• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cross-game chat for PS3 falsely advertised on PlayStation Store

Andrefpvs

Just when you thought the horse was dead...

I bought a 1-year PlayStation Plus card at the discounted price today. When I went to activate it, I saw this:

AUAty.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AUAty.jpg

Conversação de Voz entre Jogos: convida os teus amigos para conversas online, independentemente do jogo que estiverem a jogar e mesmo que não sejam membros do PlayStation®Plus.

Translated:
Cross-game Voice Chat: invite your friends to chat online no matter what game you're all playing and even if they aren't members of PlayStation®Plus.

I know of the removed website entry in 2010. Well, it's 2012 now and the feature is still not there. This definitely counts as false advertising, so what gives, Sony?

Your 1-year PS+ card came in a blu-ray case? Nice.

Anyway, I bet they plan on implementing this feature some day... but this is kind of ridiculous

8byte

Banned
It's an oversight by SCEE, who cares. We know it's not coming. Isn't it high time we just got over it?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Spanish users should collectively ask for a refund due to false advertising.

Let them pay.

The_Monk

I just got another year and did not saw that, well spotted OP.

TTP: Booooo this man!

We should call them and ask a Tutorial how to do this since this was the reason I bought the PS Plus.

Sylver

Banned
Oh SCEE! I wonder if european Sony admins even have a PS3 because the number of mistakes is huge.
Seems SCEE employs supermarket cashiers and unqualified personal as Store managers this gen.

Liamario

Banned
At this stage in the console's life cycle, I wouldn't have thought it would matter too much to most people- even if it was announced.

KongRudi

Banned
So you just went ahead and posted the PS4-announcement?
I guess that means it's less than a year + whatever bonus months you got, a bit more unaccurate than 66 days.. :p
I had hoped Sony would be able to atleast match the big WiiU-fanfare show - with a stream you could discover on Gametrailers - but a thread about cross-game chat on Neogaf ain't to bad either. :-/ Gotta save those marketing dollars.

Andrefpvs

You don't even need Plus for cross-game chat on Vita, it would make no sense to have it in a PlayStation Plus description if that was the case.

Top Bottom