• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harmonix pushes out short survey about Rock Band

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
The survey link is here. Let your voice be heard!
The main reason I brought up this thread because of what they are asking about at the end of the survey, and what they said in their email

Answering these questions will help inform discussions about the future of Rock Band. As always, we want to make sure that the community has a voice in what we're doing here at Harmonix. Thanks for helping!

Which elements would you be the most excited about for the future of Rock Band? Please rank these options from MOST EXCITED (1) to LEAST EXCITED (5).

A sale on existing DLC

A new Rock Band title on LEGACY consoles (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii)

A new Rock Band title on CURRENT-GEN consoles (Xbox One, PS4, Wii U)

New DLC

New versions of existing instruments for CURRENT-GEN consoles (guitar, drums, etc.)

Personally I wouldn't mind a new game for legacy consoles, Having them transition over to next gen is going to be tough if they don't get backwards compatibility for instruments in my opinion.

That last one... Fine for anyone not already invested in the franchise, but I don't see it being a popular choice, especially when last gen peripherals are so cheap and easy to find

Raide

Uses legacy DLC/ previous RB songs.

New DLC.

Just do the above...

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
PC version like Rocksmith, complete with ability to just plug it in and play in a similar fashion.

Survey is busted for me though, final question keeps only letting me select 4 of the questions and the arrow will bounce around from one random one when I try to fix it. Chrome.

Uses legacy DLC/ previous RB songs.

New DLC.

Just do the above...
Yeah cant think of anything Rock Band really needs on current gen systems. Realistic detailed crowds?

Yeah, compatibility with existing instruments needs to be an absolute priority with the next installment. As well as getting back the rights to some of the tracks that have elapsed.

GamerJM

Banned
Yeah, I'd prefer a new game for current gen if possible. Honestly I wouldn't mind if they just made one last RB game for 360/PS3/Wii (or maybe just Wii U since everything should be BC there). A lot of people say RB3 was a good sendoff to the series but it didn't really feel like one to me, and I want RB1/2 band world tour mode back.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I don't feel as though answering these questions really conveyed my feeling about this.

- I played a lot of Rock Band during RB/RB2/Lego:RB/Beatles:RB
- I have a guitar and a drum kit, but they're most of the way across the continent
- Mostly I think if they're going to do another one, it should work with all the songs I've already bought and all the instruments I've already bought
- I might buy a new one at some point in the future, but probably not now
- I'm not interested in sales on existing DLC because I don't play the game anymore, but if I started playing the game again, I'd want cheaper DLC
- Obviously new games should have new songs, and new DLC, but they've already grabbed most of the low-hanging fruit so maybe it's time to take more of an iTunes/library approach than a marquee DLC of the week approach

I would buy a PS4/XB1 Band In A Box set in a heartbeat. ZERO hesitation. I'd love for my old gear to work with a new RB, of course- and for my old DLC to migrate over, but even without all that, I just want MORE.

Raide

Yeah cant think of anything Rock Band really needs on current gen systems. Realistic detailed crowds?

RB certainly ain't about amazing HD visuals. Make the gameplay as solid as it always is and just don't screw people on DLC and owners of the previous games. They have always been good at DLC and supporting the previous games, so just make that again!

GamerJM

Banned
- I played a lot of Rock Band during RB/RB2/Lego:RB/Beatles:RB

Also this is a good point as well. I played the series extremely frequently from 2008 all the way up through 2012. I haven't played much recently but if they started doing things with the series again I might. I don't know why they asked a bunch of questions about how you play with the games right now.

Pinball FX 2 has cross-platform DLC from PS3/Vita->PS4

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/17/zen-pinball-2-hits-ps4-this-week-import-your-ps3-and-vita-content/

I'm not sure if it's the same way on XB1. But at least it's possible on the PS4.

A lot of stuff actually got held back because of the last-gen systems.

The Wii version of the games couldn't have songs over certain lengths due to ram limitations. (Also other fuck ups, too)

A PS4/XB1 version would allow for MUCH quicker loading for large DLC libraries. (On the PS3, it takes MINUTES with a lot of songs)
Additionally, the old gen actually had a 2,000 song limit, I believe. After that, items failed to load.

Just being on a beefier device will help things go smoothly.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I would love a next gen Rockband. My old guitar is pretty worn so I'd be down to buy a reasonably priced new one.

Damaniel

Banned
Just give me a current gen version, with the ability to import my existing RB DLC (for free or cheap), and we'll be good. Better instruments would be nice too.

I haven't played Rock Band in at least 3 years, but I'd definitely pick it up again if they put it on current gen consoles.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
RB certainly ain't about amazing HD visuals. Make the gameplay as solid as it always is and just don't screw people on DLC and owners of the previous games. They have always been good at DLC and supporting the previous games, so just make that again!

Well, Dance central DLC will be cross compatible with the upcoming Xbox one version (I think the disc installs will have another fee though). Who knows if this specifically applies to the Dance central dlc licensing.

Dumb survey-- you cannot use the numbers more than once.

Survey is busted for me though, final question keeps only letting me select 4 of the questions and the arrow will bounce around from one random one when I try to fix it. Chrome.

I think they simply want you to rank the 5 options from most to least. They're trying to determine customer priorities, so they want to force people to choose the one choice listed that they're most excited for. So if that's true, it's working as intended - it's just set up awkwardly.

robotrock

Banned
My guitar is broken as well as my drum set. Bring it over to current gen, and have support for existing instruments plz.

tmarques

More Blondie.

Seriously, though, can they even allow people to use whatever DLC they already have on a new RB for current gen consoles or would that be a licensing nightmare? Because I'd rather see a new RB game (also known as cheap DLC) for the previous generation if that's the case.

Lenardo

Banned
for a wii-u version...not much work would have to be done to "alter" the instruments.

all the old instruments should work, they just plugged into the wiimote/used wiimote control codes- i know they did for guitar hero(plug in).

so update the shells, get some sweet songs, update the graphics and i know my kids would WANT it..

Fingers crossed something good comes of it. I went for -

A new game for PS4/XB1
New Instruments (something that can compete with Rocksmith please)
New DLC
DLC Sale
New game on last gen

Would love to be able to invite my Bros over to play either Pro Drums or Midi Drums while I rock out on a real Bass.

Or better still, the ability to do Drum-offs that the first two games allowed - THAT was fun.

FaintDeftone

I would like new instruments actually. I want them to reinvent how you play instead of having the game play the same old way with just new songs and features.

Can't believe I'm saying this but they should give a grander sense of participation to casual (I.e shit) players. Would make it a much better party game.

Fingers crossed something good comes of it. I went for -

A new game for PS4/XB1
New Instruments (something that can compete with Rocksmith please)
New DLC
DLC Sale
New game on last gen

Would love to be able to invite my Bros over to play either Pro Drums or Midi Drums while I rock out on a real Bass.

Or better still, the ability to do Drum-offs that the first two games allowed - THAT was fun.

That was my list exactly.

If Harmonix releases a new Rock Band on last gen consoles exclusively I cannot be held responsible for my actions.

Please, /please/ PS4 and Xbone only.

Jedi Otter

Survey was really. . . odd?
Yeah, CURRENTLY I don't play Rock Band because all my instruments are broken in some minor way that makes them unplayable, and there's no new DLC.

How much DID I play Rock Band? Every damn day. Owned every console Rock Band game, got Pro Guitar Pro Keys and Pro Drums, and had over 600 DLC songs.

I have a feeling that the wording in this survey is gonna send mixed messages...

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I've grown nostalgic enough that I would buy a new RB on day 1. If I could carry my songs over to the new systems, that would be an amazing feat on their part.

Guitar Hero can stay dead.

IaN_GAF

I never actually played Rock Band (for shame!) so I'm hoping they'll come out with a brand new version of the game for current consoles. I would be all over that.

Bgamer90

Banned
For some reason the check mark when it comes to the last gen DLC and a new last gen game keeps on disappearing. I can't finish the survey.

Edit: Haha, never mind. Stupid mistake on my part. Was rating each instead of ranking them.

jersoc

the only thing i'd be worried about is they make a new one for current gen, is all my dlc and instruments i currently own. no way would i be buying a new drum set when i already own the ions. the dlc would be less important and more understable, but still disappointing nonetheless.

I stop play RockBand when RockSmith came out and I realised I didn't have to faff with the shity Pro Guitars any longer. Only next gen, real instruments and multi-instrument multiplayer will get me back into Rock Band. Loose anyone of the three and I'll stick with RockSmith thanks.

For some reason the check mark when it comes to the last gen DLC and a new last gen game keeps on disappearing. I can't finish the survey.

You can only select each excited option once. So if you have an option checked for "1 - Most Excited" and then you select another option for "1 - Most Excited," the previous checkmark will disappear. You need to order the options from 1 - 5, based on priority.

Edit: I see he figured it out, but I'll leave this here in case someone else is confused.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
No more band stuff :(

Just do a guitar game, please!

You do realize that the drumming aspect of Rock Band was huge right? Not including the full band now is a suicidal move.

Also, there will still be tough guitar songs. RB3 had Llama, 25 or 6 to 4, Free Bird, Roundabout, and many others. Plus all the tough songs from the other games and DLC.

boofa

Neo Member
That last one... Fine for anyone not already invested in the franchise, but I don't see it being a popular choice, especially when last gen peripherals are so cheap and easy to find

You must not be looking for PS3. I hadn't played in quite a while and finding a PS3 guitar that is in decent shape and includes the dongle and doesn't cost 150 isn't so easy.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Too bad Red Octane is dead, they made the best guitar controllers by far.

The Guitar hero 2 explorer for the xbox 360 is definitely the eptiome of the guitar hero controllers, but I think harmonix really knocked it out of the park with their Rock Band 2 guitars (let's not talk about the ones that came with RB1). Built in calibration, very solid strum bars with a nice grip, long battery life.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I voted for a new Rock Band on last gen consoles because I have an Xbox 360 dedicated to just playing Rock Band since I play using my Roland electronic drums.

No more band stuff :(

Just do a guitar game, please!

Hell no, I only play drums for Rock Band.

bumpkin

I was more into Rock Band when I didn't live in a duplex where the living room shares a wall with the neighbor's kitchen and they bitch about any loud noise. Kind of renders my favorite instrument (drums) useless.

Top Bottom