• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphinx

the piano man
Congrats on the nice OP, nice.

on the other hand... it gave me a link to a trailer of Silent Hill: Book of Memories.

My thoughts: :-(

so who is buying this at normal price? like, who will go to a store on launch day and ask the clerk " I'd like to purchase one Playstation Vita, with a Memory Card, sr. "?

For instance, this one...

...looks like something I'd really lap up. I don't know what the chances are of it being localised though; slim to none I'd garner.

Well, 999 was translated and brought over, and since this is a sequel to that it might have a better chance than most.

I'll probably get it on 3DS though.

MrCow

okay out of nothing the hype hit me and i ordered the Vita from the german amazon with the following promo bundle:

PS Vita Wifi 250€
Memory Card 8GB (free)
Preoder Box with Headphones and 5€ PSN code (free)
Dungeon Hunter Alliance (-15€ = 23€)

Uncharted Golden Abyss (50€)
----------

323€

now i can't wait for the 22nd and i really hope that Gravity Rush will be released soon in EU

yencid

Was the stream that went very indepth on the OS ever archived?

i think its needed in every thread. this OS is bomb.

Takao

Banned
I'm considering ordering Gravity Rush from Playasia. How long does it usually take to ship to US/Canada on their regular shipping option? It says 21-Days on their site.

That's about right from my experience.

Do note, there will be DLC!

Thanks....on that note, Gravity Rush received a 38/40 from Famitsu...what did the review text say about the game?

Here:

As for the Gravity Daze reviews, they're full of praise and the only con listed is that dodging by flicking the touch screen isn't really comfortable ("It'd be good if you could also use the back touch panel for that"). Also, the difficulty level is said to be high and completing the game takes 15 hours according to the reviewers. If you go for trophies, you'll have to play for "more than 20 hours".

Oh I forgot all about the vita being backwards compatible, so many psp games I never played which I look forward too grabbing.

Is the vita region free btw? I'd hate to miss out on that ragnarok game.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
in English please.

If you have a First Edition Bundle ordered, the release date is February 15. The standard 3G/wifi, and wifi bundles come out one week later for the Western hemisphere.

**Update** Sorry for the double post, didn't see the answer posted a few posts ago

DBT85

I'm so tempted to get this Uncharted themed Thrustmaster case but I resent paying an extra £5 for the Uncharted branding and gold colour.

Go VIP or go home.

So how many people getting the 3g bundle over the wifi vita?

I am. The reasons are thus.

I had budgeted £220 for a WiFi + at least £30 for a card. Then I wanted to get Rayman and Wipeout anyway which was gong to total of about £320. In the EU you get Wipeout when you get the 3G and pay a months fee. Also with amazon.co.uk you get Rayman for £15 with a bundle and a free 8gb card. So to get the 3G and all that is only costing £300 and thats including a month of 3G to get Wipeout.

So I'm paying less than I expected to pay and getting the option of 3G and GPS. I know I could save more money and just pay for the WiFi instead but sod it.

I've also ordered a giffgaff sim which i can get 250MB for £5 ranging up to 3GB for £12.50.

e_i

15-20 hours for Gravity Rush. God damn. Really hard? Holy shit. I might scratch this off my list.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I'm surprised the Vita wont be playing PS1 games out the door, I hadn't even considered they wouldn't be emulating the PS1 considering they have been playable on all of Sony's platforms and now android phones.

Hopefully they can sort that out, I never got a PSP, but I really want to get a Vita and would be nice having mobile access to FF7/8/9 too.

Kuran

Banned
PSY・S;34867180 said:
Yes, those are the few shots that stand out, but I don't know the what's going on in them. They could one-off events in the story or additional locations that can be freely explored.

I just want to know how large the world is, if there's a nice variety of locations, and if those locations can be explored at any time.

Cynical, are we?

PSY・S;34868265 said:
Fifteen hours plus DLC? I have a feeling Sony's going to raise the price to $49.99 if Golden Abyss sells well. Ah well, I'm still hyped! Looking forward to the OT.

Just preorder it on Amazon at $39.99 now and get the price guarantee.

Takao

Banned
15-20 hours for Gravity Rush. God damn. Really hard? Holy shit. I might scratch this off my list.

Eh? That's a pretty good length. I don't think the difficulty comment was meant as a negative, but just an overall comment.

Is the vita region free btw? I'd hate to miss out on that ragnarok game.

Yes retail games are region-free, but if the game has an online pass or DLC you'll have to go through a bunch of unfriendly things to make it work.

So that first edition thing is only for the 3G Vita?

Canada and Radio Shack get the WiFi model for $299.

03sho

if you ordered the First Edition Bundle, it releases on the 15th if you didn't then it's normal *sucker* launch for you which is the 22nd .

If you have a First Edition Bundle ordered, the release date is February 15. The standard 3G/wifi, and wifi bundles come out one week later for the Western hemisphere.

**Update** Sorry for the double post, didn't see the answer posted a few posts ago

Oh ok. Does it cost extra?

Sorry for the questions. Just we didnt get anything like that here in the UK

anddo0

So how many people getting the 3g bundle over the wifi vita?

I was set on Wifi/32GB mc.. But ultimately decided against it in favor of more games (saving almost $100 by dropping the 32GB) and future proofing my purchase. I can always get a 32GB down the line at a more reasonable price.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Just placed my order:

PlayStation Vita First Edition Bundle
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND
Rayman Origins
Dynasty Warriors NEXT
Touch My Katamari
PlayStation Vita Cradle
PlayStation Vita AC Adaptor
PlayStation Vita USB Cable

Thinking about the 32gb card, Dungeon Hunter Alliance and Army Corps of Hell. Also want the portble charger but amazon doesn't have it listed.

Carl

I've also ordered a giffgaff sim which i can get 250MB for £5 ranging up to 3GB for £12.50.

I did that in preparation too. Came yesterday.

Also getting a 3G (obviously) because i got it for £248 on Tesco which seems like on hell of a bargain. I would have gone for the Amazon deal, but i don't really want to get Rayman yet (it will drop in pric horrendously quickly), and i really wanted a 16GB card. So i didn't see the point in paying the extra to be honest.

I'll just sign up to Vodafone long enough to get a free copy of Wipeout then switch to GiffGaff

Thank god I'm not a sucker. I'm only paying $99.

So you don't pay tax?

Just placed my order:

Rayman Origins
Dynasty Warriors NEXT
Touch My Katamari
PlayStation Vita Cradle

Thinking about the 32gb card, Dungeon Hunter Alliance and Army Corps of Hell. Also want the portble charger but amazon doesn't have it listed.

How much is that?!

Weenerz

Banned
Finished paying off my pre-order, get to enjoy;

PS Vita wifi
Touch My Katamari
Wipeout 2048

Most likely picking up on launch;

Uncharted
Mortal Kombat (when it releases)

Just placed my order:

Rayman Origins
Dynasty Warriors NEXT
Touch My Katamari
PlayStation Vita Cradle

Why are you buying the AC Adaptor and USB cable? They're included. Or do you just want a second set for somewhere else? :D

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Edit - just checked Amazon and answered my own question. Some games are out on the 15th, so I guess I'll post the Wipeout OT tomorrow night. :)

This is what I'll be getting:

Wifi model
8 GB memory stick
Hori Screen protector
Hot Shot Golf
Cradle

I would get Ridge Racer if Namco would have put more effort into it like they did on the PSP. Lumines is just too expensive at 40 dollars. I'll get another memory card when I need one in the future and it'll be cheaper by then.

Yoona

Banned
Yep, money saved on not getting first edition can go to getting the 32GB card (which I still think is gonna be way to small in the long run)

For $100, it should be a 64GB card or something :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've never played BlazBlue, but I've heard good things...Any good comparison available for UMvC3 and BlazBlue (general mechanics wise and such)? I'd like to grab a decent fighter early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom