• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND |OT| - Now with New Hat

That's a nice way of saying 'you got blown up, son'. =p. I'm going to try to main Hakumen, or Jin this time around... but I don't think there's enough time before SFxT.

was getting wrecked when you got your shit going with Ragna.

I cant play Jin the way I did in BB:CS. Tager has little change and almost played the same. Just play Tager like I would.

FSLink

Banned
So just got this game on 360 and PS3...been maining Platinum...didn't expect to like her at all but her rushdown's fun.

amodestproposal on PS3
FSLink on 360

Add me if you want.

cj_iwakura

Halfway done with the new stories. They do a good job of filling in some blanks, and setting up for some mad craziness in BB3.

That better not take forever, Mori.
(My god was Makoto's joke end amazing.)

Fugu

Yea? Interesting.

What makes it irritating?
You are so, so mashy. You throw the items you don't/can't use and mash the ones you can (watch a replay of yourself using cat stick if you don't know what I mean). You always tech chase with a jab. I can reset you for free because I know you're not blocking. You burst my 5B[m] corner combo every time and I don't bait it in hopes that you won't burst it, because I really need to practice that combo. You encourage me to play stupidly because I know that reversals are extremely effective on you. You always begin every round by backdashing in the air and you run away until you get an item you can mash, and it's exhausting to chase you every round. Your pressure is like, ABC gatlings and your 50/50's aren't real because you never use the overhead and I can mash Tsubame against your command grab because you never just sit there and block.

I think what makes it irritating is that I can't play creatively against you because I know that I can win pretty much every time with a steady combination of DPs and ground pressure. It's also kind of frustrating to see you make the same mistakes every time, although I'm sure that's more bothersome for you than it is for me.

Having said that, I would rather play you than any of the internet's extremely numerous purple grab/netplay tactics warriors. I realize that exposure to crap like that is the risk I take when I netplay, but that doesn't take the inherent stupidness out of the win.

Grifter

Is anyone playing this around the northeast US on XBL? This game is about to fall to 4/5 in local popularity with SFxT on the horizon and I would love to play some online regulars.

GT - Grifter 181

What was up with the connections? I've played 1000+ matches on the 360 between the different versions and randoms were usually yellow bars at worst. Only the Japanese were red(nor purple).

Where do you guys live?

Fun stuff guys. There were a lot of lol moments.

What was up with the connections? I've played 1000+ matches on the 360 between the different versions and randoms were usually yellow bars at worst. Only the Japanese were red(nor purple).

Where do you guys live?

Mine was displaying 1s, but didn't really play like it most of the time.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Is there a list of easiest to hardest characters to play as? I'm guessing there is a tier list somewhere as well?

I started playing as Ragna the Bloodedge, I still suck though lol. I'm also having problems getting the second button or command off on his 1st super.

Ragna and Jin are supposed to be easy to play. So is Platinum.

Carl is the hardest I think. Arakune is up there as well. Rachel and Relius probably follow. And Tao.

Everyone else is probably in the middle, which isn't too difficult.

There should be a tier list on dustloop

T.O.P

Banned
Is there a list of easiest to hardest characters to play as? I'm guessing there is a tier list somewhere as well?

I started playing as Ragna the Bloodedge, I still suck though lol. I'm also having problems getting the second button or command off on his 1st super.

Ragna is the esiest one to use by far, i also find Hakumen a really nice chara to start with, not so easy to use if we're talking about advanced combos but it'll help you to understand how the game work and it will force you to learn how to defend against certain mix up and the exact timing when you can actually do something without getting blown up

Also, Hakumen need moar love <3

My 360 copy is finally here btw, i've been in da lab with Hakumen, Ragna, Lambda and Relius in the last few days on Vita, gotta try them online asap :D

I'm loving the game, but I massively suck at it.

I'm totally new to the franchise and the tutorial isn't helping me any and I hate that the only way to learn the combos for each character in game is by the challenges. Getting it right once, does not mean I am even close to ready to use it in a real fight. I need to do it hundreds of times, but there's no way I've found to display the combos in the training mode.

My only fighting experience comes from VT5 in which I'm half decent and it was much better at teaching you the game.

So now I'm wondering if there are any good online resources for super beginners like me. To get an idea of my skill level I can get to a 100 depth on 2 characters (Lambda 11 and Jin) and on one I'm now up to 200+ Jin. However I can't finish the arcade mode in normal with either one! I get obliterated on stage 10 with Lamda, as in I can't win a single round and it's not looking good that I will. With Jin Ragna completely demolished me. Totally and completely demolished. As in I don't know what just happened, didn't get a single hit it, kinda demolished.

So I need lots of help. Also I'm far to weak to play online I want to understand how the game works a little better first. So any good resources out there? Like really simple stuff made for idiots (I can't even follow youtube videos)

I'm totally new to the franchise and the tutorial isn't helping me any and I hate that the only way to learn the combos for each character in game is by the challenges. Getting it right once, does not mean I am even close to ready to use it in a real fight. I need to do it hundreds of times, but there's no way I've found to display the combos in the training mode.

My only fighting experience comes from VT5 in which I'm half decent and it was much better at teaching you the game.

So now I'm wondering if there are any good online resources for super beginners like me. To get an idea of my skill level I can get to a 100 depth on 2 characters (Lambda 11 and Jin) and on one I'm now up to 200+ Jin. However I can't finish the arcade mode in normal with either one! I get obliterated on stage 10 with Lamda, as in I can't win a single round and it's not looking good that I will. With Jin Ragna completely demolished me. Totally and completely demolished. As in I don't know what just happened, didn't get a single hit it, kinda demolished.

So I need lots of help. Also I'm far to weak to play online I want to understand how the game works a little better first. So any good resources out there? Like really simple stuff made for idiots (I can't even follow youtube videos)

Just a warning: Some of the Challenge combos (especially the later ones) do not make the best BnBs. They're essentially there to tell you, "hey, this can be done!" but a lot of them has a very strict timing and do not give you the best damage.

What's the 100 depth? Is that PSR? Also, arcade mode is not the best way to learn it because it will teach you some bad habits. CPU is not a good indicative of real players.

The really simple stuff is all in the game. There should be a "Tutorial" section that goes in depth on all the terminology and basics of the game. I would highly suggest you playing online even if you don't know what's going because that's the fastest way to learn. Then again, I'm not the real norm and don't really care if I'm constantly losing (That doesn't mean I don't get frustrated). And last thing, if you don't know what's going on YouTube videos, it usually means that you also do not know what your character moves are so just spend some more time. It'll start clicking.

If you REALLY want some kind of reference, I would suggest heading to Dustloop, but it's been a hot mess for quite a while there. As long as you go there for vids, I haven't had problems, but their combo sections can get really messy since anyone can chime in. I would give you suggestions but I have no idea how to play Jin or Lambda.

What system are you on?

The combo system on challenges works great imo. It's nothing compared to the 1 frame links on SFIV and it shows way more than the MvC3 mission combos. Have you tried using the replay function to watch the combo a number of times? I do that and I even reset the combo before it says "challenge cleared" so that I can repeat the combo all night if necessary. Reset and replay can both be assigned to a single button each.

I've never been a combo master at any game, but the stuff here is pretty easy. The only way challenge could get more convenient is if they allow us to scroll the combo notation bars up and down(which UMvC3 does now). I never got much farther than challenge 6 on XBL for CT/CS, but I still did amazingly well.
Fun stuff guys. There were a lot of lol moments.

Mine was displaying 1s, but didn't really play like it most of the time.
Yeah... I don't really know what to make of it. I'm totally willing to play 1v1s if you are ever bored. I can't stand multiple person lobbies where I have to spectate and I suck at the game. Simple two man lobbies are my thing until I feel comfortable at the game again. I can get my spectator on once I feel like I'm up there.

Yeah... I don't really know what to make of it. I'm totally willing to play 1v1s if you are ever bored. I can't stand multiple person lobbies where I have to spectate and I suck at the game. Simple two man lobbies are my thing until I feel comfortable at the game again. I can get my spectator on once I feel like I'm up there.

Yeah, sorry about that. I was only expecting 1 person to reply back but 3 of you signed on and I couldn't really ignore all of you. SephirothRK joined right after you left so it kinda worked out.

We'll have some 1on1 matches if you want.

Volcynika

Any one want to play some team battles like 10 hours from now?
I needs them trophies!

I don't know how to set up a team battle though :/

I miiiiiiiight be able to, but I'd just be getting home.

I should be playing tonight and/or tomorrow though. Sorry I wasn't around this weekend.
It was my birthday on Saturday, had things to do!

I miiiiiiiight be able to, but I'd just be getting home.

I should be playing tonight and/or tomorrow though. Sorry I wasn't around this weekend.
It was my birthday on Saturday, had things to do!

Happy belated dude! I should be on for a couple of hours so hope to see you.

What's the 100 depth? Is that PSR? Also, arcade mode is not the best way to learn it because it will teach you some bad habits. CPU is not a good indicative of real players.

What system are you on?

On the Abyss mode, where you go down to... somewhere and face a wave of enemies and can upgrade your character. It's probably the most fun mode in the game for me.

I get your point on playing against the CPU, but my thinking is that if I'm getting totally owned by it, then there's no point in getting owned even more by real players. Maybe until I can hold my own against the CPU I should hold on on playing online. I mean I'm still very new to the game and haven't even seen all of the characters yet, much less play with them to get a feel.

I'm playing on Vita obviously. I think I made the right call in going DD instead of retail on this. Even though it's the largest game out there, I want it on the system the whole time, otherwise I'd never play it. I would never turn on my consoles (and use up the TV) with a fighting game to be honest. However I'm loving playing it on the small screen.

It took me so long to figure out how to get Tsubaki's "bad" ending in story mode. I finally gave up and went to gamefaqs =(

Regardless, I'm nearly done with all of them, just Hazma's, the special stories, and the True Ending to go. Then I can dig deeper into this game. I just feel like I need to finish the story first, it has me enveloped in its web. And it has given me a feel for all the characters, so I can see what feels right for me. I'm so happy next week is Spring Break. I'll have some free time to combo practice and such!

Solune

you'll be back. when they nerf the fuck out of cammy!
Might not be picking Cammy anymore! Need to pick dat Misogi
was getting wrecked when you got your shit going with Ragna.

I cant play Jin the way I did in BB:CS. Tager has little change and almost played the same. Just play Tager like I would.

Yah they changed Jin a bit, 6C makes them fly way further now. DP loops are still there at least. On his last challenge now, hopefully finish it tonight, then go to PACMEN.

Yah they changed Jin a bit, 6C makes them fly way further now. DP loops are still there at least. On his last challenge now, hopefully finish it tonight, then go to PACMEN.

When do I get to redeem myself in BB? I already beat SephirothRK. This is some revenge status for all those beat downs.

edit: If you got better at BB then... Uhh... I may not be available whenever you're playing.

xero273

When do I get to redeem myself in BB? I already beat SephirothRK. This is some revenge status for all those beat downs.

edit: If you got better at BB then... Uhh... I may not be available whenever you're playing.

revenge on Solune? you joking, right? Solune is 8.95 as shit.. gets hit by astrals all day.

Fugu

Who do you want to play?

Also, stop using arcade or challenge mode to get better; that's not what they're there for. Challenge mode is to test what you can do and it's not really for teaching you new things because the combos are largely without context and usually not efficient.

One good way to build familiarity with a character is to start up training mode, set the computer to block everything and make yourself a gatling chart. That will allow you to feel which moves cancel into each other, which is an important part of playing any character in BB. If you don't know a character's gatlings, you will not be able to play as them.

I think we should have another tournament. Or finish the old one, seeing as I was on top of the brackets and was two rounds away from winning. =/

I'd be willing to join in if you guys are still in there.
just in case you all missed it:
http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/videos

we had blazblue revolution this weekend, i was there and commentated some of hte matches. there was so many crazy hype moments.
I saw it and it was insane hype. BlazBlue needs something like that regularly. Dacid hype was crazy, Copperdabbit(who I only knew from Skullgirls) has the sickest Arakune I've ever seen and Spark brought the trollface. LK's Litchi and Huey's Bang were also sick.

So much fun!

I saw it and it was insane hype. BlazBlue needs something like that regularly. Dacid hype was crazy, Copperdabbit(who I only knew from Skullgirls) has the sickest Arakune I've ever seen and Spark brought the trollface. LK's Litchi and Huey's bag were also sick.

So much fun!

Holy shit, I went straight into my copy of the game after I saw some of those mtches, just to see off I could do something similar with Arakune. Thats the stuff that makes me so hype about this game. Seeing something cool in this is a completely different feeling than in Street Fighter (or any other fighting game, really).

Shtkn when exactly did you commentate? Wanna know when my fellow gaffer is popping off!

Edit: That Rachel player is doing some great stuff too. Holy hell

Solune

I'm pretty sure most people who play me know I'm ass at BB! We can play whenever, gonna be hopping on soonish.

Volcynika

Good games to Milk and dementia! Anyone that will play when I have the time can friend me on PSN, same as my username here.

Is anyone else as amused as I am when you join a lobby with a match going on, how it goes into hyperspeed to catch you up? I'm entertained every time.

i was ass yesterday

i am ass today

i will be ass tomorrow

these are truths of the universe

Good games to Milk and dementia! Anyone that will play when I have the time can friend me on PSN, same as my username here.

Is anyone else as amused as I am when you join a lobby with a match going on, how it goes into hyperspeed to catch you up? I'm entertained every time.

hyperspeed's fun, it's cool that you can do it in replays

remz

Just pointing this out, the second command on Carnage Scissors isn't necessary, it's used to cancel the super, not add a second hit. from memory.

Fugu

BB Revo was exciting as hell to watch but I just can't believe how few the viewers are compared to even a daily thing like Cross Assault.

Top Bottom