• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers Patch 1.4 - New Map, TDM Skirmish Mode and Game Changes

Cmagus

The team at Boss Key just released a new rapid fire dev update video for patch 1.4 which is being released tomorrow and the patch adds quite a few big changes to the game. They're adding some changes to the game play along with a new map and skirmish mode TDM.

They've also made changes to the health system and added increased health for all classes and regen for each class to compensate for no battle medics in the teams and keeping the flow more combat focused instead of always having to find health recharge stations (still an option) and keeping people in the battle longer.

The game is currently - 25% off on steam and PSN

UPDATE DATE/TIME:
Thursday, September 21, 2017
Pacific: 8:00 AM
Eastern: 11:00 AM
CEST: 5:00 PM

Lawbreakers-Patch 1.4 Rapid Fire Dev Video

PC Patch Notes
PS4 Patch Notes

New Namsan Map
lawbreakers%20map%20namsan.jpg

Namsan Map Overview

Summary

-Skirmish mode - Team Death Match
-New map - Namsan
-New map - Clash (for beta testing)
-Daily login rewards (50 credits each day for logging in)
-New regen health system added for all classes (changes in the patch notes)
-Class skill and weapon changes (see patch notes)
-Mode changes and tweaks
-Plans to use the Skirmish mode as a testing ground to try out new features with the community and for feedback.
-Increased penalties for people who constantly quit

Future Changes
-A new 10th class sneak peek
-Changes to existing maps like time of day and weather conditions
-More new maps
-New queuing options (multi region queuing)

I'm really excited for this patch the team really listened to the community and addressed a lot of complaints and suggestions by the community. Lot's of pretty big changes to the classes and health system that should change the feel of the overall gameplay.I'm happy they nerfed the Battle Medics gravity as well that's a big change that will get me back playing the class.

Maffis

These are some really good changes. I always hated the no-regen part of the gameplay. Felt like most you did was just escape to med rooms instead of fighting.

Cmagus

These are some really good changes. I always hated the no-regen part of the gameplay. Felt like most you did was just escape to med rooms instead of fighting.

Yeah it should really help the flow of the game and I'm glad the health regen stations are still there because holding those down in certain modes is a huge benefit.

Cmagus

Definitely intrigued by these changes. May have to pick this up on PC.

Can't hurt to give it a shot, try it out on Steam and if it's not your cup of tea you can always get a refund. The new content should be going like in an hour and a half.

Cmagus

I'll do one last post in here but with the launch of the new patch the game is currently on sale on PSN and Steam for -25% off so if you were curious or wanted to wait till it was cheaper now may be a good chance.

-MD-

Wraith got way more changes than I expected so I'm interested to see how he plays now.

Gonna put some time into this tonight after work.

E92 M3

Nerf the Wraith into oblivion and change fundamental aspects of the game (health regen).

I do NOT like it.

Nerf the Wraith into oblivion and change fundamental aspects of the game (health regen).

I do NOT like it.

Their health system was garbage. Heal station/packs can work but when you have barely any on the map, put them completely out of the way and in the case of medpacks make it so three of them can't even fully heal you then it's trash. Getting into a fight and being forced away to sit in a health station for 3+ seconds (which gets you killed most of the time if anyone sees you) is awful. Health regen is going to increase the pace of the game exponentially and give more incentive to play aggressively.

Wraith changes I'm kind of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ towards. There were valid arguments to him being too powerful and being perfectly fine. I'm okay with grounding him a bit more tbh but I'll see how I feel after playing in a bit.

Cmagus

Their health system was garbage. Heal station/packs can work but when you have barely any on the map, put them completely out of the way and in the case of medpacks make it so three of them can't even fully heal you then it's trash. Getting into a fight and being forced away to sit in a health station for 3+ seconds (which gets you killed most of the time if anyone sees you) is awful. Health regen is going to increase the pace of the game exponentially and give more incentive to play aggressively.

Wraith changes I'm kind of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ towards. There were valid arguments to him being too powerful and being perfectly fine. I'm okay with grounding him a bit more tbh but I'll see how I feel after playing in a bit.

Team Death Match is amazing fun, feels really old school. Honestly I just played a bunch of matches and the changes are really good. The health regen is pretty great and absolutely keeps you in the battle. It's nice just being able to duck out of the way for a few seconds to get a little health. The pacing of the game has changed quite a bit with these new changes but imo for the better. This patch just made the game that much better it plays so good now and is balanced nicely.

I messed around with Wraith a little and honestly the class is still just as good and the people playing as him were still dominating just fine. Battle medic also feels better now and easier to maneuver with in low G.

Top Bottom