• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls PSN Release 1/8 -- $19.99

NateDrake

ATLUS, the video game publishing brand of Index Digital Media, Inc., today announced that Demon's Souls, the award-winning action RPG for PlayStation®3 (PS3) Computer Entertainment System, will be coming in downloadable form to the PlayStation®Network (PSN) on 1/8/13 for $19.99.

To celebrate the release of Demon's Souls on PSN, ATLUS is hosting a World Tendency Event for one week starting on 1/8/13 and ending on 1/14/13, setting the servers to Pure White. For those that haven't played the game (or simply need a refresher), Pure White Tendency brings a number of changes to the game. For one, the game will be adjusted to an easier difficulty setting, where enemies will have decreased HP, attack power, and defense, while players will inflict more damage when attacking. Pure White Tendency is a rare occurance in the game so this is a great way for newcomers to learn the gameplay and immerse themselves in the world of Demon's Souls. Additionally, enemies will drop fewer upgrade stones and more healing items. New areas and special NPCs will also be open; players just need to know where to find them.

No excuse not to own or play this game now.

Guevara

Cheaper on disc at this point point probably but it's good to have the DL option.

Wonder what changed to make this happen>

Matt_C

By next week, I will finally remove the shrinkwrap from my copy of the game. Would the load times be better if I buy this online?

dani_dc

Weren't the servers supposed to die quite a few times already?
Hopefully this is profitable enough to assure the servers run for a few more years.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I'm hoping that it hits PS+. I've got Dark Souls waiting for me, on PC, but I'd love to play this first.

By next week, I will finally remove the shrinkwrap from my copy of the game. Would the load times be better if I buy this online?

Dunno about whether the load times would be quicker on the digital version....but the load times for Demon's Souls were never really that long to begin with in my opinion.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

No. Like PSX titles, this is a straight .iso dump into the EBOOT.PBP format. WYSIWYG.

Also I'm curious why they're going digital this late (4 years?) in the game.

Omega

Banned
also, does this mean i can die 1000 times and it will still be pure white?

it's one of the few games without invisible walls and when i used to own it, I would just roll off the sides and watch my guy drop 50+ feet for fun.

Eusis

I kinda want to double dip just so it can always be on my PS3, I'm even getting a new HD in due to space/speed issues. Hmmm.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
5-dipping on this. Bought.

The best game this generation, and also places in my top 5 of all games.

LiK

also, does this mean i can die 1000 times and it will still be pure white?

it's one of the few games without invisible walls and when i used to own it, I would just roll off the sides and watch my guy drop 50+ feet for fun.

If you die in human form, you change the tendency. It'll be more black .they're keeping it white for a limited time I assume.

Wanny

This might make the servers extend if there are some actual sales from it. Don't get me wrong but it was kind of hard to get Demon's Souls retail at its release where I live.

There's a strung-out guy in a boiling hot server room somewhere waiting to turn off the online features, but he keeps getting a call at the last minute telling him to continue waiting.

EDIT:
They're now open indefinitely, with no planned closure date.
He can finally go home!

Oh nice. I think I'll get this instead of Dark Souls on amazon for cheap. By the time I'm finished and ready for Dark souls I bet amazon's summer sale won't be too far off. Plus I need to upgrade my video card anyway

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Sweet,now more people can get and enjoy the superior Souls game.

now Folklore also need a PSN release.

SJRB

Gold Member
Sweet jesus this is awesome, I've been going around town for a copy just yesterday.

Thank god the Steam sale sucks balls, so I have 20 bucks to spend.

creid

Man, I tried to play a NG+ a few months after beating it, but even with PWWT I can't get anywhere :/

AHA-Lambda

What about EU release? I've some spare cash lying in my PSN wallet that might go towards trying this out........again! ;_;

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
im gonna have so much fun

Do note the tendency will change if you're human form and die WHILE IN GAME. HOWEVER: The server will reset to pure white if you re-login before the event ends. So this means you can set the game to pure black by invasion/dying as a human eight times. Do the black event, then re-login to the servers to reset the worlds to White.

I enjoyed Demon's Souls more than Dark Souls.

THATS RIGHT I SAID IT

This isn't the wrong opinion. This is the right opinion. No need to feel bad.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I should probably get it digitally since it's cheaper but i really like the demon's souls boxart and would like to have it on my shelf, it's awesome.

Top Bottom