• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve starts Team Fortress 2 ARG - [Teaser Comic Unlocked]

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Update:

Teaser Comic: http://www.teamfortress.com/bloodbrothers/

---

Head over to the official Team Fortress 2 website. Note the bloodstain on the main logo. It's new. Click it, and you'll get this:

lSaxE.jpg

I do like surprises.

Gray is the third son of Zephaniah. He left land for Blu and Red to fight over, nothing for him.

As revenge, he sends robots to take over.

MANN VS MACHINE IS ALMOST HERE

I love TF2. I've played thousands of hours of it and still play it every single day.

But they way they do their updates and the weird niche comics and lore shit that they have conjured around the game as a vehicle for updates is fucking stupid.

I love TF2. I've played thousands of hours of it and still play it every single day.

But they way they do their updates and the weird niche comics and lore shit that they have conjured around the game as a vehicle for updates is fucking stupid.

So stupid that it's made them truckloads of money.

DTKT

Wut.

That's a silly thing to complain about.

BiggNife

I'm a sucker for the lore and the comics. I think they're hilarious. They're obviously not supposed to be taken seriously.

Exuro

That's my favorite part.

Wut.

That's a silly thing to complain about.

My problem is that it all contributes to this vision that the gaming world at large has of TF2 being this weird entity that exists somewhere halfway between being a game and being a hat economy simulator. I sometimes feel like I'm the last person on the planet who still plays it for the game and loves it in spite of the direction they have gone with it, not because of it.

tkscz

I actually like the lore. In fact, the way the lore has been going, it kind of looks like it's trying to it itself in the half life universe.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
My problem is that it all contributes to this vision that the gaming world at large has of TF2 being this weird entity that exists somewhere halfway between being a game and being a hat economy simulator. I sometimes feel like I'm the last person on the planet who still plays it for the game and loves it in spite of the direction they have gone with it, not because of it.

jbwfHIQeDKpthV.jpg

XenoRaven

So your problem is you think people forgot TF2 is a computer game and that they think it's just a means to acquire virtual decorative headwear?

Interfectum

I think you are reading too much into it. From my experience, very rarely does anyone talk about hats or whatever while playing the actual game. It's just fun to talk about it outside of it.

The game was always awesome and they've used the updates as a way to add deep lore and backstory that is fittingly comical and enjoyable. "Hats!" is a joke that gets thrown around, but the item management in this game is revolutionary and took a fun pick-up-and-play team FPS and turned it into a very engrossing persistent experience that doesn't need to resort to "levels" and killstreaks to add gameplay variety.

I did mean both, but I didn't know there were actual AI controlled teammates in the game.

Ahh ok! :)

Yeah, AI controlled teammates are in empty servers. They fill up the spot until other players show up. Worse part is that they have regular names so you can't tell if it's a bot or not unless you play a little with them (I think you can also tell by ping; don't remember).

Top Bottom