• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
Sorry, but none of that really matters if people don't care about it. Album sales mean so little these days.
Your threshold for people "caring" is having a laundry list of sexual encounters that are sold off to tabloids for publicity, product tie-ins, internet feuds, white feminism, and a paid paparazzo on call to capture every staged carefree moment.

That's a necessity for people that lack attributes of talent. Others merely need to turn their microphones on and their music is single-handedly responsible for salvaging the industry's yearly finances.

There's a lot to be sorry for here, indeed.

vUTJV4K.gif

MANUELF

Banned
Sorry, but none of that really matters if people don't care about it. Album sales mean so little these days.

then no one cares for any non Adele or Taylor these days, being able to triple the next best selling album of the year means people do care a lot about her, also she broke every damn record with 25 and Hello

cory64

Mau ®;230102449 said:
I'm happy to stan Rihanna. A person that combines magnificent beauty with decent amount of talent!

Yes and she's effortlessly stayed in the game for 11 years now.

Some girls (not naming names!) are already showing signs of collapse before their 10 year anniversary.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Taylor winning with a terrible movie song for an even worse movie?
Good lord

Mau ®

Can't imagine a Katheryn performance making peopl excited to buy or stream a song but 2016/17 taught me to always be open to surprises.

Beyoncé is also performing, Katy will be completely overshadowed

Maybe she'll bring out Left Shark and chain it to the rhythm.

I'm sensitive to people calling anyone "over" for obvious reasons so I offer my wisdom (and counseling) to any Katy Perry success stan who needs some guidance through these uncertain times. 👀

EDIT: Oh and LMAO at anyone calling that song "political." The low bar

d

Pseudo-profound tripe fronting typical corporate pop trash. What a "political pop" icon. It's a political statement that's been sanitized for mass consumption to the point of being meaningless.

vUTJV4K.gif

It's the musical equivalent to Cecile Strong's drunk girl at a party character, honestly. A "wake up, sheeple" tea.

In other news, rumor has it that Lorde's next project is an uptempo dance album, so we'll probably get politically subversive dancepop for real soon.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It's not designed to make you feel that way, now, baby (oh no)
No, it's not designed to make you feel love
It's not designed to make you feel that way, now, baby (oh no)
Oh no, yeah
aa41b27a01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom