• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hit that big 30 today.

fd2fe55d7bc51387ce431c8c3bc62c66.jpg

Tizoc

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PGP3OVL.png
Mount & Blade GOG Key -- MB-A9CD2262D570B099

Parsnip

A perfect gamepad for me would be an xbox one pad combined with a better dpad and gyro.
I wonder if MS is going to have a pad revision for the Scorpio. Actually the only thing I'm curious regarding it.

This so much.
I was a longtime DualShock user, gave the WiiUProPad a whirl and after a week or so of having to accustom myself to stick placement, I'm never not using it for pad games.
I even gave my DS4 to my brother, SteamCon+WiiUPro combo covers pretty much every game imaginable

What's the latest on Switch pro pad and PC anyways? I heard it was possible out of the gate but a huge hassle or something, was that accurate? Has a better way popped up?

I highly recommend LawBreakers to fans of fast-paced arena FPS games like old UT and Quake, i played it 3 hours straight and this is the best multiplayer i tried in recent years. They fixed movement and now controls are so fluid and responsive, allowing non-stop action for some characters. Also, music is awesome, this sound when you capturing points or delivering the ball on enemies base is so up-beat and giving energy to immediately back to action.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Steve Purcell himself.

Edit: I assume you meant IP. If you're asking if a video game developer has licensed the rights since Telltale's contract expired, then no.

Yeah the game license. I'm surprised it's still in Steam despite the expiry.

I'd actually want another dev to handle it, since TT's style doesn't fit it nowadays.

In a general sense, but Borderlands is bad.

Well, I do sometimes call it Borederlands.

Just hit that big 30 today.

fd2fe55d7bc51387ce431c8c3bc62c66.jpg

happy thirty!

oni-link

I use the Mayflash Adapter and it's pretty straightforward, plug the adapter, make sure the switch on the adapter is xinput, sync with your controller and done.

Some cons: The adapter won't turn off on idle even if your controller is off. So games will still detect you have an 360 controller plug in. And you can only use 1 gamepad in xinput mode, while you can use 4 gamepad on direct input mode.

I know you can use other software using a standard bluetooth adapter, but I never tried it.

The Wii U Pro Gamepad is my go to for dpad and any game that doesn't need an analog trigger. Battery life and the dpad is way better than the competition.

Thanks, I was hoping there would be a way to just plug in and play, but I will look into this

I finished Prey today. Pretty nice game but there's a lot of backtracking in the last few hours. It has some design choices I didn't like and there are general bugs and annoyances with the PC version so I wouldn't recommend it until it gets fixed/goes on sale after a while. To their credit, they are patching issues with regularity (unlike certain other devs).

On the other hand, it's a shame that immersive sims are not selling all that well these days. Steamspy says it has sold 230K copies in about two weeks. That's not terrible but it also isn't a great start for a AAA game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How can you possibly confuse Sam and Max with Wallace and Gromit?

I miss Wallace and Gromit.

They're both a pair of names separated by "and"! At least I didn't say "Sam and Gromit" or "Wallace and Max".

I finished Prey today. Pretty nice game but there's a lot of backtracking in the last few hours. It has some design choices I didn't like and there are general bugs and annoyances with the PC version so I wouldn't recommend it until it gets fixed/goes on sale after a while. To their credit, they are patching issues with regularity (unlike certain other devs).

On the other hand, it's a shame that immersive sims are not selling all that well these days. Steamspy says it has sold 230K copies in about two weeks. That's not terrible but it also isn't a great start for a AAA game.
Prey has pretty much completely blindsided me, I bought it on impulse after something Ozium posted that gave me sudden interest that this wouldn't be another case of BioShock and it turns out he was totally right. I think I'm pretty close to the end, but this game... this game is so good, it's so good that it's giving me a completely renewed faith over what a game like this kind can be in the modern day after the likes of the Eidos-Montreal Deus Ex games, the BioShocks, and even Arcane's own Dishonoured have let me down. I want more of this, and I want it bad.

But who knows, it might completely throw that all down the drain by the end so we'll see. The only recurring gripe I have with the game right now is the screen darkening when you're in combat, I hope there's some way of disabling that in an ini somewhere because on replays I do actually want to see things when I'm fighting.

Though while we're on this subject, can I just ask in concrete terms what the h*ck an immersion sim actually is? Genres can get pretty arbitrary but this one has never quite made any sense and all I can gather is that they're a style of game made by Looking Glass and their offshoots, but really that also doesn't really mean a whole lot, especially as the ones within the supposed genre span a wide variety of styles.

Still quite enjoying Nuclear Throne, but am getting discouraged. 7-2 is the farthest I've gotten after 15 hours. I don't expect to be great at this game, as I've mostly stayed away from this genre before, and I know it's meant to be difficult... but DAMN

Parsnip

Alright Steamgaf, give me some keyboard recommendations.

I've been using this Logitech K270 for 5 years now, except that mine's the Nordic variant.
k270-gallery.png

But today one of the legs/kickstands broke, and I hate typing on a completely flat keyboard, so it's practically a steaming pile of shit now.
It's just a basic keyboard and I don't plan to replace it with anything super fancy either, but I wouldn't mind knowing if any of you had any favorites.

All I really need from a keyboard is that it's wireless, it has legs and that it's a full keyboard with that numpad and shit. Once in a blue moon I use the volume controls on the media buttons.

Halp.

Not really sure why I got another Steam key for this, but have at it:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier -- MB-C76AAA03347703E8 - Taken by Henry Swanson

Knurek

All I really need from a keyboard is that it's wireless, it has legs and that it's a full keyboard with that numpad and shit. Once in a blue moon I use the volume controls on the media buttons.

Halp.

I just bought this one, looking good so far:

Parsnip

I just bought this one, looking good so far:

I'm going to guess it only comes as a m+kb combo. It feels like all no-frills basic keyboards are like that now. I suppose I can always sell the mouse if I get one of these combos.

edit: Oh wait, it's obviously one receiver for the combo, so I could only sell the mouse to someone who already has a receiver. Poop.

I suppose a backup mouse is good to have.

yuraya

A part of me wants to download Phantom Dust..but another part of me think its will release on Steam before the end of the year. Really don't want to invest time/money into a f2p game on Win10 store. Just doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

For those of you who have tried it. What exactly are the microtransactions about and what kind of longevity do you think the game will have?

Gotta go fast

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dangerblade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Speedrunners -- MB-E0D02EAFC2B99D79 - Taken by lazerfox. 3 entrants total.

t1495225317z1.png

Grief.exe

A part of me wants to download Phantom Dust..but another part of me think its will release on Steam before the end of the year. Really don't want to invest time/money into a f2p game on Win10 store. Just doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

For those of you who have tried it. What exactly are the microtransactions about and what kind of longevity do you think the game will have?

I think the microtransactions are just for people to quickly assemble a deck in the multiplayer mode, nothing more.

I was watching the first look video a couple weeks ago and the developer was discussing how they made several quality of life changes to the multiplayer mode. Any power unlock in single player automatically opens up that power in the multiplayer mode, and any power can be purchased from the multiplayer store at any time. If you wish to skip all of that, you can purchase it from the shop.

Grain of salt since I've never played this game previously and I haven't downloaded the Windows Store version.

Eila

So I moved countries and the steam store is still showing the old regional prices. Will I get in trouble if I buy crap like that and do nothing? Not sure what happens next.
Also, did anyone try out Giga Wrecker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom