• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anything is possible if you believe in it; RE2 remake possible

LiK

http://www.gamespot.com/news/resident-evil-2-remake-possible-with-fan-support-6397240

Capcom's 1998 survival horror game Resident Evil 2 could have new life some day. Speaking to GameSpot today as part of a video question-and-answer session, Capcom producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi confirmed the studio is not working on a remake at the moment, but the door is open in the future.

"Just to lay all the cards on the table, that way there's no rumor-mongering or things like that, no, we are not working on a Resident Evil 2 remake as of now," Hirabayashi said. "But if the fans really clamor for it; if there's a groundswell of support for remaking that game, then I think that's something Capcom would take under consideration."

Resident Evil 6 is the next entry in the series, and is due out for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on October 2, well ahead of its originally planned November 20 launch. A Wii U version is not in the works, and development on the PC version only just began.

Speaking to this, Hirabayashi said gamers can expect additional news regarding the PC version of Resident Evil 6 in near future, but not until the console versions ship next week. No further information was divulged.

Seems like a no-brainer to remake this game. But hey, I guess voice your support...in some way.

mpbA6.png

If they mean fan-support as in fans saying "yeah we'd buy this" then no problem.

If they mean fan-support as in CAPCPCOM CORPORATION KICKSTARTER, then they can sod off.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Response #1: Kickstarter!
Response #2: Just like Mega Man Legends 3 amirite?

Now, which one should I go for...?

Resilient

Clearly current fan support now has not been enough. If we want this game, we will need to sacrifice our first born child to Capcom to show how badly we want it.

Levito

Banned
Fans have been begging for this for 10 FUCKING YEARS CAPCOM, what exactly is "fan support"?

Honestly, they would not do it justice. I'd be willing to bet they're turn it into a mediocre 3rd person shooter if this actually happens.

Alfredo

I will, but only if they get Ada's voice actress back and stop changing Leon's voice!

Actually, no, who am I kidding, I would play the hell out of an RE2 remake.

- J - D -

Do you guys actually want this? Who knows what a RE2 remake would entail these days, with Capcom's modern design philosophy.

geebee

Banned
Watch Capcom announce it, have some gameplay footage shown, fan-voting on character designs, etc.. then BAM.. game cancelled. Sorry, fans! You weren't interested enough, after all.

Muffdraul

Capcom. It's very simple. Just take the RE6 engine and use it to remake RE2. And then use it to remake REmake. Then just stop making RE games, which is what you should have done eight years ago. (i.e. RE4 should have been the first game in a new franchise, even if it was an RE spin off starring Mr. S Kennedy)

As long as it's done in the same lens as REmake, this sounds like the best thing ever.

RE2 is one of my favorite games ever. Let's just not have Leon dodging lasers while Ada uses a grappling hook to lower herself to the bottom of the Umbrella facility floor.

Capcom. It's very simple. Just take the RE6 engine and use it to remake RE2. And then use it to remake REmake. Then just stop making RE games, which is what you should have done eight years ago. (i.e. RE4 should have been the first game in a new franchise, even if it was an RE spin off starring Mr. S Kennedy)
I'd rather they just used the REmake engine period.

GQman2121

Banned
It's the best game in the series imo. But I don't want them to do this. RE: Remake was one thing, but that was nearly 10 years ago. The suits would destroy it in today market.

mattp

only way i would even care about this if it it was done identically to how they did REmake
including getting the original director. and i dont think kamiya would ever be interested anyway

Dahbomb

As an average fan of the series I have wanted a RE2 remake ever since playing REmake and RE4.. RE2 remake should be a game falling between those two games.

However now I am not even sure Capcom is capable of making a RE2 remake that would do the game or series any justice.

Top Bottom