• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I used to think the term "Juggalo" meant "Gay"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so bare with me... it was right about the second month that the PS3 was out. I was playing Rainbow Six
Vegas online when I started chatting it up with some lad from Michigan. We were talking about our previous games and how we were doing that night, when he tells me "well, I've had a rough night because people know I'm a Juggalo and keep making fun of me for it." At first I just go with the flow and respond "oh, that's messed up." I had no idea what Juggalo meant, but I wanted to make my new pal feel better. Soon, curiosity gets the best of me and I finally, nonchalantly, ask "what's a Juggalo, again? It's slipping my mind. I can't really figure out why those guys would make fun of you"

He responds, "I'm a Juggalo because I like - " and then his mic cut out. I was like what?! you like what?! His mic cuts back in and he's like "I think it's a dumb reason to make fun of someone, but whatever. I can deal with it."

So for about a year and a half I thought anyone who was referred to as a Juggalo was gay. :lol :lol Don't ask me why that was the first thing I assumed...

A thread on here actually opened my eyes as to what a juggalo is [juggalo reunion thread or something like that. tits for a dollar, i think?] :D so now I know what juggalo means, but I'll never forget what I thought it meant, haha.

What misconceptions did you have, Gaffers?

As a kid my brother told me Democrats loved black people and Republicans were all old racist white guys.
I believed this for years.

Salazar

You meant gigolo - which, while it does not denote or connote homosexuality, does refer to one who fucks a great deal.

I thought awry was pronounced to rhyme with gory.

ToxicAdam

That french kissing was sticking your tongue into someone's mouth and doing really fast circles with it.

I want to apologize to all the girls in 6th grade that I traumatized.

When I was tiny, I thought the TV had cardboard cut-outs of people inside it that were moved about by some system of gears and pulleys. One of my very earliest memories. I used to marvel at how realistic they were.

Salazar said:
You meant gigolo - which, while it does not denote or connote homosexuality, does refer to one who fucks a great deal.

I thought awry was pronounced to rhyme with gory.
No, I knew what a gigolo was. I had seen the movie by that time. The mic cut outs and how sad the kid sounded... idk. It all just came together like the perfect storm. :lol

Rubenov

Thanks to my dad, I used to think Cuba was the only remaining communist country in the world :/

He really hated Castro.

Jay Sosa

You do know how to use google, do you? (it's a search engine and not another word for gay in case you didn't know)

Zissou

When I was a kid, I thought the past was ACTUALLY black and white, as a result of occasionally seeing old TV shows and movies. I was pretty stupid.

I still don't know what Juggalo means.

Jay Sosa said:
You do know how to use google, do you? (it's a search engine and not another word for gay in case you didn't know)

Ahh, apparently Juggalos are fans of the Insane Clown Posse. I hope I never meet a Juggalo in real life.

Salazar said:

A gigolo is a male prostitute.

But it's ok after all this is a thread about misconceptions :lol

RustyO

BothBarsOn said:
When I was tiny, I thought the TV had cardboard cut-outs of people inside it that were moved about by some system of gears and pulleys. One of my very earliest memories. I used to marvel at how realistic they were.

:lol Awesome

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Kurtofan said:
Why do ICP fans have a special nickname?What's so special about this band?
because they're special.

Salazar

Kurtofan said:
Why do ICP fans have a special nickname?What's so special about this band?

They mean to disguise the fact that they are the festering, genetically degraded sediment of humanity - having sunk to that position - by acting like they always meant to be that way.

Jay Sosa

Trent Strong said:
I still don't know what Juggalo means.

Ahh, apparently Juggalos are fans of the Insane Clown Posse. I hope I never meet a Juggalo in real life.

Unless you move to Michigan the chances are (thankfully, I may add) pretty slim.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Jay Sosa said:
Unless you move to Michigan the chances are (thankfully, I may add) pretty slim.

I saw some this past weekend in Chicago. They weren't wearing face paint, but they had the ICP shirts on.

And of course drunk jerks were asking them about magnets.

Shiv47

RJNavarrete said:
Ok, so bare with me...

We don't need to undress to discuss this, man. That said, in terms of misunderstandings, as a kid I would see people at football games holding up a "D" and a fence and think "What does "D gate" mean?

Zissou said:
When I was a kid, I thought the past was ACTUALLY black and white, as a result of occasionally seeing old TV shows and movies. I was pretty stupid.

holy SHIT I did this too! To some extent I still believe this but everyone says I'm crazy so I stay quiet

it must have been real cool to live in black and white ...

Zenith

Banned
My headteacher in infant school told us that you can't see the Earth turning because it's going so slowly. Stupid woman.

RedStep

Pinko Marx said:
As a kid my brother told me Democrats loved black people and Republicans were all old racist white guys.
I believed this for years.

But this thread is about beliefs that turn out to be false.

Jay Sosa said:

When I lived in Louisville they were everywhere. They seem to flock to malls and Wal-Marts... Both of which are rampant in Louisville.

shuri

Banned
This girl in highschool had, for some reasons, the meanings of orgy and riots mixed. She truely believed that when the news talked about 'Cops breaking down riots in Greece', it really meant that the cops were arresting hundreds of people having giant spectacles of public sex in front of people, people running around naked, etc.

She later explained that it came from when she was a kid; she was watching the news with her grandparents and some sex club had been closed down for hosting orgies and etc and when she asked them what it means, they said it was like 'riots'

Ahhh highschool.

Tenks said:
In second grade I was convinced dildo meant a real penis until my mom told me otherwise

so your mom told you what a dildo was but not to throw paper towels in the toilet?

at least she had priorities.

Gaborn

When my brother was really young he filled out some form or other and when it asked him "Sex" he marked N.
For no
. Seriously.

Jay Sosa

Seth C said:
I worked with one.

Also, you'll find several hanging around at...I'll leave this right here:

http://www.vampirefreaks.com

I saw some this past weekend in Chicago. They weren't wearing face paint, but they had the ICP shirts on.

When I lived in Louisville they were everywhere. They seem to flock to malls and Wal-Marts... Both of which are rampant in Louisville.

Seems I need to get out more. Impressive how such a shitty band can gather such a huge and loyal following.

ChiTownBuffalo said:

Did they know?

pnjtony

Zissou said:
2jg5c00.jpg

You're welcome

iamtheb

When I was a kid, I thought that the music playing in McDonald's came from bands hanging out in the attic. On top of this, it wasn't just one band up there all the time, but in fact many bands just biding their time until it was their turn to perform. :lol

iamtheb said:
When I was a kid, I thought that the music playing in McDonald's came from bands hanging out in the attic. On top of this, it wasn't just one band up there all the time, but in fact many bands just biding their time until it was their turn to perform. :lol

thats pretty magical.

When I was a kid my older brother told me that prostitutes were crazy women that would force you to have sex with them, and if you didn't they'd kill you but if you did they'd kill you as well. I believed him, of course.

When I was a kid I once found a balloon outside in the grass. I brought it to my mom and she made me wash my face and hands immediately. :lol

It was a condom. I have mentally blocked out if I blew on it or not.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
crowphoenix said:
Did they know?

Nope. The girl Juggalette yelled "Fuck science" and hocked a loogie.

Sometime in elementary school I wrote in a report that Abraham Lincoln signed the Constitution. Fortunately my dad proof-read it but he still made fun of me for years about it.

Also when I was really little, even after I found out Santa Claus wasn't real, I still thought reindeer could fly. =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom