• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 Model (CECH-4000) Registered on FCC (Jeff_Rigby alert)

Pooya

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas...=N&application_id=536648&fcc_id='AK8CBEH19C1'

via http://pocketnews.cocolog-nifty.com/pkns/2012/07/ps3cech-4000fcc.html
radio test pdf
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=1736319

still wifi b/g only, no N.

Label Position is different from 3000/slim models, new case?

20120705_01.png

20120705_03.png

original fat model

20120705_04.png

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Real Slim Ps3 coming for WiiU launch - as expected.

Man

Buying if they price drop this fall.
I already have a unit but it's overseas and I miss Blu-rays.

gogogow

finally, a non-square PS3 Slim. They probably took out the PSU? Too bad I already bought a 3004 late last year.

Sethos

Banned
I think they carry a different serial number prefix (not CECH). Not 100% sure though.

Yeah, that'd make sense. To me it just looks like the bottom of a much larger PS3, not sure that's what the public is craving, figured it'd be a devStation or something.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It is likely a cheaper to produce unit that runs on less watts or something that also uses less plastic, There are around 4 or 5 versions of the PS2 Slim, and most didn't seem to noticed the minor changes Sony did every year or so.

DonMigs85

Looks like the base portion is off-center again like the fat PS3s.
Probably gonna be pretty small, and using 22/28nm chips.

monome

Fuck my wallet...

Already looking forward to get a white 3DS LL this summer.

dat non glossy sexy bitch!

Erasus

Cool. Wont buy a new unit unless my slim breaks down or something. (in b4 Sony patches in a killswitch)

DonMigs85

If the materials quality of the 3000 is anything to go by, this model could have even cheaper-looking and feeling plastics.

DonMigs85

PS3 Street

Hmm, what else could they cut? Remove one of the USB ports or even the HDMI port, aiming the console at people still relying on composite, S-video or component?

Anyway, I suspect this console will resembe the original fat PS3 more, only much smaller and probably flatter on the top, without the chrome trim.

here in Italy there are a lot of discounts on the ps3 and "as one of my friend" told me this new model will come out during the holiday season in they can made enough of tyhem ...

Takao

Banned
Hmm, what else could they cut? Remove one of the USB ports or even the HDMI port, aiming the console at people still relying on composite, S-video or component?

Anyway, I suspect this console will resembe the original fat PS3 more, only much smaller and probably flatter on the top, without the chrome trim.

PS3 Go

Say goodbye to that disc drive!

AkIRA_22

It looks the same as the original Fat PS3.... weird.

It won't happen, but image if it was as small as a Wii? So awesome! :)

The only reason is cooling. If they make it so the HDD isn't upgradable and the PSU is external, that leaves BDROM and heat sink. If they have shrunk the Cell and GPU process or put them on a single die (unlikely) then they could manage the heat much better. Redesign and price drop... the last big push for the PS3 to get some momentum into PS4?

DMeisterJ

Banned
Good stuff.

I'm in the market for a new PS3 since mine is ready to kick the bucket sometime soon. And I dislike the current boxy slim look.

Top Bottom