• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Bomberman R patched to 1.3: 60fps, story mode camera changes, lag improved, etc

Regiruler

I downloaded the 1.3 patch, and while on call with my father for something else I was dicking around in the settings menu, looking at the manual. I was tapping stuff then noticed I stumbled upon the patch log. I looked through to see what was added in terms of content and how the balance was changed (as mentioned beforehand) but then I noticed the framerate was mentioned. I doubted it was 60fps but the visuals change to single player that was mentioned had me excited.

The call went on for a while so I opened a 4p game with bots to see what changed. IT WAS RUNNING AT A HIGHER FRAMERATE. But, as a downside the game does look worse (they definitely took an axe to the polygons).

I always thought people asking for a different framerate target were out of their minds.

----

https://www.konami.com/games/bomberman/r/us/en/news/#news170421
Konami said:
Ver.1.3 Update Notice
・Four new VS stages have been added to the shop (White Cross, Lagoon, Max Speed, Power Zone).

・Two new series of accessories have been added to the shop (Crowns, Bombs).

・The frame rate of the entire game has been improved. We also made slight adjustments and improved the controls as well.

・Less lags are likelier to happen when every participant in the Online Battle have good network connection.
(If you want to find opponents with good connection, set Other > Basic Settings > Network Settings to the very left.)

・Made it possible to press L/R to change the inclination of he map in the Story Mode. Other > Basing Settings will also allow you to fix the camera position as well.

・You can now choose the strength of the COM on the Multiplayer Battle Mode.

・The strength of the Five Dastardly Bombers on the Story Mode have been adjusted.

・The difficulties of Beginner and Normal have been reduced, making it easier to beat them.

・Adjusted the heights and slopes on some maps to improve the visibility.

・If you continue a certain number of times in the Story Mode, you will be able to continue without paying anymore gems.

・Changed the BP (Battle Point) increase/decrease rate for the League Battle.

・Fixed other various small bugs.

Regiruler

lol you're going to have to source this one op

cool if so but... proof please
I'm playing it, it decidely looks faster.

Unless it's some weird locked 30<x>60 framerate that I can't distinguish from 60 I have no idea what it could be other than 60fps.

I should clarify that it was just for 4 players, I'll check 8p mode now.

We have patch notes claiming a higher framerate, what if it's true? o_O

&#12539;Four new VS stages have been added to the shop (White Cross, Lagoon, Max Speed, Power Zone).

&#12539;Two new series of accessories have been added to the shop (Crowns, Bombs).

&#12539;The frame rate of the entire game has been improved. We also made slight adjustments and improved the controls as well.

&#12539;Less lags are likelier to happen when every participant in the Online Battle have good network connection.
(If you want to find opponents with good connection, set Other > Basic Settings > Network Settings to the very left.)

&#12539;Made it possible to press L/R to change the inclination of he map in the Story Mode. Other > Basing Settings will also allow you to fix the camera position as well.

&#12539;You can now choose the strength of the COM on the Multiplayer Battle Mode.

&#12539;The strength of the Five Dastardly Bombers on the Story Mode have been adjusted.

&#12539;The difficulties of Beginner and Normal have been reduced, making it easier to beat them.

&#12539;Adjusted the heights and slopes on some maps to improve the visibility.

&#12539;If you continue a certain number of times in the Story Mode, you will be able to continue without paying anymore gems.

&#12539;Changed the BP (Battle Point) increase/decrease rate for the League Battle.

&#12539;Fixed other various small bugs.

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/159809821284

I'm glad they made the Story Mode a bit easier. I'm not usually one to complain about challenge, but some of those bosses were ridiculous.

I might pop this back in the Switch and play through it again.

Edit - Damn, this patch has a ton of positive changes. Nice job, Konami.

lt519

Surprise to me, I left the game for dead before the first patch. If the community survives I'd love to pick it back up down the road.

I'm playing it, it decidely looks faster.

Unless it's some weird locked 30<x>60 framerate that I can't distinguish from 60 I have no idea what it could be other than 60fps.

I should clarify that it was just for 4 players, I'll check 8p mode now.
do you have a phone that has a >60fps camera?

if you have an iPhone that does 120fps video you can take a video of the screen

Regiruler

I'm glad they made the Story Mode a bit easier. I'm not usually one to complain about challenge, but some of those bosses were ridiculous.

I might pop this back in the Switch and play through it again.
I'm actually disappointed with myself, I wanted to beat the story on easy before the patch. Don't know why I installed it so quickly.

At least I beat world 4.

Damn this game is literally fixing everyone's conplaints.
Better frame rate
Controllable computer difficulty
More content
Now just fix some textures and we will be good.

Theswweet

I'm not completely sold it's 60fps, but it's definitely feeling a hell of a lot smoother. Controls are much better than before... patch notes said that online should have less lag now, I think I'll check that out.

JB2448

https://www.konami.com/games/bomberman/r/us/en/news/#news170421
Konami said:
Ver.1.3 Update Notice
&#12539;Four new VS stages have been added to the shop (White Cross, Lagoon, Max Speed, Power Zone).

&#12539;Two new series of accessories have been added to the shop (Crowns, Bombs).

&#12539;The frame rate of the entire game has been improved. We also made slight adjustments and improved the controls as well.

&#12539;Less lags are likelier to happen when every participant in the Online Battle have good network connection.

&#12539;Made it possible to press L/R to change the inclination of he map in the Story Mode. Other > Basing Settings will also allow you to fix the camera position as well.

&#12539;You can now choose the strength of the COM on the Multiplayer Battle Mode.

&#12539;The strength of the Five Dastardly Bombers on the Story Mode have been adjusted.

&#12539;The difficulties of Beginner and Normal have been reduced, making it easier to beat them.

&#12539;Adjusted the heights and slopes on some maps to improve the visibility.

&#12539;If you continue a certain number of times in the Story Mode, you will be able to continue without paying anymore gems.

&#12539;Changed the BP (Battle Point) increase/decrease rate for the League Battle.

&#12539;Fixed other various small bugs.

Top Bottom