• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank All 4 One - New Screens & Art (April 2011)

Unf I love Ratchet & Clank, I've been a fan since the very first one.

I need to make some GAF buddies between now and its release so I can have co-op fun, because nobody else I know likes R&C as much as I do. Sad face.

Still always hyped for new R&C.

Is this 30fps? Or did they renege on their '60fps isn't worth it' statements? Because this game looks like it has taken a decent jump in visual quality from previous titles.

Speevy

Banned
Mr. Zurkon is coming to KILL you.

I hope he's in the game, but I kind of doubt it considering you already have 3 allies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Just beautiful, can't wait. Need a good fun co-op game and this sounds perfect everytime.

Now if they could just go to a HD re-release of the PS2 games so I could play them again.

I'm tired of the oversaturation of multiplayer-centric titles this gen (particularly the retooling of existing franchises), but the art sure does look pretty.

GrotesqueBeauty said:
I'm tired of the oversaturation of multiplayer-centric titles this gen (particularly the retooling of existing franchises), but the art sure does look pretty.

It wasn't retooled for MP this gen, it had MP last gen.

Speevy

Banned
Ratchet's a pretty freaking amazing looking game in motion.

I mean the locales are colorful and eye-catching, but what really impresses is all the things that happen at once without a hitch.

You get 20 robots dancing while tentacles are coming from the sky plucking them one by one, then you start firing 100 sawblades and your robot companion is throwing bombs, then you hoverglide to another big area and set up the mayhem all over again.

It's no Uncharted, but it'll dazzle.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
looking at ratchet makes me wish that the jak series would have stayed in the past... so colorful.

ymmv

Banned
Thunderbear said:
Looks gorgeous... I hope it's fun if you play by yourself too.

That's my biggest worry. I like single player games. I don't give a rat's ass about multiplayer and I love the Ratchet games. Can you play this game alone as well?

dc89

I think the R&C games are the closest thing we will ever get to playing a Pixar quality game in terms of visuals.

Loving the art and the screens look very detailed. I think Insomniac's choice to go with 30fps was a correct one after all - ACiT struggled to maintain it anyway and this looks so much better, perhaps even in 720p native.

dc89 said:
I think the R&C games are the closest thing we will ever get to playing a Pixar quality game in terms of visuals.

Ratchet games always look nice, even in the non-bullshotted state, but come on now.

By the way, love the artwork for this one. Still not sold on the concept, though.

nofi

edible_candle said:
Is this 30fps? Or did they renege on their '60fps isn't worth it' statements? Because this game looks like it has taken a decent jump in visual quality from previous titles.

Was 30fps when I played it last.

Great game.

BeeDog

The art direction is magnificent. Let's hope that the change to 30 fps allows the devs to bump it up to proper 720p.

elfinke

Beaten by about 30 posts, but dat art! damn.gif

Such a wonderful series, I only ask for more brilliant puzzles like the time bending ones from a Crack in Time to be included in this and I'll be happy.

Siegfried

God, I wish the game would look like this when it came out. Maybe next gen we'll have stuff with this level of AA on the consoles and a solid frame rate.

ymmv said:
That's my biggest worry. I like single player games. I don't give a rat's ass about multiplayer and I love the Ratchet games. Can you play this game alone as well?

If you're alone, you have an AI buddy with you. I'm kinda worried too, I'm not sure if much people will be playing it 6+ month after its release. I hope that it will be fun to play with random people too, I like the concept of complex coop games, but if you have to carefully plan and set up your play, it's pretty annoying. I want to play a game when I feel like playing, not when I have to because my friends are waiting for me.

I'm not too worried because R2's coop didn't have any of these problem for me, unless the team really sucked, it was pretty nice to play with random people.

Looks wonderful, but i'm very weary about the 4 player focus. Online communities are so unreliable and since i almost never pick up games day 1, i'd hate for the community to be dead before i finally play it.

Duffyside

Banned
Spotless Mind said:
Looks wonderful, but i'm very weary about the 4 player focus. Online communities are so unreliable and since i almost never pick up games day 1, i'd hate for the community to be dead before i finally play it.
While I think there is online play, it feels to me this game is more about playing with people on your couch. Moreover, online "communities" are tough when you need fifteen people, not three. ALSO, the other 3 people can be AI-controlled, so you'll be able to play it no matter what; you don't need to find others.

SykoTech

ConradCervantes said:
Looks beautiful. Sadly I have no friends with PS3s, so foreveralone.jpg

And this is why the Internet exist. I'll be up for some online co-op with you and anyone else once the game comes out. No real life friends necessary!

Game looks beautiful as expected.

Top Bottom