• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple's June 10 WWDC keynote may happen at the same time as Microsoft's E3 presser

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/05/23...eynote-presentation-will-be-monday-june-10th/
In an unsurprising announcement, Apple has confirmed that the keynote address for the Worldwide Developers Conference will be at the Moscone Center on June 10, the first day of the conference.
Prior WWDC keynotes have started at 10 AM Pacific time.
http://gematsu.com/2013/05/microsoft-dates-e3-2013-press-conference
Microsoft will host its E3 press conference at the Galen Center on Monday, June 10.
Invites ask that guests arrive by 8:45 a.m. Pacific time. If past years’ start times are anything to go by, it’ll begin at 10 a.m.

Interesting. This sort of heavy overlap has happened in the past few years - Apple tends to get tons of press attention (negative and positive) even when they're not doing anything, and they can certainly suck the oxygen out of other people's announcements by drawing the attention of the tech press.

Have they ever previously had a WWDC keynote at the *same time* as a big console-maker's E3 press conference, though?

Scrawnton

I'm really looking forward to apples conference because I need a new laptop. I'm hoping they refresh their Mac Book Air lint that day and release that week because I want one.

Does it matter?

As a gamer, I know which conference I'm going to tune into. The other I can go to Engadget afterwards to read the announcements.

I apologize, by the way, if this is considered off-topic. I just think it's an important thing to take into consideration when we think about how the tech press and the broader press in general is going to receive E3 in general, but also specifically Microsoft if a bunch of press venues send their top reporters to cover Apple's event instead.

Dinjooh

going in for the kill.

well GAF declared Xbone isn't part of gaming too. amirite.

324mXBw.jpg

Mobius 1

The Apple announcements will suck all the air out of Microsoft's – during and after. Go look at the tech media from last year for evidence of what happens.

duckroll

I don't think this will have much impact in terms of coverage, since the press expects this in advance and would have assigned people to cover both events. It's a non-issue. The question is whether people who want to discuss either of these events will be able to do so on GAF if there's additional strain. I sure hope so! >_<

Oppo

Watch Apple announce a new Apple TV upgrade that does a whole bunch of the same things that the Xbone does.

I don't think this will have much impact in terms of coverage, since the press expects this in advance and would have assigned people to cover both events. It's a non-issue. The question is whether people who want to discuss either of these events will be able to do so on GAF if there's additional strain. I sure hope so! >_<

Obviously all stories will get covered, but I think it's likely that Apple will be the ones with the top headlines on many sites (this will also obscure plenty of news for the rest of the gaming industry and not only Microsoft, IMO).

Is gaf planning to turn off avatars and OT for e3 to help with the strain? (Actually wouldnt WWDC fall under OT?)

Hoo-doo

Banned
Does it matter?

As a gamer, I know which conference I'm going to tune into. The other I can go to Engadget afterwards to read the announcements.

I'm a gamer, but i'm also a tech enthusiast and my MBA is the best piece of tech I have ever owned.

The entire tech world will be watching what Apple is doing next as per usual. It's a big deal.
I think it's more fun to hop in the OT Apple conference thread and watch it happen live with GAF, and just read the Microsoft threads on Gaming Side once it's over.

This is probably why the One reveal was only about the technical side of the console, features, etc.

E3 conference will be all about the games, so it happening at the same time won't really matter as they'll be focused on very different things. Not sure why people are getting so excited.

saladine1

Holy shit lol!

Seriously, it seems that there is a curse or some shit on MS. I have never experienced such a clusterfuck in my life. This whole MS journey over the last year or so has been relentlessly bad..

Cidd

Holy shit lol!

Seriously, it seems that there is a curse or some shit on MS. I have never experienced such a clusterfuck in my life. This whole MS journey over the last year or so has been relentlessly bad..

Third console curse...

Top Bottom