• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top Gear New Series |OT| No Longer Starring Chris Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty

Banned
Top_Gear_reveals_full__Magnificent_Seven__line_up_for_new_series.jpg

Sundays on BBC at 8pm GMT.

Airing now.

The films are good.

The studio sections were always the weakest bit but eeeeeeeeeesh is it bad now.

You can tell they really don't have a dynamic.

Carl

Lots of audience participation. New SIARPC is weird. Chris Evans is horrendous as he is in everything

MilkyJoe

I can't believe the copied Clarkson's "what's coming up" thing... I really thought they would change format...

PS u just started it 36 minutes late, but right now it looks like they have left it the same. Groan...

LoveCake

667ZYvy.gif

I loved the Top Gear with Jezza, May and Hamster (I am old enough to remember the very original shows when Jezza started on the show).

I will admit to getting hyped to hate on this, but I am sorry, there is no need for me to lie, it's desperately poor, nobody seems to want to be there, everything is too forced and too scripted, I know Jezza, May and Hamster were scripted but you wouldn't know it.

So far:

Films are still lots of fun- camerawork's as good as ever, LeBlanc's got a nice dryness to him... Working well.

Studio bits need a rethink- the layout's not as good, there's too much empty space, both Evans and LeBlanc need to work on their style and dynamic, the scripting' pretty obvious... It's pretty flat, honestly. I like the rally cross guest format, though- Evans isn't as natural at the interview as Clarkson, and neither Ramsey nor Eisenburg seemed quite sure why they were there, but it was at least more visually entertaining, and it could be a laugh with the right guests.

The good part is that they've got the difficult bits down, and they've got the flexibility to change the studio as is necessary.

Carl

Matt Leblanc isn't terrible but he sounds rather bored

Maybe that's just his voice. I've never seen him in anything

Beefy

So far:

Films are still lots of fun- camerawork's as good as ever, LeBlanc's got a nice dryness to him... Working well.

Studio bits need a rethink- the layout's not as good, there's too much empty space, both Evans and LeBlanc need to work on their style and dynamic, the scripting' pretty obvious... It's pretty flat, honestly. I like the rally cross guest format, though- Evans isn't as natural at the interview as Clarkson, and neither Ramsey nor Eisenburg seemed quite sure why they were there, but it was at least more visually entertaining, and it could be a laugh with the right guests.

The good part is that they've got the difficult bits down, and they've got the flexibility to change the studio as is necessary.

The series has been filmed already right?

This Ariel test is pretty great.
The series has been filmed already right?
They film all the films in advance, and film all the studio stuff a week in advance, if they've kept the schedule the same.

I'd be astonished if they didn't do the same here- they'd want room to alter it as is necessary.

thenexus6

Its the exact same template but no chemistry or flair. Nothing new.

I really don't mind Matt LeBlanc, the script he's having to read is kinda terrible though. Chris is just all types of terrible though.

Hoo-doo

Banned
These guys will need a few episodes to really get their bearings. Wouldn't write them off right away.

The old BBC crew's shtick got extremely tired, so i'm looking forward to a new cast for a bit.

These guys will need a few episodes to really get their bearings. Wouldn't write them off right away.

The old BBC crew's shtick got extremely tired, so i'm looking forward to a new cast for a bit.

Chances are it's already game over, though. It'll be a critical mauling in the papers tomorrow and then ratings'll crash, and that'll be that. Sad really. (Though Evans is still a knob, so ho hum)

Beefy

Evans voice can't be changed can it?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Chris Evans is trying too hard to be Clarkson and Matt sounds like he's reading scripts he's just been handed but it's nothing they can t fix. That last feature with the paparazzi was good.

Kathian

Banned
This seems good. Matt is not used to presenting. It'll improve. Chris is over excitable it just needs Matt getting confident to cut him back.

Honestly not as bad as some people were predicting.

The German woman was funny and made me laugh, Matt is also pretty funny even if he sounds bored sometimes, could just be his accent though. I could take or leave Chris Evens tbh, he's not that good at being a main presenter.

Camerawork is on point and better than ever.

I'm seeing everyone look at this new series with a much more critical eye than anyone ever took on the old style. Imo seems fairly fresh so far though they need to stop mentioning how it's all new yadda yadda and just get on with it. Evans isn't as bad as I thought he'd be.

Unconfirmed Member
Evans is insufferable. Matt Le Blanc is really good,the section he did on is own was just as good as anything on old Top Gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom