• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

My OLED Vita's batteries last around 3-4 hours with sound/brightness cranked up almost to maximum.

So glad to see Windjammers getting a physical release, I passed on grabbing that today on the PSN store and that seems like a blessing in disguise!

18-Volt

Wonder what's next for Code Mystics? I think it's time for a KOF game for Vita. I want a more recent title, as all KOF games are available on Vita up to '99. Maybe KOF 2003? Or better yet KOF 11 or 12? I can only wish.

Plus what was rumored as PQube's next localization? They are localizing something, right? What could it be?

This is why you only buy physical. ;)

Even then it can fill up pretty fast depending on patches and DLC. I almost exclusively buy physical. But a few months ago, the first time I decide to buy a game on PSN and I suddenly discover that my card is almost full already.

Of course, I'm still using the 8GB card that came with my Vita and Senran Kagura EV and its patches ate up like 2 to 3GB all by itself. But still.

Guess I'll have to upgrade some time. 16GB for fifty bucks, though... I could also get 128GB for that amount of money if Sony allowed the Vita to eat regular micro SD cards.

My OLED Vita's batteries last around 3-4 hours with sound/brightness cranked up almost to maximum.

Hmm. I have brightness almost max and sound about 40%. Seems like the battery is going then and I probably should replace it. Thanks!

Wonder what's next for Code Mystics? I think it's time for a KOF game for Vita. I want a more recent title, as all KOF games are available on Vita up to '99. Maybe KOF 2003? Or better yet KOF 11 or 12? I can only wish.

I'd love a KoF game. I think the issue is that everything so far is a port from Neo Geo, and the Neo Geo KoF games have all been surpassed by updated versions. So '98 and '02 (which I think are regarded as the best ones) both got UM versions which add a load of extra content, which makes the vanilla Neo Geo releases a bit redundant.

Also, none of the KoF games are available in Europe, so I'd be happy with any that got added to the store.

mollipen

If we get anything but '98 (or consolation prize '02) from them, then I'm totally done with their efforts.

Jimrpg

My metallic red Vita slim finally arrived today. Here it is next to my blue slim I bought earlier this year. I still need to sell my OLED.

Iwm79lM.jpg

I'd take absolutely any KOF game on the Vita. Heck, even R2 from the Neo Geo Pocket Colour would be an ace game to have. But I'd love either '02 or '98 since both are my favourites from the series.

Jimrpg

So do I want Toukiden Kiwami? Or is regualar toukiden good enough? Like i need another hunting game not to play...

I would have thought Toukiden 2 would have been the better buy.

Otherwise Toukiden Kiwami has all the content from the original Toukiden plus more.

I'd take absolutely any KOF game on the Vita. Heck, even R2 from the Neo Geo Pocket Colour would be an ace game to have. But I'd love either '02 or '98 since both are my favourites from the series.

I've been asking Gio for ages about this, he doesn't seem as attuned to #VitaIsland tweets as he used to be though.

Last time, he did a poll on Twitter asking what game people wanted next. SamSho V Special won the poll but Windjammers was absolutely blasted in the comments, and we got that too.

I hope he does another but I'm wondering if it's too late in the day now.

maouvin

So do I want Toukiden Kiwami? Or is regualar toukiden good enough? Like i need another hunting game not to play...

Get Kiwami, no reason to grab Age of Demons. The extra content and improvements they made (specially for the AI) are worth it. Online is probably dead though (but you can play with AI so w/e).

Or you could get Toukiden 2, of course. Performance is not as bad as people say (but the game is uglier than AoD/Kiwami). There's a f2p version to try out.

I'm looking for my next vita game. I'd like some quick & easy stuff because I have Utawarerumono, Ys VIII, Ys Origin and Danganronpa 3 coming :p

I'm looking at my ps+ library and I might go for Hatoful boyfriend. Any thought on this game?

autoduelist

Get Kiwami, no reason to grab Age of Demons. The extra content and improvements they made (specially for the AI) are worth it. Online is probably dead though (but you can play with AI so w/e).

Or you could get Toukiden 2, of course. Performance is not as bad as people say (but the game is uglier than AoD/Kiwami). There's a f2p version to try out.

Well, I figure if I end up liking it I should play the first one first so i have another to play? I played the pre-release demo ages ago and enjoyed it, just never got around to buying it. But i'm buried in hunter games i need to finish on vita.

maouvin

Well, I figure if I end up liking it I should play the first one first so i have another to play? I played the pre-release demo ages ago and enjoyed it, just never got around to buying it. But i'm buried in hunter games i need to finish on vita.

Fair enough. Still, unless the difference in price is reeeeally a factor, go with Toukiden Kiwami - as said, it's the expanded version with AoD's content, new content and a bunch of other improvements.

Then maybe by the time you get through your hunting games Toukiden 2 Kiwami is out :p

Random question but for PS1 games on the Vita (like the Final Fantasies and Symphony of the Night), is there a way to make it "full screen"? The tiny box format is frustrating.

autoduelist

Oh, yeah, I meant why I was going to start with Kiwami before going to 2. I woudn't need to play normal then Kiwami.

Hold PS button and choose from the options.

Lots of other cool options in there too! Disc load speed helps greatly with some games! And switching controls to the analog stick works really well with some games. heck, switching controls around in general is nice.

Olengie

I was going to say something about Gaijinworks being similar to Sekai Project, but while Gaijinworks may take years, the company does manage to release the games.

At least Gaijinworks released their stuff. We're still waiting on Sekai Project to fulfill at least one of their promised games on Vita

I was going to say something about Gaijinworks being similar to Sekai Project, but while Gaijinworks may take years, the company does manage to release the games.
That's true. And a good chunk of the delay this time seems to be Sony dragging their feet getting it through all their checks.

So like
Himanshu:
Nathan I would like to inform you that the order has been stuck and today was the delivery date for it. It will be cancelled automatically and your card won't be charged for that. For inconvenience I will waive off your shipping charges for next same delivery!
...First guy said it just needed to transfer warehouses and was now ready to be shipped. Now this guy is saying it's going to be cancelled cuz of the Natural Calamities aka the hurricanes.

.......Should I just go down to GameStop or wherever and buy a fucking Vita?

Checked with yet another rep. So it just got delayed to tomorrow apparently and is not being cancelled.

This is fine because GameStop seems to only have used and refurbished black Vitas.

Jimrpg

So like

...First guy said it just needed to transfer warehouses and was now ready to be shipped. Now this guy is saying it's going to be cancelled cuz of the Natural Calamities aka the hurricanes.

.......Should I just go down to GameStop or wherever and buy a fucking Vita?

Bro that's like two days? I waited two and a half weeks from Nippon Yasan and I don't think Japan had any hurricanes.

Bro that's like two days? I waited two and a half weeks from Nippon Yasan and I don't think Japan had any hurricanes.
See I just wanted to see if it was delayed a day but that rep said my order was stuck in transit and they were going to cancel my order.

Nah it was just delayed a day after all, which is annoying (Today and tomorrow are my days off this week) but not *too* bad and way better than my shit getting canncelled without even asking if I just wanted the money I paid for one-day shipping refunded.

Jimrpg

See I just wanted to see if it was delayed a day but that rep said my order was stuck in transit and they were going to cancel my order.

Nah it was just delayed a day after all, which is annoying (Today and tomorrow are my days off this week) but not *too* bad and way better than my shit getting canncelled without even asking if I just wanted the money I paid for one-day shipping refunded.

Cool I hope you get it soon. Aqua Blue rocks! As someone who gets everything delivered - yeah delivery always misses my days off. That's just how it works! 😆

Cool I hope you get it soon. Aqua Blue rocks! As someone who gets everything delivered - yeah delivery always misses my days off. That's just how it works! 😆
It's still "Preparing for Shipment" and yet I have it on my lap right now... Amazon PLS. It's sexy as hell though and I thought it would be some shitty TN yellow-ass screen from the way people talked about the 2K.

Now I'm just waiting for my Cyber Sleuth to download. I have this memory card set up for my JP account, I plan to get a bigger one for English stuff in a few weeks.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
It's still "Preparing for Shipment" and yet I have it on my lap right now... Amazon PLS. It's sexy as hell though and I thought it would be some shitty TN yellow-ass screen from the way people talked about the 2K.

Now I'm just waiting for my Cyber Sleuth to download. I have this memory card set up for my JP account, I plan to get a bigger one for English stuff in a few weeks.

Nah, the screen is really great, and more accurate than the OLED.

Top Bottom