• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
You finally using the mic? You should use it more often. So far we're 1/2 in getting people to talk. N0b finallly started but Lemmillier still won't apart from an occasional breakdown. The more the merrier!

He's always used his mic... unless you're talking about something outside of, "Stop shooting at me. It's rude."

Yeef

He's always used his mic... unless you're talking about something outside of, "Stop shooting at me. It's rude."
He's just an old man and doesn't understand the concept of time.

Ages ago n0b used to no use his mic. This is back when n0b actually played all the time. Also, I haven't seen LeMieller play in at least 6 years.

Kade

Ages ago n0b used to no use his mic. This is back when n0b actually played all the time. Also, I haven't seen LeMieller play in at least 6 years.

I don't remember n0b not using his mic. His voice has been ringing in my skull since 2007.

You finally using the mic? You should use it more often. So far we're 1/2 in getting people to talk. N0b finallly started but Lemmillier still won't apart from an occasional breakdown. The more the merrier!

I call for a ban on anyone not using their mic.

Still not use to talking when people are home. Feels weird but I'll try.

Boney

Banned
It doesn't normally. Some severs (like the waiting room) use a gomba stomp mod that makes landing on people deal damage. In that case, you can set it however you like. There are two variables; one for percentage of current health and the other for a set amount of damage. So I could set it, for example to 25% of the target's current health + 50 damage.

The Mantreads just deal 3x whatever your fall damage would have been and you take no fall damage. Let's do some math!

A vertical rocket jump goes a maximum of 576 hammer units up.

Player hulls are 83 hammer units high.

576 - 83 = 493 hammer units worth of fall damage if you land on someone.

It seems fall damage is based on the classes' max HP and also has a random element. Average of 493 hammer units should be around 48 damage or so. Which means a mantreads hit would cause around 144 damage on average if you rocket jump for max height. Keep in mind you can also couch to add a bit of extra damage, since you'll add about 20 units to your fall distance.

I'm not sure how, exactly, gravity effects fall damage. Assuming double gravity means double distance than at 493 you'd be taking 58 fall damage for a 174 damage stomp. Actually, there's surprisingly little data on the fall damage formula. I'm tempted to do some tests to figure it out.

simpsons-nerd.gif

LeMeilleur.dll plays on GG still.

Sajjaja

Ugh... for some reason starting last night my ping went up 1000 and absolutely could not play and only hear mics of your beautiful voices.

Same thing in L4D2 happened last night.

Then again this afternoon... any ideas what the problem is? I'm on wireless, maybe packet loss?

Try resetting your router/modem? Unplug'em both for about 10 or 15 min. Plug in your modem and let it sit for a bit. Then hook up your router & restart PC!

If that doesn't woooork...

If you can, hook up to your router with a cord. If it still does it, bypass the router and hook up to the modem. If it stops, your wireless router is going bad. If it still does it, call your ISP and complain :D

EDIT: If your wireless is not protected (WEP, etc), someone could be leeching

Yeef

The "GAF Maps" Category grows with the addition of koth_shelter_a1 from Woobie!
We're still waiting on Winwood's Payload map. I think I'll also start working on my A/D maps sometime next week. I'll probably make some final edits to Jankyard and then be done with it in the next couple of days.

Boney

Banned
I searched Yif in google to make a silly spray, but google asked "Do you mean Yiff?". I did not need to see that.

"'Yiff' es un término comúnmente usado para indicar la actividad sexual o el material proveniente de la subcultura furry"

hmm

Clydefrog

Finally got dat strange huntsman. Have headshot counter on it too. 93 headshots (137 total kills) in one night so far :D

my goal is 1000 in a week

leroidys

Whoah whoah whoah... So I finally got a phlogistinator, and it's fucking terrible. I thought this was supposed to be ridiculously OP? What's the deal?

Whoah whoah whoah... So I finally got a phlogistinator, and it's fucking terrible. I thought this was supposed to be ridiculously OP? What's the deal?

It's good for solo Pyro nonsense...I guess. It needs something other than the taunt boost to make people want to use it since you're only going to kill bad players with it.

Alienups

I saw a pro player (and mentor to other pro teams or something) fool around with it on the Dustbowl server i always frequent. It's revolting on maps that don't have a lot of open spaces. Especially if the player knows what he's doing (flaregunning to build up charge quick etc). He couldn't stop laughing. But on open maps it's easy to deal with a phlog pyro if you know he's coming/see him taunt.

Pity the server doesn't allow replays, otherwise i'd make a replay of him playing with the direct hit since i remember someone here saying it's a shit weapon a while back.

edit: English hard

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I saw a pro player (and mentor to other pro teams or something) fool around with it on the Dustbowl server i always frequent. It's revolting on maps that don't have a lot of open spaces. Especially if the player knows what he's doing (flaregunning to build up charge quick etc). He couldn't stop laughing. But on open maps it's easy to deal with a phlog pyro if you know he's coming/see him taunt.

Pity the server doesn't allow replays, otherwise i'd make a replay of him playing with the direct hit since i remember someone here saying it's a shit weapon a while back.

edit: English hard

he's banned

rouken

depends. are you a scrub pyro?

well, i don't think so. but i've been using backburner for some time now and getting many kills with it to the point where the enemy spy is telling me i'm an W+M1 player. lol

i do that most of the time when things get hectic but does that make me a scrub pyro?

Yeef

I suspect we'll get the first details of the patch today. They'll probably do previews all week, like the Uber Update, then release it on Thursday.

Or maybe not.

It's the Taunt that's overpowered. Or mote, the damage resistance from the taunt. It's relatively easy to build up a charge and when you taunt you're pretty much invincible, but you can still cap/block caps. The flamethrower itself is awful. The only way a flamethrower with no airblasts could ever be good is if it, instead, had a short circuit-like projectile destruction.

I think the ideal change for it (as well as the dead ringer), is to give it decaying resistance. The more times you get hit during the resistance period the less resistance it should give.

AcciDante

well, i don't think so. but i've been using backburner for some time now and getting many kills with it to the point where the enemy spy is telling me i'm an W+M1 player. lol

i do that most of the time when things get hectic but does that make me a scrub pyro?
W+M1 is what pyros do all the time. Tell that dude to quit being a baby.

The Backburner isn't as terrible as it once was thanks to them putting airblasts on it, and there are certainly situations where it can help, but it's still not as good as the Degreaser overall.

Incidentally, I just wanted to say that playing with you gentlemen this past weekend has been quite excellent, and I look forward to continuing to play with you in the future.

Despite me sucking really hard. (Seriously, I know you die a lot in TF2, but I feel like I was dying even more than usual. Bleh.)

Wouldn't mind figuring out who LouieGeetoo is, though. He's been in my Friends list since playing on the NeoGAF server back in '08 or so (a good four years before I bothered signing up for an account here)...

someone just called me a scrub pyro.. what do i do? :(
Depends. If he's on your team, then maybe you aren't putting out your teammates on fire or something. If he's on the enemy team and he keeps killing you, then he's probably right, and to deal with him you'd have to switch to another class (because as somebody who plays Pyro a lot, he has great difficulty killing people skilled enough to know how to deal with him, outside of the occasional lucky break, and you're better off trying Scout, Soldier or Heavy instead).

However, from the sounds of things, he's on the enemy team and you keep killing him. Thus, he's just pissed off at his own suckiness and is taking it out on you in the hopes that demoralizing you will make you an easier target; you can safely chuckle to yourself as you keep burning him to a crisp.

leroidys

The Backburner isn't as terrible as it once was thanks to them putting airblasts on it, and there are certainly situations where it can help, but it's still not as good as the Degreaser overall.

Yeah it can still be really useful though, like if you keep getting owned by heavies you can switch to BB and have a chance at least.

Yeah it can still be really useful though, like if you keep getting owned by heavies you can switch to BB and have a chance at least.

Just taunt heavies with flaregun crits. That's way more fun. I used to be a 100% backburner pyro, and while it's still a blast to play with, you really can't overstate how awesome the airblasts on the degreaser are, especially if you get your timing down.

Yeef

Well, Valve will probably add the flamethrower buff to the game whenever Meet the Pyro hits, so then there'd at least be a reason to use the regular flamethrower.

Well, Valve will probably add the flamethrower buff to the game whenever Meet the Pyro hits, so then there'd at least be a reason to use the regular flamethrower.
Personally I'd nerf the Degreaser; make the airblasts take up 25 or 40 ammo, so there'd be a decided advantage for the stock flamethrower (8 airblasts or 5 airblasts, respectively, for the Degreaser, vs. 10 for stock).

Top Bottom