• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of the Park Baseball 18 (OOTP18) - Official Thread and NeoGAF League

I love that, despite putting up the best regular season in Rays history, my owner is still undecided whether or not he's happy.

What a bum.

brentech

Sim: 10 days
Date: Oct 9, 2019
Notes: All playoff spots were decided on the 6th. Ran a few extra days to wrap up some games that didn't impact the playoffs so the wildcard could be run sooner.

The playoffs are as follows

C56q4Kb.png

Set your rosters for the playoffs folks.
Indians lost two down two outfielders, just weeks before the playoffs start. Tough times.

Kinda weirded out...

Brentech says the date is Oct 9

Export reader on the site says the date is Oct 4

My game says the date is Oct 7

The game won't let me set up a specific lineup for the 7 day as it says there are no games scheduled, since in my game the playoffs haven't officially started I guess. Unfortunately it looks like I have to hope the AI doesn't screw it up?

brentech

That's my bad. We will go an extra day so everyone can set up.
I forgot that I originally simmed 8 days to meet the 'end of regular season' date, then checked against the remaining games to make sure none of them had an impact on the playoffs and didn't reupload the league file from there.
So your game date is correct, but I'll upload now for the day and we will have a proper sim tomorrow.

edit: also, the export reader page is only confusing because it is currently real world October, as it is also in the game. The date listed there is the real world date of the most recent upload, not the ingame date.

That's my bad. We will go an extra day so everyone can set up.
I forgot that I originally simmed 8 days to meet the 'end of regular season' date, then checked against the remaining games to make sure none of them had an impact on the playoffs and didn't reupload the league file from there.
So your game date is correct, but I'll upload now for the day and we will have a proper sim tomorrow.

edit: also, the export reader page is only confusing because it is currently real world October, as it is also in the game. The date listed there is the real world date of the most recent upload, not the ingame date.

Awesome, thanks dude! I appreciate the explanation and the extra day.

brentech

Sim: 3 days
Date: Oct 15, 2019
Notes: 2 games played in each DS. Tomorrow we will sim through to the Championship Series unless we need to stop for a game 5.

brentech

Sim: 2 days
Date: Oct 17, 2019
Notes: Stopping for game 5(s)
Didn't get to sim yesterday, turned older, and followed up by spending my day watching the Packers and then the Indians games. Back to our regular schedule.

Come on Indians, finish off the Yankees!!

brentech

Tonight’s sim will be in the evening or happen tomorrow morning with a skipped day.

Forgot I had plans all afternoon and evening. Should have ran it before leaving.

brentech

Sim: 3 days
Date: Oct 23, 2019
Notes: LCS begins

Before the playoffs started I lost 2 outfielders for the remainder. Have no extra outfielders that can play. Now LF and CF both have dtd injuries. Go figure.

brentech

Sim: 4 days
Date: Oct 27, 2019
Notes: Tomorrows sim will either be one or two days depending on if the Indians force a game 7. Day after could be the same deal with the NLCS also being 3-2 right now.

brentech

Date: Oct 31, 2019
Notes: NLCS was decided and now we have
the Rays and the Mets
in the World Series

Sim was ran a bit after 6, but had people coming over and didn't have time to post.

brentech

Date: Nov 8, 2019
Notes: And we've been pushed to a game 7. GMs, select your pitchers. If you guys really wanted, I could live stream a play by play of it tonight or tomorrow.

Also this thread now just looks like it's for taking notes by myself =(

Rommel

Date: Nov 8, 2019
Notes: And we've been pushed to a game 7. GMs, select your pitchers. If you guys really wanted, I could live stream a play by play of it tonight or tomorrow.

Also this thread now just looks like it's for taking notes by myself =(

I've been keeping tabs... but not much to do during the playoffs if you are not in it. Waiting for the offseason :D

I keep staring at my Padres and just want to release them all. Once playoffs wrap I can get back to work burnin this organization to the ground!!

brentech

Around 730 est, I plan to live stream game 7's play-by-play. Just for giggles. I will make a new post with a link when I'm about ready to run it.

brentech

Will go live in a couple minutes
https://www.twitch.tv/brenttrek/

edit: some problems arose with this idea, i didn't want to have to make choices on behalf of a team, so got back to the league file and will run it as I would any game instead of live play by play. Was really hoping that would be an interesting little side bit, but not what I intended.

The sim has been ran. The outcome is uploading now.

Date: Nov 10
Notes: Welcome to the off season.
Congrats to the Mets

brentech

Sim: 7 Days
Date: Nov 17, 2019
Notes: Remember to accept/decline team options and make any changes to arbitration. Tomorrow will be a 15 day sim to get us to arbitration.

Letting go of my 2 highest paid players.
Indians really hoping to make some moves this season. Will be willing to trade prospects for guys that can make an impact.

Hisashi Iwakuma retired. Too bad Cano didn't.

Also looking to trade some outfield depth for pitching. Haniger, Heredia, and Powell are all available!

Cleared a lot of salary by declining some options and not offering some overpriced guys arbitration. Tons of holes to fill but it looks like I'll be able to lock Trout up forever (9 year deal). Having the best player on the planet makes team building a breeze.

norm9

I still check in on the website which updates a day late, but Ive been out of internet data for the past two months so haven't been able to do anything. Even the 300+ MBs updates is too much to download. Don't kick me off yet. I'll be back by the end of the month when my data re-ups.

Top Bottom