• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoshida's tweet...EatChildren's post....MGS V(ita)....

....I'm starting to believe.

tbs45.png

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
EatChildren you should update the OP with something like this.

9d78i2st.gif

So people can see why it's 100% MGS 5.

Dunno if this was already mentioned, but
Big Boss got burnt to "death" at the end of Metal Gear 2.
Maybe that has something to do with all the flames, along with the burnt guy in the Ground Zeroes trailer?

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Kojima wanted to call MGS2's Plant chapter MGS3, which I guess would make the Tanker chapter MGS2 proper.

Didn't Kojima wanted to promote Sons of Liberty as MGS III due the Manhattan setting?

MGS2 Grand Game Plan said:
Metal Gear Solid III

Written as MGSIII for short. The three Roman numerals symbolize the three tallest skyscrapers in Manhattan, the setting for the game.

Instead of proceeding on to MGS2, as one might expect, we are making MGS3. The question in peoples’ minds, ‘Why is it 3 and not 2?’ will have a big impact.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm still having a hard time believing that's what the 360/PS3 version will look like.

If it's a separate game then this is for next-gen. No way three MGS games are coming out next year. They could try for for V in 2014 but money is more likely on next-gen.

prwxv3

Hahaha holy shit, are you....

...you ARE serious aren't you?!

The footage in the trailer does look better then golden abysse. But golden abysse looks fucking amazing on that system. Ands thats just one fo the first games for it.

And again I dont think Vita is getting this game.

Forkball

Kind of misleading to put MGSV in the title considering it's pure speculation at this point. Also where is the 360/PS3 info coming from?

This is probably something kojima whipped up in 5 minutes in the bathroom, not sure why people are questioning graphics, the one thing he NEVER gets wrong.

zroid

Banned
Alright I'm officially on board the Vita train. Even if this isn't a Vita game, I think we can will it into reality. Let's do this GAF.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
For the new page.

Also, you can see the Burned Man's face in one scene only:

Hoo hoo look at that conservative geometry on his body and face.

Phantom limb. Cos like, touch panel at the back of the Vita, or something.

N64.

Jarmel

Banned
What if it's liquid, and he survived MGS? in mgs4 they said they had liquids body but maybe this is the story of how they got it. And the BigBoss and eye thing are really just red herrings.

Not only wrong arm, there are also tons of other BB references in the trailer such as Boss's horse, possible Volgin, and the flower petals in the intro.

Izick

IIRC, they were literally going to call the game "MGS III" and then people would be all, "What the fuck, what happened to 2!?" and they would play through the Plant sequence with Raiden, then after finishing the main game, you'd unlock "MGS II" with Snake on the Tanker explaining all that went down there.

No, I think he just wanted to skip MGS2 and go straight to 3 to fuck with people.
Ah, I see! Gotta love Kojima messing with the fans. With that said, MGS 2 is my favorite game of all time still, so I'm glad they made it the way they did. It would probably still be there even if he had flipped the sequences around though.

I still love how crazy the twist is after the tanker though. One of the reasons I love MGS 2 so much. Just feels like it comes out of nowhere and Kojima revels in it. So good!

-------------------------

Also, this is why they called it Grand Theft Auto V Five. Can't give the Vita fans hope!

Empty

Didn't Kojima wanted to promote Sons of Liberty as MGS III due the Manhattan setting?

that's interesting. never heard that before.

all this stuff has me so excited for metal gear, i think i'm gonna pause all my currently playing games and just replay mgs2

Dragun619

Man, I'm pumped just reading through this thread now. But damn, I'll laugh pretty hard if it turns out this is nothing related to MGS and everything is just coincidence. I hope not though, cause this genius level reveal, hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom