• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you like your body?

13ruce

Banned
I don't want to flat out say "no", but I am a bit underweight so I guess I'm not 100% satisfied. My metabolism is so fast I swear it's nearly impossible for me to gain weight. I'm a 23y/o male at 5'7" and 115lbs (170cm, 52kg) I weighted 126lbs (57kg) back in high school but stress from a breakup after graduating and my one year in University dropped my weight down to 115 within months and I'd been stuck there for the past 5 years. I have zero body fat so I'm trying to see if there's a way I can gain muscle mass at this point without going to a gym. Maybe I'll buy a bucket of whey and drink 3 cups of it a day and see if that helps.

I weightlift and it helps i stay skinny but my arms look bigger now and nice with the skinny body. I suggest getting some dumbells and weightlift a couple of times a week also get some whey protein or eat/drink enough protein after workout. It really helps, my shoulders look bigger and my arms are bigger. Still have a skinny body tho but it looks pretty good thanks to the weightlifing.

I only drink whey after doing a workout tho or after weightlifting. Only things i have is a fitness floormat and dumbells, might get a jumping rope and pullup bar later and that's it.

Maybe this might also work for you and believe me my metabolism is insane too, got it from my father he is 47 and skinny (altho... He is ill at the moment kidney failure but he was always skinny)

Edit: i had a friend that used steriods and it worked for him but when he stopped workig out he got alot of body fat. So that is a extreme option.

Happier than I ever have been with my body right now. I let myself go to hell in my late 20s/early 30s. Just drinking all the time and eating garbage. I got quite heavy and didn't really notice how bad it had gotten. Like i was never obese, but I was definitely overweight.
Decided I had to do something about it in 2012 when I saw how big I had gotten in my wedding photos. Joined a boxing boot camp class, lost weight, got some cardio, learned to box, loved every second of it. I discovered I actually loved working out, something I never thought I'd ever do. Wound up doing some MMA training, TRX, a lot of bodyweight exercises, did some 10k runs, a lot of 5ks, took up Brazilian Jiu jitsu, all thanks to that one decision to try and lose weight back in 2012. I'd still like to lose that stubborn bit of belly fat, I'm working on that with a new eating regime at the moment, but I'm happier with my body and overall self confidence now in my late 30s than I was in my 20s.

To anyone looking to get fit or lose weight, I'd say just go for it. Join a fitness class or join a gym. Best decision I ever made.

I've always been skinny growing up. At one point I looked like a swallowed a bowling ball with all the fat in the gut.
This year I've gone down 3-4 belt holes so the guts gone but I've always had skinny forearms.

Only when I lift do my forearms look fine but the look doesn't stay. I've been lifting from 20, 30, 40 lbs and still no improvement.

I like my body, not my forearms

Bsigg12

I do! Other than eczema, asthma and keratoconus which are all manageable, I feel really good about the time I send in the gym and how I eat for the most part.

Bulked up to 210 and now I'm working on cutting back down to 180 over the next few months. It's going really well.

darscot

I find it strange how people consider themselves visually. I know I am the odd one because I don't. I'm over 6 feet that is a bonus in society for many reasons. My body never lets me down, I can play any sport I want, I am physically above average as far as pain and abuse. I can perform on very little sleep and even when exhausted it still performs. One negative thing is I wish I could run distance but my body is just not capable. Sure I could really train and eventually get there but it will never be natural and it will always be painful. Now that I am older it does demand I eat a little better. I'm lazy though so I will drift up then realise I need to pay a little more attention and eat better. Its a constant cycle of about 15 pounds. Never lifted a weight in my life, I have on very rare occasions did minor work outs when I was at the top of my 15 pound cycle. I could honestly not care less about how my body looks and I never think about it.

It's fine. I don't work out (which I should), but I have a pretty high metabolism so I'm thin and healthy looking. Biggest complaint I have is a weird hairline just because it makes it hard to get a good haircut, but I've found a style that works fine for me.

JB1981

My ass is pretty good. Have a good chest and broad shoulders. Back pretty wide. Needs to lose some lbs from the belly though. Wish I could get my hair back but being bald not as terrible as I thought it would be.

edit: nevermind, my question had already been answered.

As for the topic, I'm very healthy so I'm grateful (generally speaking, not a religious guy) for the body I was given.

Lamel

Banned
Yeah, it's pretty great. Been getting comments on it especially recently. Gonna ride it out until my metabolism goes to shit.

Yeah I do. I gain weight and mass proportionally, build muscle easily, and generally pretty flexible. I don't like what I've done to my body (mostly Jack-in-the-box), but the body is good yes.

I'm generally fine with it but I'm rather short (5'3") which I hate. Always an easy target for jokes and no one takes short guys seriously.

I have no strong feelings about it either way. I used to worry about my weight and looks but over the past year or two I've stopped caring. 10 years ago I wouldn't leave the house without make up on, now I can never be arsed putting it on. But my bf thinks I'm beautiful so that's all that really matters.

Massicot

I'm six foot tall (male) so I can't really complain about the height. I cannot gain weight for shit though. I started lifting and downing protein but it's still a struggle to stay at 150 lbs. I need to eat more.

Though I'd rather have this problem than the opposite, I guess.

TheContact

I'm gaining too much weight. Having a hard time not eating so much. Used to have a skinny body (never really had muscles) and I get a lot of compliments on how attractive I am but I'm not that happy when I look at my body in the mirror. 10 years ago or so I was too skinny (5'8" 120lb) now I'm 170lb with barely any muscle. I'm 31 now.

Thankfully I'm above average down there so that helps offset my insecurities a bit

FLAguy954

I'm damn proud of my body.

I have a fit build at 6'1'', 180 lbs, broad shoulders, great teeth and I'm not balding.

I'm also gonna be blunt and say my dick is pretty nice imo.

Watevaman

It's alright. I should work on gaining muscle a bit more than the semi-fat build I have now. It used to be much worse but I think I found a good middle ground right now.

Eh. I'm skinny as fuck (5'11 & 140 lbs). Being able to eat anything I want is nice, but it's also annoying because I can't gain muscle without mass, so I'm pretty weak. Gaining weight when you have a ridiculously high metabolism is both costly and extremely unpleasant, because you have to basically force-feed yourself ~6 meals a day + high-calorie snacks in between (and a strength training regimen of course). I've tried it before and it wasn't worth it.

I am 6 ft. And I work out regularly. I am about 85% happy with where I am right now. Just gotta cut a little more and I will be 100% happy. Currently 176lbs wanna cut to 170 and I am good money imo.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
I try to focus on my better qualities but for the most part I always feel a little too short and a little too fat. And my chin is somewhat weak.

But I can rock a mighty beard and look pretty good with a bald head, and plenty of people have told me I have a voice for radio.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Not really, but I'm working on it. At least on those things I can. Started eating healthy, tracking my intake, hitting the weights and what not so hopefully in a few months I'll be in a place where I can like it more.

Not really, but I'm working on it. At least on those things I can. Started eating healthy, tracking my intake, hitting the weights and what not so hopefully in a few months I'll be in a place where I can like it more.

It's totally doable and worth it.

What's weird is when people notice.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
It's totally doable and worth it.

What's weird is when people notice.

Yeah, it's mostly a matter of me sticking with it. If I can maintain my current routine I should be in pretty great shape by early spring.

I'm really not in a bad position. Just under 6'2", between 210-220. Most weight in stomach/waist and thighs. Have naturally very muscular legs and thighs. Was always skinny and have no upper body muscle mass of any kind, but stated gaining weight after college slowly and steadily.

Cut carbs from my diet a couple years ago and lost like 20 pounds rather quickly and it felt great but slowly gained most of it back from a lack of keeping the routine after the first three months.

Real test will come in a month or so after I close the pool and no longer have a place to just relax in and cool off after working out which has been really great. Plus all my weights are in the garage, so once winter hits that will be another test, luckily I like the cold.

Am I happy with my body? Not really, no. I'm not outright "fat," I think, but I am becoming increasingly overweight. Definitely fed up with that being the case.

The healthiest I've been, at least as far as weight goes in my adulthood would probably be around four years ago, after losing a bit of weight as a result of a surgery I had on my jaw that required me to go on a liquid-only diet for several months.

I know what my target weight is, so it's really just a matter of stepping up and changing my diet, exercise more frequently and being able to stick with it for the long term.

KillLaCam

Banned
Nope, I'm skinny and id like to have some more muscle . But I do Muay Thai and have a SUPER high metabolism. So I'd have to eat a sumo diet to get any kinds of gainz . But I'm fine because I'd rather not eat 20,000 calories a day

TheDanger

Banned
I am good with it, I am 189 cm tall and as long as I don't get fat I'm pretty satisfied, some more muscle would be good, but I don't care enough to work out.

Battlechili

Banned
I sometimes wish I looked more feminine, but I think I'm otherwise satisfied with myself. I mostly just sometimes feel like looking "cute". I'm overall happy with who I am and how I am though, and the only actual body problems I have is that I'm slightly underweight (110 pounds) and my toenails are unhealthy looking. These are fairly minor issues as far as I'm concerned though, and they should be easy to fix. I just have no desire to wake up early in the morning to eat breakfast. 2 meals a day for me.

Muffdraul

I liked it just fine, all the way up until it betrayed me at some point after I turned 35. Fuck you, body. You used to be cool.

I don't like my body. I've been overweight since I was in elementary school, I have extra huge large/"thumb" toes that I inherited from my mom (and fairly big feet aside), despite how fat I am my butt remains relatively flat, my head is too large, too much hair, I can go on and on pointing out everything I perceive as a flaw. I'm trying (and in some cases succeeding) in learning to love myself more. There's a lot that I have going for me, and hey I have all my limbs, no major or unfixable problems with hearing or vision, so I have much to be thankful for. I think my self image problem fucked up my ability to have intimate relationships for a while, I didn't have my first kiss until I was 25 and didn't willingly get naked in front of another person until 3 years later. It's not like I had 0 opportunity prior to that, thinking about being with another person always made me feel kinda weird or bad because I assumed they'd find me ugly, so I avoided it.

This is Neogaf. Everyone likes their body because it's attached to a large penis.

I wish.

PillarEN

There are things I'd like to change that can't be changed just by working out or styling. Such is life. It's a healthy body with some killer metabolism though so that's a neat thing I'm happy to have. I try to take a positive outlook even with several things that I think "gee life I could have done without the chest cavity and that big splotch of botched skin that was caused by eczema or something as I don't even remember anymore."

Kthulhu

I wish I had less fat on me, but that's my fault for eating so much fast food and not exercising.

Probably the only thing I can't control that I don't like is my acne attacks I sometimes get. It's not as bad as when I was a teenager, but it's still frustrating.

Shredderi

Hell no. I'm on the short side and I'm a fat fuck. I'm losing it as we speak but I have enough fat that when I finally hit my ideal weight I will still look bad without a shirt (loose skin). So yeah, I don't think I will ever like my body in my life, but at least I will propably live longer after losing the weight. Also just an average dick so didn't luck out there either. No physical attributes that would grant me some source of confidence.

Also I have Keratosis Pilaris which makes my arms look ugly. Would feel better without that as there seems to be no reliable treatment for it.

Top Bottom