• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to deal with humidity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

It's almost summer time, and depending on where you live, you have to brace for the outdoor oven of dry heat or slogging through a pool of your own sweat from humidity. Dry heat feels like you are on the verge of melting like that guy in Raiders of the Lost Ark, but humidity is far more inconvenient and embarrassing. Does GAF have any tips on how to deal with extreme humidity? I'm thinking of making a shirt entirely out of deodorant.

Servbot24

Banned
Some days in Iowa when you step out of the house it feels like you've just had a wet blanket thrown on you. No way to deal with it, stay inside with the AC.

Liberty4all

Banned
We only get a few weeks of that a year up in Toronto, usually in July and August. Personally I stay indoors in the AC.

I couldn't imagine having to deal with that bullshit for months on end.

Weenerz

Banned
We only get a few weeks of that a year up in Toronto, usually in July and August. Personally I stay indoors in the AC.

Lucky. We get it from May to September.

NinjaBoiX

Gold Member
I drop one of these into my pants.

OhQ0AOp.jpg

leadbelly

Banned
Depends if we actually have a summer this year. Perhaps it will snow in June. Not beyond the realm of possibilities. The way the weather has been this year, I wouldn't be surprised.

Humidity doesn't bother me as much (still does) in the day, as it does on the night. Trying to sleep when it's really humid is horrible.

moojito

When I visited America, as I stepped off the plane there was this blast of hot air like when you walk into a shop and they have a heater blowing down from above the door. I took another step and it was still there. Damn big heater vents they have here, I thought as I continued along the walkway. Yeah, that blast of heat didn't go away for 2 weeks. Some kind of mobile air conditioning unit, you need. Like a cool box with holes for your legs to come out of.

When I visited America, as I stepped off the plane there was this blast of hot air like when you walk into a shop and they have a heater blowing down from above the door. I took another step and it was still there. Damn big heater vents they have here, I thought as I continued along the walkway. Yeah, that blast of heat didn't go away for 2 weeks. Some kind of mobile air conditioning unit, you need. Like a cool box with holes for your legs to come out of.

Yeah - sounds like you went to Florida ?

seanoff

Suck it up and sweat.

Good job most of you guys don't live anywhere near me in the tropics, you'd be dead inside a week.

Andrew.

Banned
South Florida humidity is on the way and I am not looking forward to it whatsoever.

5 months of skyrocketing electric bills thanks to the a/c being on 24/7 =(

Gustav

Banned
I can't deal with humidity. I sweat like a pig, especially on my forehead! if I start sweating, I'm embarrassed. If I'm embarrassed, I get hot and sweat even more. It's a never ending cycle of awkwardness and sweat. I hate it.

MasLegio

Banned
ankle socks, having wind and air on the ankles does good to cool the blood which in turns make it a bit more bearable

-font-b-Men-s-b-font-Mens-Fashion-Low-Cut-font-b-Ankle-b-font.jpg

Necrovex

I live in Florida, so I have to deal with humidity 80% of the year. I've simply gotten used to it. Hell, I usually pull up the window to get that nice summer breeze. Though, I am probably preparing for Japan since the place I will live (and most other places in the country) shall lack an AC. :(

Protein

Banned
I usually load up on snow cones to battle the heat. I want to grow some trees at my house to create some more shade.

Jezbollah

0000005269716_001c_v001_zp

I've got one of these. Havent had the chance to really test it out due to the crappy summer we had in the UK in '12. Looking forward to using it.

http://eprints.lib.hokudai.ac.jp/dspace/bitstream/2115/45104/1/IJSS48-7-8_1130-1140.pdf

The replies in this thread aren't very comforting. I should seriously just carry around a stick of deodorant and make bathroom runs to rub it all over myself. No one will be the wiser.

The actual answer is do what everyone in Texas does during the summer: Stay indoors. Wear shorts and sandals if you have to go outside for long periods of time.

It's why whenever people up north complain about sandals, I just laugh.

maomaoIYP

I live in a country where the temperature varies from 28-35 degrees Celsius 365 days a year, and humidity can exceed 100%.

cbox

I'd say we get it for a good while longer than a few weeks...

As far as dealing with it? Gold bond medicated powder, seriously. It works wonders for your "areas"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom