• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Deals Thread of Why You Don't Preorder

Respawn

Banned
Why did that asshole at BestBuy allow me to trade in my games yesterday when there will be a special starting Sunday? I'm going to F someone up when I go back.

fernoca

Only reason I mentioned the Best Buy deals is because there are a couple gems in there by doing it such as Little Deviants can be traded in for a total of $25 credit and PSPs apparently are getting something like $70 to $75. Gamestop offers nothing along those lines. Plus I give Gamestop shit because they typically never have launch sales. Name another launch where they have done a B2G1?
Still, is a "deals thread".

Gamestop is having as noted:
-Buy 2 and get 1 free on first party games
-Extra $25 credit if you trade any DS, PSP or 3Ds for a Vita.

Along extra $40/$20 for PS3, 360/Wii, and other misc. offers related to trading games (tiered trades) and iPads/iPod/etc.

That you don't like the offers is another thing. :p

Still, is a "deals thread".

Gamestop is having as noted:
-Buy 2 and get 1 free on first party games
I still have yet to see this confirmed. Even the CAG thread has managers denying it after calling higher ups. I'll post it when it gets confirmed.

-Extra $25 credit if you trade any DS, PSP or 3Ds for a Vita.

Along extra $40/$20 for PS3, 360/Wii, and other misc. offers related to trading games (tiered trades) and iPads/iPod/etc.

That you don't like the offers is another thing. :p
I'll add this one.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
scaled.php

Cause we don't care.

My comment was actually based on a misreading of the thread title. Rather than reading it as 'why you don't preorder', I read it as 'why don't you preorder?', for some reason. So I answered what I thought OP was asking. Didn't notice my misreading until afterwards.

Respawn

Banned
My comment was actually based on a misreading of the thread title. Rather than reading it as 'why you don't preorder', I read it as 'why don't you preorder?', for some reason. So I answered what I thought OP was asking. Didn't notice my misreading until afterwards.

Well lesson learnt eh? Paying attention before jumping in might just save your life one day. No hard feelings chap.
Your original post was still crappy though. Everyone is entitled to preorder if they want to.

fernoca

I still have yet to see this confirmed. Even the CAG thread has managers denying it after calling higher ups. I'll post it when it gets confirmed.

I'll add this one.

YES!!
Gamestop world domination: Check

:p

Nah, but is still a nice thread. If anything you could add that some stores may still have those "First Edition Bundles"; but is really YMMM (your mileage may vary).

Too bad about Kmart and the stores closing down. The ones that remain open will carry Vita and games, but no offers. And their deals are on hold because of the closures.

Weenerz

Banned
Definitely heading to target to get Uncharted, Hot Shots Golf and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. And then to Toys R Us so I can get the cradle and another accessory. Probably the AC adapter.

A thought (a tricky, perhaps dishonest one):

I'm buying my Vita at Target with the preorder card, which will get me a $20 gift card and a free 4 gig memory card.

... what if I returned the memory card, without a receipt, for store credit? Sounds like a $20 16 gig memory card waiting to happen. Think that could work?

Scamming stores is generally frowned upon. If you're that hard up for $30 maybe you shouldn't be running out to spend hundreds of dollars on a toy.

KalBalboa

Banned
Scamming stores is generally frowned upon. If you're that hard up for $30 maybe you shouldn't be running out to spend hundreds of dollars on a toy.

I've got plenty of money, I just don't need the 4 gig card. I planned on buying a 16 gig at Toys R Us and getting their $20 gift card offer, as the 4 gig card offers me just about nothing.

The basic math is that they're already giving me a brand new 4 gig card that I frankly will never open, so I'm either going to trade it in to Gamestop for $7 or give it back to Target for the exact price of the card. It's hardly a scam, but I'll admit it's less than honorable.

Kusagari

Most major retailers allow you to return an unopened item without receipt for store credit. The only limitation is usually frequency and value.

No store around me has allowed this for years. Only thing you can do is trade it in for the same item. Walmart, Target, Kmart, whatever. They all stopped.

KalBalboa

Banned
No store around me has allowed this for years. Only thing you can do is trade it in for the same item. Walmart, Target, Kmart, whatever. They all stopped.

Well, I'll give it a whirl and see what happens. Worst comes to worst I'll just trade it in at GS towards LBP.

I've got plenty of money, I just don't need the 4 gig card. I planned on buying a 16 gig at Toys R Us and getting their $20 gift card offer, as the 4 gig card offers me just about nothing.

The basic math is that they're already giving me a brand new 4 gig card that I frankly will never open, so I'm either going to trade it in to Gamestop for $7 or give it back to Target for the exact price of the card. It's hardly a scam, but I'll admit it's less than honorable.

Pretending to lose a receipt to return a promotional item for full value is a scam. Just keep it as a backup, or trade it in at Gamestop.

kuroshiki

I don't see any problem with that, especially when 4G is unused, unopened and target can sell it again.

KalBalboa

Banned
Pretending to lose a receipt to return a promotional item for full value is a scam. Just keep it as a backup, or trade it in at Gamestop.

Eh, it would cost Target the exact same amount of money in the end and the item would remain unopened. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work and, like I said, I'll trade it in or maybe just give it away considering the ~$7 trade in value.

kuroshiki

Seriously as soon as amazon jumps in and do B2G1 deal for vita I will buy 3 games in a heartbeat.

Heck I will take any discount from amazon.

Kusagari

If that 75 bucks for a PSP 1000 deal is true at Best Buy... I seriously might buy a Vita.

I can get rid of my shitty old PSP and then just get a cheap used one in 2-3 months.

KalBalboa

Banned
Seriously as soon as amazon jumps in and do B2G1 deal for vita I will buy 3 games in a heartbeat.

Heck I will take any discount from amazon.

Does the GS B2G1 deal appeal to you at all, or does first party not offer you enough? I already got Wipeout for $30, and I can't honestly think of three more FP games I'd want (Uncharted, HSG... maybe Mod Nation?)

kuroshiki

Does the GS B2G1 deal appealed to you at all, or does first party not offer you enough? I already got Wipeout for $30, and I can't honestly think of three more FP games I'd want (Uncharted, HSG... maybe Mod Nation?)

Well, I'm looking for:

1. Dynasty Warriors next
2. Shinobido 2
3. Ninja Gaiden Sigma

which are all third party titles. I will buy HSG on PSN because I know I will play for FOREVER, and FIFA also on PSN for same reason.

Wipeout HD and Fury was just too hard for me. =X

Eh, it would cost Target the exact same amount of money in the end and the item would remain unopened. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work and, like I said, I'll trade it in or maybe just give it away considering the ~$7 trade in value.

I think the fact that it's a promo offer, they'll give you a hard time about it. I'm not going to argue the morality of it. I just think you won't have much success trying is all.

KalBalboa

Banned
There are honestly so many good deals on the Vita & its launch titles coming up that you really only need to ask yourself just how much you're willing to spend. No matter how many games you want to get, you're going to get a bargain.

Buy a 16 gig memory card at Toys R Us, and use the free $20 gift card on a PSN card. Do the same with the Target gift card too and suddenly you have $40 on the PSN. Go home, download yourself Uncharted "for free." I already got $35 in free PSN money thanks to the Vita without even trying (pre-ordered at a Vita Hill event and got a free $10 card, then got 2nd place in a Wipeout tournament and won $25). That $35 paid for SSD, Escape Plan, and Hustle Kings.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
If you had already pre ordered from one of those stores then wouldn't they be obligated to change your pre order to the current deal if that deal is better or would you have to cancel and re-pre-order?

One of these days the whole entire first page of Gaming Discussion will be nothing but Vita threads.

Yeah! Roll on E3 and all the Vita announcements. 'The Vita can be used as a primary controller like a tablet on the PSFOUR!!!!!!'

kuroshiki

There are honestly so many good deals on the Vita & it's launch titles coming up that you really only need to ask yourself just how much you're willing to spend. No matter how many games you want to get, you're going to get a bargain.

Buy a 16 gig memory card at Toys R Us, and use the free $20 gift card on a PSN card. Do the same with the Target gift card too and suddenly you have $40 on the PSN. Go home, download yourself Uncharted "for free." I already got $35 in free PSN money thanks to the Vita without even trying (pre-ordered at a Vita Hill event and got a free $10 card, then got 2nd place in a Wipeout tournament and won $25). That $35 paid for SSD, Escape Plan, and Hustle Kings.

Already have 32G ready and just selecting games... if everything else fails I know for sure will get HSG and FIFA on PSN. That will take me a long time to finish.

KalBalboa

Banned
I will buy HSG on PSN because I know I will play for FOREVER, and FIFA also on PSN for same reason.

I feel like there are going to be the "boxed" games and the "dd" games for everyone. I can't convince myself to put Uncharted on a memory card, nor could I have Lumines sitting on my shelf instead of being right there on the Vita. It's actually really nice to have the option.

Gen X

Well if you have plenty of money and you don't need the 4gb card then when you get it why not give it away in the Free Shit thread then for someone less fortunate than yourself? After all, it's only a few dollars right? =p

Gen X

I feel like there are going to be the "boxed" games and the "dd" games for everyone. I can't convince myself to put Uncharted on a memory card, nor could I have Lumines sitting on my shelf instead of being right there on the Vita. It's actually really nice to have the option.

Yeah, I think the games with high replayability would benefit from DD such as Lumines and single player affairs such as Uncharted and Rayman would be better off as retail copies so you can trade them in.

Top Bottom