• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy real time tech demo - Luminous Studio [Up3: Survey/Screens/Video]

jiggle

Update 2:

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVX0OUO9ptU&HD=1

Survey: https://form.square-enix.com/a.p/933/

^The above survey asks if you would like to see more of this world/character.

original_d.jpg

original_a.jpg

original_b.jpg

original_c.jpg

original_e.jpg

original_f.jpg

original_g.jpg

original_h.jpg

original_i.jpg

original_j.jpg

original_k.jpg

original_l.jpg

Update:

Video is coming, perhaps tomorrow, maybe sooner. All scenes were apparently shown manipulable in real time.

Famitsu's tiny report says SE is developing this in conjunction with their CG studio Visual Works, target hardware is next gen and they're hoping in the near future games can be played in real time with such quality of graphics. The project is called "Philosophy", and what was shown is a small part for everyone to see its potential.

Via Goli: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201206/06015843.html

philosophyyodth.png

Square Enix said:
To face the future challenges of game development head-on, our team at Square Enix is actively engaged in a comprehensive overhaul of our game development process. Leading this endeavor is the creation of a next-generation game engine aimed at delivering multi-platform, cutting-edge games for tomorrow's gaming systems. In order to achieve our goals, we've been looking for the best and brightest talent in the game industry.

Thanks to our recruiting efforts, which began last year, we've seen an influx of excellent developers not only from within Japan, but from various corners of the world as well. We've become a very international team, with about 30% of our members coming from outside of Japan.
I'd like to stress that Japanese language proficiency is not a requirement; if you think you have the right skills and are able to communicate in either English or Japanese, don't hesitate to contact us.

In addition to our work on the game engine, we're also very excited about the development of our accompanying DirectX 11-based tech demo, Philosophy. We're looking for talented individuals to push graphics technology to its limits in the production of this groundbreaking demo.

Lastly, we also have openings for researchers interested in using their academic ability to support existing game engine technology, and to help guide the next generation of entertainment technology that will be enjoyed by millions.

If you have a passion for games and game engine development and would like to put your skills to the test, we'd love to hear from you. I'm sure you'll find both rewarding challenges and a satisfying and exciting experience.

Seeking the Best
Yoshihisa Hashimoto
“Luminous Studio” Game Engine Director
“Philosophy” Technology Demo Director
Square Enix CTO
Source: http://www.square-enix.com/na/careers/getech/message.html

From their "closed doors" meeting:
AurCMf3CQAEtWaF.jpg

AurDxXKCAAA5rbH.jpg

AurFHA1CIAA54po.jpg

AurFtDPCEAEDeCY.jpg

thought this shouldn't be buried in the other thread :)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I hope next gen Square likes to start releasing games. At this rate, FF games are poised to start skipping generations entirely while in development.

Satch

Banned
I challenge somebody in this thread to an Agni Kai!

And that character design is... nice for a change.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I like that for KH's 10th Anniversary and FF's 25th Annniversary, all we get are tech demos and a cake. :p

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Oh God why are they making tech demos?

Who is working on their actual in-development games?

This is basically a new team they hired specifically to make a new engine to speed up development.

They seem quite competent at their jobs, but the question is if the developers they're giving it to will be. :p

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Is this a next gen preview? Looks pretty damned good but hard to tell without direct feed.

Top Bottom