• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3: Legendary Edition preorders to close on 8/14 at Gamestop/EB

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
200242b.jpg

Exactly as the title says. Gamestop and EB stores will close reservations on the Legendary Editon of Halo 3 on Tuesday, August 14th.

The Regular Edition and Collector's Editon SKU will still be active until they are covered for their allocations.

If you've been holding out on the Legendary Edition, you have until the end of the business day on the 14th to make up your mind. Make it a good one. Heh.

Bebpo

Banned
Hmm...are you really going to need to pre-order for Halo 3? I haven't pre-ordered for a game in like 3 years, and was figuring on walking into best buy or something on midnight launch night.

Saterium

I don't understand why they'd do this? Do they not like making money on a crappy helmet.

P.S - I have this preordered =(

GhaleonEB

Bebpo said:
Hmm...are you really going to need to pre-order for Halo 3? I haven't pre-ordered for a game in like 3 years, and was figuring on walking into best buy or something on midnight launch night.
You will need to pre-order the Legendary Edition, most likely. Unlike the Collector's Edition, it really is scarce - the factory they were built in was torn down after they were produced. If you just want the regular or CE, though there's no reason to pre-order.

Also: Biofuck.

Bebpo

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
You will need to pre-order the Legendary Edition, most likely. Unlike the Collector's Edition, it really is scarce - the factory they were built in was torn down after they were produced. If you just want the regular or CE, though there's no reason to pre-order.

Also: Biofuck.

What's in the CE? I definitely don't want the Legendary, and was figuring on going with the regular edition, but might pay the extra for the CE if it's bonus disc stuff or something. I liked the Halo 2 one.

Saterium said:
I don't understand why they'd do this? Do they not like making money on a crappy helmet.

P.S - I have this preordered =(
You're also buying BioShock, right? If not, you should really reconsider. The almighty Spartan Mjolnir Mark VI helmet does not help you score chicks if you wear it in public. (And why else would one want to embarass themselves in said fashion if not to score chicks?)

Tieno

Bebpo said:
What's in the CE? I definitely don't want the Legendary, and was figuring on going with the regular edition, but might pay the extra for the CE if it's bonus disc stuff or something. I liked the Halo 2 one.
Game Disc & Manual
Interactive Xbox 360 Disc (behind the scenes stuff)
Beastiarum (art book)
463px-Halo_3_front-1-.jpg

Saterium

B-Rad Lascelle said:
You're also buying BioShock, right? If not, you should really reconsider. The almighty Spartan Mjolnir Mark VI helmet does not help you score chicks if you wear it in public. (And why else would one want to embarass themselves in said fashion if not to score chicks?)

Of course, C.E of that too because I'm a sucker for useless stuff.

Saterium said:
Of course, C.E of that too because I'm a sucker for useless stuff.
I'm a sucker for useless stuff, too. But $10 is my limit. For the games I buy that's a realistic bonus for extra goodies. An extra $70 (or $60 beyond the CE) is just frivolous.

Same goes for Rockstar and their $30 premium on GTA IV.

Unless you're giving me extra GAME CONTENT my cap on special editions is 10 bucks.

Saterium

B-Rad Lascelle said:
I'm a sucker for useless stuff, too. But $10 is my limit. For the games I buy that's a realistic bonus for extra goodies. An extra $70 (or $60 beyond the CE) is just frivolous.

Same goes for Rockstar and their $30 premium on GTA IV.

Unless you're giving me extra GAME CONTENT my cap on special editions is 10 bucks.

Yeah I know what you mean, I felt like a tool preordering it and at the end of the day it's best not to think too hard about it. I'll beable to look over my plastic helmet with pride and know that it cost me $70!

What's the minimum pre-order payment for Halo 3 Legendary anyways?

20 bones here in Canada, shouldn't be too different for the US.

GhaleonEB

Bebpo said:

The Collector's Edition is $69.99 ($10 more than the regular). Tieno posted the slipcase cover. Here's the tin and contents:

BWUCollectorsEdish.jpg

Halo 3 Collector's Edition:

--Collectible Metal Case
--Halo 3 for Xbox 360
--Bestiarum: A hard cover, bound collection of information and art covering the species, cultures and civilizations of Halo 3.

On the Interactive Xbox 360 Bonus disc:
--Hi-Def Halo: Bungie's graphics and audio engineers have created a simple to use, Halo-themed calibration tool to make the most of your Home Theater experience.
--Art Attack: Exclusive Halo 3 Gamer Pics and Dashboard theme, a vast gallery of concept and production art (complete with musical accompaniment) and a fully playable version of a classic Halo-themed mini-game.
--Featurettes: A series of short films covering a range of subjects, from making your Network play nice with Multiplayer, to the challenges of building the biggest Halo ever.

Legendary bonus content is outlined here. For most fans, I think the CE is the best ratio of price:content. The LE is for we fanatics. :)

GhaleonEB

antispin said:
:(

I like helmets. Also cats
Then don't put it on your cat, unless your cat has a narrow, rectangular head. Or, unless you want your cat to have a narrow, rectangular head.

BamYouHaveAids said:
Do you really consider watching the content of a bonus disk as pirating?
Do you really consider watching movies ripped from DVDs online as pirating?

Tieno

BamYouHaveAids said:
Do you really consider watching the content of a bonus disk as pirating?
Yes. What else would it be?
Don't use "find", just use download or pirate.

Odysseus

Banned
so it's confirmed that legendary will have content not available in collectors other than that stupid helmet?

that's kind of jacked up.

Tieno

newsguy said:
This requires a photoshop for accuracy.
master_kitty.jpg

Odysseus said:
so it's confirmed that legendary will have content not available in collectors other than that stupid helmet?

Yes, remastered HD cutscenes of Halo 1 and 2 with commentary from Marty, Jason Jones and someone else I forgot. Also a calibration tool, plus a bigger version of the art book on the dvd.

All I know is that I'm sure as hell not going to another midnight release like I did for Halo 2. That was ridiculous. I was standing in line in the cold with literally thousands of people weaving in and around a parking garage at the mall until 3 in the morning. I got home, played for an hour and fell asleep. When I woke up later that day I found out that you could just walk into pretty much any store and pick up the limited edition. They made a ton of 'em. I felt like a class A, first rate jackass.

No more preorders! No more midnight release parties! And certainly no crazy helmet pack-in SKUs!

GhaleonEB

Odysseus said:

So it's confirmed that the Collector's Edition will have content not available in the regular edition? That's kind of jacked up.

Seriously, chill. The Legendary set has a third disk of stuff aimed at the hardcore fan (the same that would want the helmet to begin with) and a set of printed storyboards. God forbid they should add content to a $130 deluxe collector's set.

http://nikon.bungie.org/bwu/index.html?item=130

Odysseus

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
So it's confirmed that the Collector's Edition will have content not available in the regular edition? That's kind of jacked up.

Seriously, chill. The Legendary set has a third disc of stuff aimed at the hardcore fan (the same that would want the helmet to begin with) and a set of printed storyboards.

http://nikon.bungie.org/bwu/index.html?item=130

forget that, it's stupid. helmet = retarded. what, am i going to display that thing? shine a light on it? make it a centerpiece of my halo shrine? bonus disk = hardcore halo fan would want. hardcore halo fan shouldn't have to spend $whatever for a ridiculous helmet when all he wants is the daggum video extras. hopefully ms will do the "right" thing and release it on video marketplace, at least. particularly since the legendary edition is truly going to be in limited quantities, unlike the collector's edition which will be limited to however many copies they can sell.

Tieno

Odysseus said:
forget that, it's stupid. helmet = retarded. what, am i going to display that thing? shine a light on it? make it a centerpiece of my halo shrine? bonus disk = hardcore halo fan would want. hardcore halo fan shouldn't have to spend $whatever for a ridiculous helmet when all he wants is the daggum video extras. hopefully ms will do the "right" thing and release it on video marketplace, at least. particularly since the legendary edition is truly going to be in limited quantities, unlike the collector's edition which will be limited to however many copies they can sell.
Doesn't CE have the content you want?

I still don't know it, as much as I want to the Legendary Edition, it's the extra money of an entire game and with so many good games coming it's becoming harder to justify that expense.

GhaleonEB

Odysseus said:
Hardcore Halo fan doesn't have to spend jack or squat on anything, and nor do you. Remember the Lord of the Rings movie sets? How they put out the regular, two disk versions and then the huge four disk sets? And then the four disk set with a bust made from Weta for each movie? Were you lambasting that? Do you freak out like this every time there are multiple SKUs for an entertainment product released? This is not a phenomena limited to the gaming medium - companies put out big collector sets for hardcore fans all the time, because said hardcore fans want them.

The "right" thing to do is to make the $130 worth it, and I think they've added enough content to do so. You like to put a lot of effort into shitting on stuff you don't want and will never buy, quite often. But as the pre-orders and forum posts indicate, there are some people who want this stuff. Helmet? Cool, that will look awesome on my shelf. Sold. Don't want it? Don't buy it.

Tieno

BamYouHaveAids said:
Pirate sounds so dirty, can't we just say they are economically acumen aficionados? That sounds nice and prestigious.
It is what it as and you do what you do. No need to pretty it up.

Top Bottom