• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

1upsuper

The two times I tried SAL my packages got lost and had to pay EMS afterwards so never again.

Quick warning, if they sell out they'll be a bitch to find later. Falconzord might enter that territory soon. What are you after in particular?

I was just looking for one or two nice Power Rangers pieces to add to my collection for nostalgia purposes. That Chogokin is exactly what I'm looking for, but just too far out of my price range.

I was just looking for one or two nice Power Rangers pieces to add to my collection for nostalgia purposes. That Chogokin is exactly what I'm looking for, but just too far out of my price range.
if you can afford it, that thing is looking Boss! how about for 266 shipped? that's the best deal i could find. (i don't want to pay 300)

Well, I mean, they really can't estimate anything in terms of package size and weight until they have the item physically there.
Yeah that totally makes sense and I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining. It was more of a response to some of the posters who were saying to just compare the shipping charges and choose the cheapest one. I guess I never mentioned earlier that it was more for preorders.

NEO0MJ

Why not get the legacy version?

if you can afford it, that thing is looking Boss! how about for 266 shipped? that's the best deal i could find. (i don't want to pay 300)

Where did you find it for that price?

NEO0MJ

They're sold out, unfortunately. Already have my pre-order at AmiAmi, but this would have been $10 cheaper, and come in the US box. I'm paying for international shipping either way.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Wow, thats really big :D Eh, I think when the body part of the Fugger would be the size of an hand it would be fine, too :D In this size, I have no place for it to put it, but thanks anyway :D

EDIT: SOLD OUT

DX Chogokin - VF-31F Siegfried (Messer Ihlefeld Custom) "Macross Delta"(Pre-order) opened!

@ amiami go now! if you want one;
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-027032

mE2LkDu.jpg

1upsuper

Out of curiosity, are Macross transformations like Transformers transformations? Are they on par with like Masterpiece grade transformations? Or are you not really intended to transform them much if you want to keep them nice?

Out of curiosity, are Macross transformations like Transformers transformations? Are they on par with like Masterpiece grade transformations? Or are you not really intended to transform them much if you want to keep them nice?
Macross are better imo. especially this Vf-31 that has so many refined features building on the experience from their previous release VF-25 line up, which were a home run.

Very cool. Like I said a while ago, I don't know much about Macross but I like all these designs.
Since you're familiar with Transformers, some fun facts:
-the original G1 Jetfire is an actual Macross VF-1 that was rebranded by Hasbro for Transformers. the Vf-1/Jetfire was created by Macross Mechanical designer/director: Shoji Kawamori
-Shoji Kawamori also created the original G1 Optimus Prime and many of the original transformers. (he's like a god in japan)
-For MP Transformers line, Takara asked Shoji Kawamori to design MP-03 Starscream. the interview was translated on Seibertron.com if you're interested in quick read =)

these VF-31 were his latest design and probably the best one since the VF-1.
if you ever want to dip into a Macross, i would start with the iconic VF-1 toy that you initially commented on. not sure your budget range, but it's going to be priced around 160ish plus shipping if you get in the early pre-orders coming out in a few weeks.

EDIT:
VF-31F Messer Super Parts just announced:
as usual it's a P-Bandai web shop exclusive:
pre-orders open: April 21, most likely i'll get it from Nippon Yasan or biginjapan:
EDIT2: up on Nippon Yasan

bN9AcFM.jpg

1upsuper

Since you're familiar with Transformers, some fun facts:
-the original G1 Jetfire is an actual Macross VF-1 that was rebranded by Hasbro for Transformers. the Vf-1/Jetfire was created by Macross Mechanical designer/director: Shoji Kawamori
-Shoji Kawamori also created the original G1 Optimus Prime and many of the original transformers. (he's like a god in japan)
-For MP Transformers line, Takara asked Shoji Kawamori to design MP-03 Starscream. the interview was translated on Seibertron.com if you're interested in quick read =)

these VF-31 were his latest design and probably the best one since the VF-1.
if you ever want to dip into a Macross, i would start with the iconic VF-1 toy that you initially commented on. not sure your budget range, but it's going to be priced around 160ish plus shipping if you get in the early pre-orders coming out in a few weeks.

Thank you for the info, that's very interesting! $160 is closer to my budget. I'll see what I can do...

Yarbskoo

Go with SAL registered. It won't show up damaged because they use oversized boxes and depending on the product they put it in the middle with 4 walls of cardboard.

I wouldn't be so sure. My Link Nendo shipped via SAL Small Packet Registered and got a bit crunched.
7RsS9Vt.png

The figure was undamaged, but the box looked like it had been dropped from an airplane. It was the only time I've received something from amiami in this condition, but I switched to DHL shortly after, mostly because I hate waiting.

Yarbskoo

Picked up the Jakks 6-inch Ganondorf. It scales well with the Wind Waker Nendoroids, and even with the limited articulation and not entirely clean paint application, it's really nice for a ten dollar figure.
EMo4eQX.png
qwop5Nt.png

67roejl.png
o7MOTnz.png

I do wish it came with swords though.

I still need to get that Ganondorf. I see him sometimes at Toys "R" Us, but haven't bought him yet. Heh. I have the Wind Waker Link from the line, and he needs a Ganondorf to fight!

What I really want to get from the line is the 6-inch Bowser, though, but I can only find him online, and for $60+. Heh. I wish they'd re-release him like they've done with Ganondorf and the big Metroid.

Yarbskoo

What I really want to get from the line is the 6-inch Bowser, though, but I can only find him online, and for $60+. Heh. I wish they'd re-release him like they've done with Ganondorf and the big Metroid.

Yeah, $60 is way to much for these things.

I am glad the Metroid is a bit cheaper now, I've got one of those on the way as well.

Top Bottom