• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The I bought the DVD/Blu-ray/4k disc and don't want the digital code give away |OT|

Hm I tried redeeming 2 and 3 on my VUDU app and it wouldn't let me click on the bar to type in the title. I probably missed them both already, but any idea what happened? I've redeemed on the app successfully before.

I used the universal site, and it looks like they're only itunes codes.

Also the bottom two codes are both JPIII. World is the second code. No code for TLW.

I didn't grab any of them so they're still up for grabs.

In case anyone doesn't know, Fandango has a daily deal. 4 movies for 5$ apiece. Most are UV. The ones from yesterday are usually still on sale for at least part of today.

Here's today's link. Just update the date as needed.

https://www.fandangonow.com/list/daily-deals-20170804

And Vudu is having their weekend sales again:

4.99 movies:

https://www.vudu.com/movies/#uiList/68/0

9.99 Tv seasons:

https://www.vudu.com/movies/#uiList/68/1

Wow, I never knew that FandangoNow had daily deals. It just goes to show how poor their UI is.

Had a question. I've redeemed UV codes before, but I don't believe I ever created an account. Was going to start a Vudu account today, is there a way for me to access those previously redeemed UV codes?

Had a question. I've redeemed UV codes before, but I don't believe I ever created an account. Was going to start a Vudu account today, is there a way for me to access those previously redeemed UV codes?
If you didn't create an account might you have used a Google or Facebook log in?

rjinaz

I don't think it's possible to redeem a UV movie without creating an account somewhere, I think UV in particular is required. I'd try the forgot my password option on their website and maybe try some emails you might have used. myuv.com

Edit: If that doesn't work, unfortunately I think it is possible to redeem uv movies at particular studio websites like say Sony, Fox, and what have you. Usually they ask you to link your UV account but I don't think it's a requirement all the time so you may not have done it. Those movies might be harder to find because you'd have to remember what movies you may have redeemed and try and figure out your login for whichever studio site.

I never deal with studio sites any more I just redeem on VUDU, it's simpler. The only exception being that some times studio sites give away free movies which require you to create an account.

Here's Fox and Sony but there are more
http://www.foxdigitalhd.com/
https://www.sonypicturesstore.com/index.htm#/

BumRush

Creating an account is super quick so maybe you did it without really noticing? I did that and realized I had a couple of movies already redeemed.

ModBot said:
Instructions for The Dear Leader:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The Dear Leader, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadpool Digital HD Code -- MB-97BF9B75C333DBAC - Taken by Azure Dream

t1502168705z1.png

Not 100% sure it works, came in my Steelbook I bought long ago and I don't believe I ever redeemed it, sorry if it doesn't work!

EDIT: Go to FoxRedeem.com to redeem

Not 100% sure it works, came in my Steelbook I bought long ago and I don't believe I ever redeemed it, sorry if it doesn't work!

EDIT: Go to FoxRedeem.com to redeem

Wow, I'm not used to getting one these, thank you for putting it up as a raffle. And thank you very much for the movie! It even came with the extras when I redeemed it on Vudu, which is a nice bonus.

Here with an action movie care package! Enjoy all four Die Hard films in HD with one code, have at it!
oh yeah it also has some straight to DVD schlock set in Chernobyl included too

As usual, quote to reveal!

Die Hard 1-4 (and some other bullshit)

Redeem on FoxRedeem.com

Here with an action movie care package!
Enjoy all four Die Hard films in HD with one code, have at it!
oh yeah it also has some straight to DVD schlock set in Chernobyl included too

As usual, quote to reveal!

Die Hard 1-4 (and some other bullshit)

Thank you!

aristotle

So Vudu has a very small Disney sale:
https://www.vudu.com/movies/#uiList/70/1

and a one day sale, 2 seasons of tv for 9.99

https://www.vudu.com/movies/#choice/20901

and some one day only 10cent rentals.

https://www.vudu.com/movies/#uiList/70/0

They're doing a ton of 10 cent rentals lately and movies sales (pick 2 horror movies for 9.99). It's their 10th anniversary so everyone should check it often to see what new deals they have going on.

Their 10 cent rental deals are 1-day deals so there is a short window to rent the movies but you still have 30 days to watch them.

rjinaz

You can get 25% off of any movie or tv show, even those on sale, at VUDU.

You have to watch about 2 minutes of their "movies on us service" which is free. Just pick any free movie and watch it for 2 minutes. You should then see the reduce price before you confirm your purchase. For example, GOTG 2 UHD is about $18.

I am giving away 3 digital movies. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread.

ModBot Basics:

- Do not trade films you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim movies you have no interest in collecting or watching. Don't claim movies to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:

- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple movie on the list below. Send an individual PM for each movie you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any films not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
Free Fire -- MB-D8A9B7E3DD377422 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 16 entrants total.
Ghost In The Shell (2017) -- MB-26398A42252097D3 - Taken by PleaseDontBanMe. 28 entrants total.
Kong Skull Island -- MB-7497C96220EF17B0 - Taken by FloppyDelux. 34 entrants total.

t1502644575z1.png

BumRush

I am giving away 3 digital movies. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread.

ModBot Basics:

- Do not trade films you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim movies you have no interest in collecting or watching. Don't claim movies to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:

- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple movie on the list below. Send an individual PM for each movie you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any films not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thanks for doing this as always!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the giveaway! Been hoping to see the GitS movie.

I picked it up this week and just watched it last night. If you are able to enjoy adaptations and not focus on all the other stuff (controversy, story change, etc), I thought it was actually not bad at all!

Can any streaming sticks download Vudu movies or do I have to go up to a Fire TV/Shield TV?

I have a firestick and Vudu is not on it, nor can it be downloaded

I'm pretty sure every modern smart tv has Vudu built in though, and since we're on a gaming forum you probably own a XB1/PS4 and both of those have the VUDU app

Can any streaming sticks download Vudu movies or do I have to go up to a Fire TV/Shield TV?

From Wikipedia:

Vudu is also available within PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, iPad, Android TV, TiVo Roamio, Roku devices (such as Roku 2, Roku 3, Roku 4 and Roku Stick) and most smartphones via the Vudu app (Android and iOS) which also supports Chromecast use.

From Wikipedia:

Vudu is also available within PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, iPad, Android TV, TiVo Roamio, Roku devices (such as Roku 2, Roku 3, Roku 4 and Roku Stick) and most smartphones via the Vudu app (Android and iOS) which also supports Chromecast use.
Since fire stick is ruled out, can a Roku stick download UV movies, not the Vudu app itself, download movies from Vudu? Like to watch when the internet is shoddy.

Since fire stick is ruled out, can a Roku stick download UV movies, not the Vudu app itself, download movies from Vudu? Like to watch when the internet is shoddy.

Downloading movies in 2017 seems like an inconvenience. You'll constantly need more HDD space and since those sticks are closed boxes theres probably no solution for it.

As long as u have a 5ghz connection/25mbps or above you shouldn't have any issues with streaming.

Top Bottom