• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan lines up for Black DSL. x one-hundred billion (sold out)

cvxfreak

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/09/02/103,1157162861,59450,0,0.html

h-103_59450_dsblacksinjuku1.jpg.jpg

h-103_59450_dsblacksinjuku2.jpg.jpg

h-103_59450_dsblacksinjuku3.jpg.jpg

h-103_59451_top.jpg.jpg

h-103_59451_sotoretu1.jpg.jpg

h-103_59451_rejikoukaku.jpg.jpg

h-103_59451_reji.jpg.jpg

h-103_59451_ojisan.jpg.jpg
h-103_59451_oyako.jpg.jpg

h-103_59451_onyanoko.jpg.jpg
h-103_59451_josei.jpg.jpg

h-103_59451_jitensha.jpg.jpg

h-103_59451_kado.jpg.jpg

h-103_59451_tyouda.jpg.jpg

h-103_59451_gamecourner.jpg.jpg

h-103_59451_guruguru.jpg.jpg

h-103_59451_goal.jpg.jpg

h-103_59452_3802.jpg.jpg

h-103_59452_4001.jpg.jpg

h-103_59452_40022.jpg.jpg

h-103_59452_4002.jpg.jpg

h-103_59452_405.jpg.jpg

h-103_59452_4004.jpg.jpg

h-103_59452_380.jpg.jpg

h-103_59452_3804.jpg.jpg

14011_n20060902_01_ds01.jpg

14011_n20060902_01_ds02.jpg

Zaptruder

Banned
What they're not telling us, is that the japanese version comes with a complementary dildo, or fleshlight, for rumble feedback purposes.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
What in the ****ing hell? **** a wii, nintendo just needs to change the DSL's colors every few months, and, instant profit!

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
yeah, but people are only buying DS lites because their launch ones broke!*

DS really does own Japan - the commutes to work are fantastic, its like every second person is playing DS. If this carries over to Wii then i think the japanese flag might replace the red sun with Marios ass.

GhaleonEB

puebla said:
jesus christ, does everybody in Japan own one? or two? or three?
Collect the colors! Pokemon trained them well. Gotta buy'em! Gotta buy'em ALL!

Seriously, these guys have to be buying multiple systems. I have a hard time believing there are giant throngs out there waiting for a new color before they dive in.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
DCharlie said:

DS really does own Japan - the commutes to work are fantastic, its like every second person is playing DS. If this carries over to Wii then i think the japanese flag might replace the red sun with Marios ass.

:lol

cvxfreak

GhaleonEB said:

Seriously, these guys have to be buying multiple systems. I have a hard time believing there are giant throngs out there waiting for a new color before they dive in.

New colors happen to be when the stock is best available.

WalkMan

Banned
You can't keep this up forever Nintendo! Eventually you're going to reach Japan's population limit, THEN what are you going to do?

jax (old)

Banned
DCharlie said:

you need to take a photo (with a cameraphone maybe).

:)

Impressive news.

DCharlie

You can't keep this up forever Nintendo! Eventually you're going to reach Japan's population limit, THEN what are you going to do?

release a pink version of Japan?

PolyGone

Banned
GhaleonEB said:

the ds has sold what, around 6 million DSes in Japan? To put things in perspective, Japan's population is estimated at around 128 million people - therefore I doubt people are buying multiple systems.

DCharlie

the ds has sold what, around 6 million DSes in Japan? To put things in perspective, Japan's population is estimated at around 128 million people - therefore I doubt people are buying multiple systems.

no idea what the numbers are, but i thought there was an article out saying 1 in 10 people in japan owned a DS?

ethelred

PolyGone said:

It's sold over 10. Fastest system ever to reach that benchmark.

cvxfreak

PolyGone said:

10.4 million actually. PS2 sold 19.7 Million and GBA sold about 15 Million in comparison.

llTll

Banned
DCharlie said:

:lol :lol :lol

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
PolyGone said:

More like 10 million. And increasing at more than a half million a month.

Brofist

PolyGone said:

look at those people in line, they don't exactly scream new DS owner to me. I bet 50%+ of that line has either a DS fat or another color lite already

Brofist

Kuroyume said:
They line up for anything.

except for MS gaming products. Well even then they probably formed like an antiXbox line away from the stores to show who wont be buying one.

ziran

seeing nintendo's strategy play out has been a thing of beauty, it's awe-inspiring! :)

every single step of the way nintendo has been right on the money, except i doubt even they expected such demand.

the way they launched the console for the hardcore then introduced new, simple, broad appeal games to draw in new gamers, then slowly weened them onto the next step and the next, is the way you expand a market and also draw those people in who stopped playing. not ridiculous convergence strategies which don't address the reason why people aren't playing games in the first place, i.e. the actual games.

still, the funniest thing is nintendo has been so open about their strategy, explaining it at every opportunity. though, their real might is in the fact they're probably the only developer who could actually create these games, in the sense they have this uncanny ability to know what millions of people will enjoy playing time and time again.

hat's off, well done. let's see what you can do with wii :D

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
kpop100 said:
look at those people in line, they don't exactly scream new DS owner to me. I bet 50%+ of that line has either a DS fat or another color lite already
14011_n20060902_01_ds01.jpg

There's only 1 person in this picture without a DS
clue: his arms are crossed

ZeoVGM

Banned
so wait, the black DSL came out in Japan today?

i thought it was launching alongside winning eleven or something

ziran

kpop100 said:
i'm not sure what you're point is, regardless, i don't think it matters the way the ds sw is selling.

even if people are buying a new colour the sw sales indicate their old ones are still active, probably given/sold to family or friends.

ZeoVGM

Banned
kpop100 said:

well, at least they're not buying a second or third one because it keeps breaking

;)

Nicktals

Banned
Insane.

Seriously. As soon as DS sales taper off in 3 more years they announce the DS Advance. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Top Bottom