• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Single-Player DLC for Tomb Raider.

Saty

Satchel

Banned
Bad decision. The single player is amazing, the multiplayer is beyond terrible. Even worse than Uncharted multiplayer.

Nemesis_

Bad decision. The single player is amazing, the multiplayer is beyond terrible. Even worse than Uncharted multiplayer.

It really isn't compelling at all, and I've played my way to Level 30. >_>

The power of achievements, yes, but I don't think I can be bothered anymore.

This is depressing.

I've 100%ed the game, what else do I need it for?

Though on second thoughts I've kept Legend, Anniversary and Underworld so maybe I should just keep this as per tradition *.*

Meh. I was hoping they'd do something cool with DLC like adding some new tombs with more difficult puzzles for example. Can't say I thought highly of the multiplayer part of the game. :(

Nemesis_

Yeah, like even an expedition set prior to the game's where you and Roth explore a tomb or something. Or maybe one where you play as her father.

Seems like a bit of a missed opportunity but then again maybe the proper teams are working on their next project - we are in that awkward in-between phase of this generation and next generation after all.

Nemesis_

Kind of ironic that the team implemented a Multiplayer mode to make people hold on to the game and now their focus on it is garnering them the complete opposite result.

I've 100%ed the game, what else do I need it for?

Though on second thoughts I've kept Legend, Anniversary and Underworld so maybe I should just keep this as per tradition *.*

so you never feel like replaying a game ever ?!

I mean personally I Platinumed Darksiders 2 and 1, and that was around last year, yet I recently feel like I want to replay both games again, and I am sure 2 years later I may do it again.

Tried playing it again but I didn't find it particularly compelling. Guess I'm done with it

Some tomb DLC would have gone a long way to improving my opinion of the game. A damn shame

Saty

It really is perplexing. With how much in love the industry is with DLC now how do they fail to do some when it's so straight-forward.

New DLC that adds new tombs which you discover by revisiting the island.

Dynoro

I would have thought the idea of the tombs (especially with a downloadable tomb already) was primed for single player DLC. I have zero interest in multiplayer but thoroughly enjoyed the game and would happily buy up any single player DLC - oh well :(

Kyari

thats pretty sad, the multiplayer is terrible. I was keeping it around in hopes of some new single player DLC, I at least expected some challenge rooms or something like the tombs.

Glass Rebel

It really is perplexing. With how much in love the industry is with DLC now how do they fail to do some when it's so straight-forward.

New DLC that adds new tombs which you discover by revisiting the island.

Yeah, straight-forward describes the tombs perfectly.

I'm okay with this. This generation is just about done. I'd much rather the team be working on the next instalment of the game for next-generation consoles than spending time on DLC that cheapens the experience.

lexi

Banned
I don't think this absolutely rules out single player DLC, this is just the standard 'we have no plans' crap that PR people pull all the time.

surly

Banned
Such a dense move. I imagine a tomb-based DLC would have sold quite well, I'd have been there day one.
Me too man. Add a few new tombs with higher difficulty puzzles than the ones that are in the game already and I'd have paid a few quid for it.

ksdixon

Fuck! Loved this game. Didn't like none of the classic tomb raiders on PS1/PS2, the demos of the 360 TR games have before, nor the demos of Uncharted 1 & 2 on PS3. With all due respect to Uncharted, I'm not one for lots of shootouts with wave after wave of enemies. Sometimes you can't even clear-out an area because the re-spawn, and you just have to push forward. I'm also not a fan of quick time events...

But for whatever reason TR seemed to balance-out the qte's and the shootouts so that I was able to keep progressing rather than put the game down forever. A damn shame there'll be no single player DLC. As someone who takes a hardline against most DLC, such as on disc/day one DLC; I had already decided to get any single player DLC if any was made as soon as it was released.

Now that I've finished the game in about 3 nights on a rental... I guess I'll get it for cheap during a Steam Sale and await news on the sequel in a couple of years time. *sad face*

That sucks. I had a lot of fun with this roller coaster of a game. Oh well, at least I can free up some space for Bioshock Infinite.

Fitz

Wouldn't have cared either way myself, game was such a chore to play through, I wouldn't want more content anyway.

Ah, not a big deal, given how much content there is in the campaign. But definitely more tombs would have been welcomed, and easy for the team to work on without having to worry how they'd fit into the story or world.

Lima

so you never feel like replaying a game ever ?!

I mean personally I Platinumed Darksiders 2 and 1, and that was around last year, yet I recently feel like I want to replay both games again, and I am sure 2 years later I may do it again.

Tomb Raider isn't exactly the type of game that has a lot of replay value. Once you are done 100%, you have seen everything the game has to offer. You won't discover new things on repeated playthroughs.

And the way the game is set up, relying heavily on set pieces that only wow you the first time you see them, I just don't see me replaying that game. I loved loved the experience on my first time through the game but I don't really have an itch to go back.

Tomb Raider isn't exactly the type of game that has a lot of replay value. Once you are done 100%, you have seen everything the game has to offer. You won't discover new things on repeated playthroughs.

And the way the game is set up, relying heavily on set pieces that only wow you the first time you see them, I just don't see me replaying that game. I loved loved the experience on my first time through the game but I don't really have an itch to go back.

For me is like going back and watching a good movie. I seen it before, but I would like to enjoy it again. Same reason people replay old RPGs and many other games.

Lima

For me is like going back and watching a good movie. I seen it before, but I would like to enjoy it again. Same reason people replay old RPGs and many other games.

Yeah but Tomb Raider is not like a good movie. It is a dumb and shallow action flick like Transformers or GI Joe. You watch these once, you have a good time and forget about them a couple months down the line.

Top Bottom