• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumour) AMD R290x (9970) benchmarks leak - faster than Nvidia Titan

ghst

thanks for the laugh
for those who haven't been keeping up, earlier today a korean site leaked a bunch of pics of an engineering sample of what is supposedly AMD's new flagship card:

A6XQkim.jpg

the number of memory modules seemed to confirm a 512-bit bus, a major milestone on its own.

a few minutes ago, the same site published these benchmarks:

2557A037523E21391B8036

272CCC37523E213A220A06

26025E37523E213B2A787A

2109E337523E213B279D84

go here for the rest: http://translate.google.com/transla...UTF-8&u=http://udteam.tistory.com/539&act=url

bear in mind this could all be hit-driving horseshit and an ES doesn't necessarily represent final performance, but it'd be a major coup if AMD have managed to pull this off. either way, we'll find out on wednesday when AMD showcase their new GPU range through a webcast at 3pm EDT.

vilmer_

If these findings hold true, then I have found myself a new card. Bring it on AMD! $1000 for a Titan is an absolute joke.

GTX 780 is $1000 here, Titan is $1800. 7970 launched at $650, if they can launch this between $650 and $750 I'll get one for sure.

inherendo

rumours put it at a sub $600 price point, but that was when estimations of its performance were much more conservative.

I believe the 7970 launched at 550 usd. If these benches are true, it would be pretty amazing performance, given what AMD has stated about die size and same lithography.

def sim

I would be interested in this if my OC'd 7970ghz weren't such a baller card. It's nice that it's used in those benchmarks.

I can wait for 20nm. Still, I'm pretty amazed at these results. Hopefully the card isn't too expensive if any of this is true.

inherendo

I would be interested in this if my OC'd 7970ghz weren't such a baller card. It's nice that it's used in those benchmarks.

I can wait for 20nm. Still, I'm pretty amazed at these results. Hopefully the card isn't too expensive if any of this is true.

Was shocked as well. I'm guessing all the units and graphics for explosions and bullet particles, etc kill the frames. Still surprising though.

syko de4d

uhi looks good. But i will still wait till 20nm and oculus rift consumer version, but this is a good sign for how good gpus will be in one year :)

Can't wait to see the official reveal, benchmarks, and pricing. Havn't owned an ATI card since 9800 Pro back in the days. I am on the fence between upgrading video card or just grabbing a PS4 as long as my i5 2500k is up to the task and not bottlenecked.

Nags

Banned
Was waiting on some news like this before deciding what I would finally replace my gtx 560 ti with.

plainr_

If this is around $500, I will get this for my HTPC. But, it looks like it's longer than the Titan though and that barely fits in my case now. Had to do some cutting to the frame.

thefit

If this is around $500, I will get this for my HTPC. But, it looks like it's longer than the Titan though and that barely fits in my case now. Had to do some cutting to the frame.

Yeah I've got a measly low profile 1 gig card in my htpc right now because no way can I fit anything larger. I have my 7950 on my desktop so I want to migrate that into the htpc but like u said the size thing means I'm going to have to stuff the new tower I'm going to need in the back of the cabinet.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Aww shit, bring on the hype train for the 25th.

Hopefully these turn out to be decent so I can actually upgrade my rig.

nded

Hilarious. Wouldn't mind seeing nVidia get slapped around a bit, It might be good for them and for consumers.

inherendo

These things are always exciting until I look at the price. *droops head*

That's when you then look at the former flagships and see they've dropped a ton in price and buy that. If you are only running 1080p on a single monitor the 250 card will be plenty.

with low AA it's not that bad:

with high AA it's extremely demanding though:

You have to admit, getting those frames at 1080p on a titan is pretty shitty unless it is the best looking game of all time.

thefit

Now please get your driver shit together AMD I know they've been better lately and I hope they keep going in that direction.

inherendo

Now please get your driver shit together AMD I know they've been better lately and I hope they keep going in that direction.

AMD's problem is with crossfire (enduro as well). Single card hasn't ever been an issue for me, but I don't play all the new AAAs.

How's AMD's current drivers for crossfire?

They are working on it, but it still kinda sucks. Toms and Anand have hard numbers on the improvements with CF.

If true I can't wait to see what Nvidia's response will be in terms of a better card!

And yes, Company of Heroes 2 really does run that poorly and I have no clue why. Hopefully it gets fixed at some point but it's already been a few months since launch.

Top Bottom