• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Fox Zero delayed to July 2016?

SalvaPot

Making a thread since this might be interesting and deserves more exposure:

Apparently, French retailers are now listing the game for a 7/15 realease.

Source

untitled-ME3050618001_1.jpg

We still don't know if this means Europe is getting a delay or the game itself is getting further delayed, but if its given a few more months for development that can only be a good thing, since its co-developed with Platinum Games and those guys can do wonders with extra polish time, and its a top priority for them judging by this image shared by them:

Its weird for a Nintendo game other than Mario/Zelda to get constant delays, so it seems that Nintendo is giving this game the top treatment. Also Miyamoto is working directly on it, so this may be his chance to prove he still got it, the new trailers and screenshots make the game look much better too compared to the E3 showing.

Delay it to summer for more polish and a better Wii U release schedule and throw Pokken Tournament in Star Fox's old April slot.

McDougles

First off, European online retailer changing dates =/= confirmation of anything.

Second, if it is true, hopefully it's because they needed a full year to get rid of those damn gyroscopic controls.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Delay it as long as it takes to give it a multiplayer mode.

I feel like more and more companies are being hired to help finish the game. But unfortunately no multiplayer mode. Such a mistake by Miyamoto to cut that from the budget.

bman94

Damn, they are trying real hard to not fuck up Star Fox. This'll be the second delay right? At least they still believe in the series and didn't send it off to die like the Mario Tennis game for Wii U.

JayEH

Would wait for word from Nintendo or more retailers changing their date before getting worked up.

Neiteio

A summer release (Q3) is fine by me. Between Bayonetta in Smash, Fire Emblem Fates, Dark Souls 3 and finishing up Xenoblade Chronicles X, not sure I'd find time for it sooner. Might as well polish to perfection (and add a multiplayer mode).

Tirod

Gotta pad out that release schedule.

Looking forward to the game, but bummed that an HD remaster is their big game for Q1/2 (if this listing is valid/across more territories).

Whatever the case, the latest trailer showed significant visual upgrades from the trash we saw at E3. If another delay is true, it can only be a good thing. I'm hyped either way.

It couldn't hurt, only make some Wii U owners antsy. It's not like 2016 has many releases anyway.

EDIT:Ugh I keep doing that. It's 2016, man.

would not hurt to be delayed for NX

have no desire for this but it would get me to buy at a new hardware launch

I'm a sucker for launch titles just to get used to a new platform

BiggNife

If this is the case I'm actually okay with it

I don't want this game to be a rushed mess. I'd much rather they take as long as they need. The latest Direct footage showed that it's definitely improved since the lukewarm first showing. This could be the last Starfox game if it doesn't sell and I really don't want that to happen.

Seems like this game is troubled. Nintendo are nuts for not giving it multiplayer. This is supposed to be a relatively short campaign, like the older games too, correct?

Don't get me wrong. I'm absolutely down for more classic Star Fox. I loved Assault even. I just don't have any hopes for this pulling any big numbers. And when it bombs, I pity the fate of the franchise.

leroidys

I'm totally OK with this. I'm glad they're taking its development seriously. This could be the first time a Nintendo system has ever received a top flight Zelda and Starfox in the same year (not counting the 3DS ports).

SalvaPot

Seems like this game is troubled. Nintendo are nuts for not giving it multiplayer. This is supposed to be a relatively short campaign, like the older games too, correct?

Don't get me wrong. I'm absolutely down for more classic Star Fox. I loved Assault even. I just don't have any hopes for this pulling any big numbers. And when it bombs, I pity the fate of the franchise.

I believe this is the kind of game that with strong reviews will get a decent number of sales, even in a dying console like the Wii U. I doubt it will sell consoles but it will definitely sell to its audience. If it does Xenoblade X numbers I think it can be considered a success.

Scalebound is at the top as well, and that was pushed to 2017.

Just sayin'.
That is because they had to free resources to dedicate them to Star Fox Zero ;)

djlr181

Know what game also got delayed this much? OCARINA OF TIME!!!

Seriously, I'm fine with them taking more time. At this point, an April vs July release isn't a big deal. Maybe Twilight Princess HD will also get a slight delay?

We are in 2016 already :)

Right! Right right right. *Smacks head*

I get this feeling that NX won't be backwards compatible in the traditional sense but will be able to play emulated Wii U titles OR NX games will somehow not be out of reach for Wii U owners (via SCD?). In either case I don't see them futher delaying and "porting" to NX. They'll aim to make this as polished as possible for Wii U.

RK128

Considering Pokken is likely releasing around the time Star Fox Zero was going to launch, it being pushed to July is a good move, as it ensures Nintendo has something for the Wii U every month/every other month:
-Zelda TP HD: Feb 2016
-Smash DLC Release: Feb 2016
-Pokken: April 2016
-Mario & Sonic: June 2016
-Star Fox Zero: July 2016
-#FE: August/September 2016 (NA/EU Launch)
-Zelda U: November 2016 (Cross-Gen Game with Wii U & NX)

Hopefully this delay adds in more graphical polish, more content and hopefully some form of Multiplayer (local or online).

Edit: Looking at that list, it really seems March/May will be the only months without a major Wii U release, so if Nintendo works something out for that month, the droughts for Wii U owners this year will be minimal.

It looked like a basic on rails game from the 90s with really bad graphics. Delay it as long as you need to. Or sell it for $19.99.

Always remember the legendary phrase "A delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is bad forever."
It's totally okay if they habe to delay it again. Sad, but okay. As long as it is good. Can't wait for my P* developed StarFox game full of awesomeness <3

Top Bottom