd and put it to MML3.

Cautiously optimistic in this. Giving dead rising to a western dev gave really good results.

Blue Castle pre-Dead Rising 2

The Bigs, Major League Baseball Front Office Manager, The Bigs 2.

An odd choice for a horror franchise but not bad games.

Spark Unlimited pre-Lost Planet 3

Call of Duty: Finest Hour, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, Legendary.

Terrible, some of the worst games I'v played in the FPS genre and I've played Gloom.

Top Bottom