• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Boy Micro <3 Thread

alex1893

well, just fell for it on amazon.co.uk and ordered it for about 40€ incl. shipping.

Watching out for Minish Cap and the Metroid and Castlevania stuff... any other recommendations?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
alex1893 said:
Watching out for Minish Cap and the Metroid and Castlevania stuff... any other recommendations?

Astro Boy
Mario & Luigi: SuperStar Saga
Ninja Five-O (if you can find it)

i have had my gameboy micro in my pocket just about every day since getting one from muckhole.

i love this thing.

also, get Drill Dozer! it's only $10 new.

Haruspex

Banned
Never got an SP so I eventually got tired of standing next to lighthouses in order to see my original GBA screen and bought a Micro. High quality indeed, lovely screen. Shame about the lack of GC connectivity and the specific wireless adaptors... and the lack of faceplates in Europe.

Still there is something satisfying about playing the BitGenerations games on a Micro.

robot

Always bring this on trips, just in case (famicom edition). Was playing a ton of Zero Mission on the bus ride home this past weekend - gba games looks so awesome on that little screen. Thanks to this my NES edition SP has been collecting dust for over a year.

I wish they had released this before the ds came out so that it could have gotten the love that it deserves...

GBM is probably my favorite handheld of all time.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I can't believe I just found this topic. Anyway, I herd you guyz like GB Micros:

a3h5wy.jpg

Another angle:

2epq06a.jpg
\

Mega Man approves:

20714eb.jpg

I usually don't leave the house without this thing in my pocket. It's my favorite handheld ever.

I've been looking for one of these, but they're nearly impossible to find off-line. A few questions:

1) Is the back-lit screen as bright as the DS?

2) Does it play GB/GBC games?

3) Any suggestions as to where I can find one?

womp

TheGrayGhost said:
I've been looking for one of these, but they're nearly impossible to find off-line. A few questions:

1) Is the back-lit screen as bright as the DS?

2) Does it play GB/GBC games?

3) Any suggestions as to where I can find one?

1. No

2. No

3. EBay is your best bet

Ainaurdur

This thread was out to get me, I made the mistake of glancing through it.

And it won.

Now I just gotta wait for my new Blue Micro to arrive...
2isyyvn.jpg

alex1893

it arrived...

2r3zi14.jpg

e8vmkw.jpg

<3 <3

Thanks for the recommendations so far, especially Ninja Five-O looks very interesting (and rare though).

Picked up the Castlevania Double Pack for 10 bucks. Only thing I need now is a Euro AC adapter, the UK plug won't quite fit here in Germany. :lol

Ugh, the black body/silver faceplate looks SO MUCH better than the silver body/black faceplate. If anyone disagrees and wants to make a trade, let me know. :D

v0yce

blame space said:
Ugh, the black body/silver faceplate looks SO MUCH better than the silver body/black faceplate. If anyone disagrees and wants to make a trade, let me know. :D

I've got my black body with a black faceplate. Looks great.

All my handhelds are black (PSP, Micro, DS, iPhone, iPod) and its a guilty pleasure lining them up and oogling them all together.

The GBA Micor is indeed a great system.

I have a Black on Silver Micro and I'm gonna be picking up a Famicom Edition (To keep sealed as a collectible) from Play-Asia as soon as I can find a coupon code.

Anyone know where to find faceplates?

BitchTits

RaidenZR said:
My Game Boy Micro and case!

gbm_01.jpg

gbm_02.jpg

gbm_03.jpg
WTF! That is a beautiful thing.

This is most handsome case I have ever seen. Where can I get one?

RaidenZR said:
I got it from Play-Asia. It's a Denim Pouch by Keys Factory. NCSX also sold it for a while, but it should still be available somewhere on the net (was in three colors also). It's slimmer than it looks though it does add a bit of external bulk to the GBm. I use it for general safe keeping, but sometimes I slip my micro into the black pouch it came with when I want to tuck it in my coat pockets.

But the case, I recommend if you're in the market for one.
Sold out everywhere :( It's damn nice though.

The Famicom ones look really nice, but the black body with a silver face plate is also very nice - Decisions, decisions.

Also what's the consensus on the best flashcart for the GBM - Is there one that sits flush and takes some sort of Micro SD card? I'm thinking exclusively for emulation, not interested in using it for movies.

Sagitario

I know this is a thread about the micro, but... how hard to find is the SP [I'm talking about the backlit version? What's the price?

BitchTits said:
WTF! That is a beautiful thing.

This is most handsome case I have ever seen. Where can I get one?

Sold out everywhere :( It's damn nice though.

The Famicom ones look really nice, but the black body with a silver face plate is also very nice - Decisions, decisions.

Also what's the consensus on the best flashcart for the GBM - Is there one that sits flush and takes some sort of Micro SD card? I'm thinking exclusively for emulation, not interested in using it for movies.

If I knew that this was anything close I'd pick it up, but at $14.90 I'm afraid to get it and be disappointed.

Spectral

Banned
Whats up with you people and playing games in public?I do it all the time when I'm commuting to work, be it my DS Lite(Ouendan 2, The World Ends With You or Advance Wars: DoR) or my PSP(Lumines, [LTTP]Crisis Core, Wipeout Pulse just to name a few) on the train to work.They're great time wasters and I'd rather be looking at a game screen instead of listening to music looking at other people.

Flock

blame space said:

want to trade my silver faceplate for your black one?

PM ME!

Edit: infact if anyone has a black faceplate they would be willing to sell, i'd fuckingggg LOVE one.

I want an all black micro!

Spectral

Banned
Oh and on topic with thread: I had the Famicom one. But I sold it(times were tough) but I enjoyed it much so. FFVI and SMB3 on that thing was AMAZING. Do yourself a favor and try WarioWare Twisted on a Micro. You will not regret it. :D

Spectral said:
Oh and on topic with thread: I had the Famicom one. But I sold it(times were tough) but I enjoyed it much so. FFVI and SMB3 on that thing was AMAZING. Do yourself a favor and try WarioWare Twisted on a Micro. You will not regret it. :D

So true. I just got done with a long WW:T session. It feels so right (unless it's in your pocket).

You guys are jerks this makes me want to pick up one of these now. Totally not in the budget but I can see this being a huge bitch system as I've been treating my DS lite nicely and my GBA I treated terribly :D. Never owned an SP but damn if the game sits flush I've got a ton of GBA games worth playing again.

I liked the green with green camo faceplate. Otherwise Black w/ white faceplate.

The GBA Micro is a brilliant idea, but it was way too late. By the time it came out, everyone was playing their DS with B.C. Also, the giant GBA cart made it hard to design a true "Micro" handheld.

I don't have enough money to spare on this. But if they come out with a DS micro, I'll be all over it.

Zoc

Well, based on this thread, I just bought a Famicom edition. It's awesome, but I don't know what I'll do with it, really. I only have a couple of GBA games, and I've already played them to death on the DS.

I hope they release a new DS with no GBA, to justify this purchase.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
So, does anybody know a website I can order the Pink Micro and have it shipped to the US?

One that isn't charging an arm and a leg, preferably, since Amazon has it for £25.

Flock

i <3 my micro, actually got it at launch.

still, always searching for a black faceplate.... always.... searching.

350a0ef.jpg

I ordered my micro from lik-sang btw.... my how i miss them.

Cuu

This thread makes me want a micro. I've wanted one for a while, just could never justify dropping $50 on one when I've got a DS.

If I can find one at a garage sale, craigslist, or somewhere super cheap, I'd definitely consider it though.

Flock said:
i <3 my micro, actually got it at launch.

still, always searching for a black faceplate.... always.... searching.

350a0ef.jpg

I ordered my micro from lik-sang btw.... my how i miss them.

Check Nintendo's online store. They still sell some Micro accessories.

plik

womp said:
1. No

2. No

3. EBay is your best bet

so how does the screen brightness compare to the SP and vs DS? i am interested in picking up a Micro as well, but since i have both an SP and a DS Lite. i'll only do it if the screen is nice and bright.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
plik said:
so how does the screen brightness compare to the SP and vs DS? i am interested in picking up a Micro as well, but since i have both an SP and a DS Lite. i'll only do it if the screen is nice and bright.
If I recall, it should be the same as the Lite, maybe the Lite's Level 3 brightness at least.

Top Bottom