• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Silver Case |OT| Kill The Past

Chev

Finished it. I think that there's a bit too many turnabouts near the end, and the framerate in the
triangle towers
was utterly terrible for me, which is a bit of a problem given all you have to explore there. But still, it was a nice experience.

Finished it as well, man this game was a bumpy ride all the way through.

So I got it right that SPOILER

All males were Kamui and all females were Ayame?, the Silver Case was The Old Man and the format Kamui?
The silver eyes were a myth that they grand immortality ? Nezu was the guy in the swivel chair in the Tower?, Hachisuka has the silver eyes ?

Chev

Finished it as well, man this game was a bumpy ride all the way through.

So I got it right that SPOILER

All males were Kamui and all females were Ayame?, the Silver Case was The Old Man and the format Kamui?
The silver eyes were a myth that they grand immortality ? Nezu was the guy in the swivel chair in the Tower?, Hachisuka has the silver eyes ?

I don't think all men were Kamui, for example among the cops I understand only Chev was (yeah that's what he was named in my playthrough). Tokio is a Kamui though and I think he's the new Kamui talked of at the very end, the one who attacked Hachisuka. Most women you meet are Ayame, though. I'm not sure wether the hacker couple from Kamuidrome are shelter kids though. For everything else you're dead on.

I don't think all men were Kamui, for example among the cops I understand only Chev was (yeah that's what he was named in my playthrough). Tokio is a Kamui though and I think he's the new Kamui talked of at the very end, the one who attacked Hachisuka. Most women you meet are Ayame, though. I'm not sure wether the hacker couple from Kamuidrome are shelter kids though. For everything else you're dead on.

Thanks for the clarification.

So
Akira (I called him Koji) is Kamui too, I got that, Tokio as well, but he was a failed Kamui afaik, he was a failed product.
What happened with Tokio in the last Placebo chapter ?, It's weird that the couple from KamuiDrome never came up anymore.

Chev

Thanks for the clarification.

So
Akira (I called him Koji) is Kamui too, I got that, Tokio as well, but he was a failed Kamui afaik, he was a failed product.
Tokio was dismissed as failed, but during his last chapter he precisely starts losing it to the ghosts and visions people seem to expect from whatever Kamui is and, on the very last drawing of his story, you can see he's finally gotten a silver eye, completing the transformation that the shelter guys erroneously thought he wouldn't be able to go through. For all their experiments there's a factor they were missing for completing it, maybe Kamui is only possible as a sort of wild card.

I absolutely must buy this game, but I do not play PC games at all. If I have to, I will buy it, but is there any way this will ever be ported to a console? Or even Vita?

Tokio was dismissed as failed, but during his last chapter he precisely starts losing it to the ghosts and visions people seem to expect from whatever Kamui is and, on the very last drawing of his story, you can see he's finally gotten a silver eye, completing the transformation that the shelter guys erroneously thought he wouldn't be able to go through. For all their experiments there's a factor they were missing for completing it, maybe Kamui is only possible as a sort of wild card.

Oh I see so
Tokio got a silver eye after all, I was asking myself what the last picture wanted to say, so even if failed he still succeeded getting one silver eye after all. So there is no 100 % way to reproduce it.

cj_iwakura

Oh I see so
Tokio got a silver eye after all, I was asking myself what the last picture wanted to say, so even if failed he still succeeded getting one silver eye after all. So there is no 100 % way to reproduce it.

(Another Suda game)
Flower, Sun, and Rain
puts the nail in that coffin.
He appears there as well.

(Another Suda game)
Flower, Sun, and Rain
puts the nail in that coffin.
He appears there as well.

FSR was released on DS right?
I maybe should look into that.
BTW the 1st character in the beginning the guy with the head in his hand, I've read that he is from The Moonlight Syndrome, is that correct?

cj_iwakura

FSR was released on DS right?
I maybe should look into that.
BTW the 1st character in the beginning the guy with the head in his hand, I've read that he is from The Moonlight Syndrome, is that correct?
Yep. I did a write up on it a while back. Maybe I'll revise it for a spoiler thread.

Soulflarz

Banned
okay i have no idea what the hell is going on in parade

someone uhh want to explain so far >_>
im at
the power plant or whatever we are at outside? Trash area, but looks like a power plant :V
who am I or ?_?
I believe im <main character> here by that one guys request but mildly lost at this point >_> blame watching smash :V

okay i have no idea what the hell is going on in parade

someone uhh want to explain so far >_>
im at
the power plant or whatever we are at outside? Trash area, but looks like a power plant :V
who am I or ?_?
I believe im <main character> here by that one guys request but mildly lost at this point >_> blame watching smash :V

I will try to explain.

You're not
at a power plant, you're at a incineration plant, where you incinerate materials.
You're still Akira or player given name, and giving in the demands of the perpetrators.

Soulflarz

Banned
I will try to explain.

You're not
at a power plant, you're at a incineration plant, where you incinerate materials.
You're still Akira or player given name, and giving in the demands of the perpetrators.

oh okay
yeah trash plant :V whatever we call it :3

also rip I renamed him my name, Akira is way cooler

Anyways thanks. Is the back half as long? I dunno, game still feels slow, I'm still really interested, just...not a fan of placebo "walk between two rooms" half.

oh okay
yeah trash plant :V whatever we call it :3

also rip I renamed him my name, Akira is way cooler

Anyways thanks. Is the back half as long? I dunno, game still feels slow, I'm still really interested, just...not a fan of placebo "walk between two rooms" half.

You're not the only one, I named him Koji, never thought your MC has a name :p

You're welcome :)
The placebo bits don't change really much unfortunately.
The main bits are mostly the same, not a lot of riddles too, I would say the pace will keep the same to the rest of the ending.

Soulflarz

Banned
You're not the only one, I named him Koji, never thought your MC has a name :p

You're welcome :)
The placebo bits don't change really much unfortunately.
The main bits are mostly the same, not a lot of riddles too, I would say the pace will keep the same to the rest of the ending.

awww
I'm interested but bleehh....wish it was faster. Oh well
WELP JUST HAD THE
EXPLOSION WELP
didn't see that coming

awww
I'm interested but bleehh....wish it was faster. Oh well
WELP JUST HAD THE
EXPLOSION WELP
didn't see that coming

Yeah the whole game play is pretty slow, also had the problem that it was to slow sometimes for my taste.
The revealing bits are interesting though.

Haha, I know right, game has some mind fuck bits later on as well.

Soulflarz

Banned
Yeah the whole game play is pretty slow, also had the problem that it was to slow sometimes for my taste. The revealing bits are interesting though.

Haha, I know right, game has some mind fuck bits later on as well.

Yeah, I fully expect to just have to google an explanation post ending
I mean shit I remember killer7 where I just sat there reading the design docs and going "how the hell were we supposed to understand the chess game?"

Yeah, I fully expect to just have to google an explanation post ending
I mean shit I remember killer7 where I just sat there reading the design docs and going "how the hell were we supposed to understand the chess game?"

Well it isn't that bad like in Killer 7.
Most things are getting explained in the placebo bits fortunately.

But I know what do you mean, Killer 7 was very heavy on lore and bits which weren't very visible and you only caught them by reading up on it.

cj_iwakura

I kind of like that about early Suda gmes. Things AREN'T spelled out for you, it requires(and rewards) interpretation.

Maybe it's because of after going through Flower, Sun and Rain and killer7, but most of The Silver Case really wasn't that hard to parse. Only near the end of Lifecut did things start to even begin to overwhelm me like
the whole ongoing battle between the TRO, CCO, and FSO factions, what Tokio Morishima ended up doing after Hikari, and the post credits stinger.
Hell, after exiting the game I only just realized that fucking
Sundance Shot
doesn't show up despite his art being in the original opening video.

But then I dug back up spoilers from FSR and a character chart that apparently came with Silver Case originally back in '99, and suddenly the characters whose roles flew over my head suddenly made sense.

Still, even without knowledge of Suda's other games and their themes, the game still makes plenty of sense. The vast majority's explained in game, with only a few bits requiring player interpretation. It's dense, but not that impenetrable. Figures that I always have a lust for these kind of crazy stories that I'll dive in head first and come out of it with little issue.

cj_iwakura

Maybe it's because of after going through Flower, Sun and Rain and killer7, but most of The Silver Case really wasn't that hard to parse. Only near the end of Lifecut did things start to even begin to overwhelm me like
the whole ongoing battle between the TRO, CCO, and FSO factions, what Tokio Morishima ended up doing after Hikari, and the post credits stinger.
Hell, after exiting the game I only just realized that fucking
Sundance Shot
doesn't show up despite his art being in the original opening video.

But then I dug back up spoilers from FSR and a character chart that apparently came with Silver Case originally back in '99, and suddenly the characters whose roles flew over my head suddenly made sense.

Still, even without knowledge of Suda's other games and their themes, the game still makes plenty of sense. The vast majority's explained in game, with only a few bits requiring player interpretation. It's dense, but not that impenetrable. Figures that I always have a lust for these kind of crazy stories that I'll dive in head first and come out of it with little issue.
Sundance was removed, but was originally meant to be in TSC.

Tizoc

SLOWLY taking my time with the game but I am getting used to the controls.
Music is quite haunting so I'm just gonna take my time enjoying this Suda51 romp.
Do hope it'll sell well over time XO.

jrcbandit

This game is so obtuse. The control scheme is so weird and is there a way to rebind keys? I'd like to use WASD instead of the arrow keys for movement. Also, I have no idea what the hell is going on in the prologue. Having it be a followup to Moonlight Syndrome is not exactly a good idea for an introduction to the game. The naming is so confusing, why exactly is there a special forces unit called Republic (huh what kind of code name is that for a police unit???) and why are they mixed in with some other criminal investigation unit. What's with these weird door codes and something weird about what happens on the rooftop.
Who is shooting who and for what reason? Murder is contagious? Is this some murder virus?
Lol, I have absolutely 0 idea what the hell is going on.

cj_iwakura

This game is so obtuse. The control scheme is so weird and is there a way to rebind keys? I'd like to use WASD instead of the arrow keys for movement. Also, I have no idea what the hell is going on in the prologue. Having it be a followup to Moonlight Syndrome is not exactly a good idea for an introduction to the game. The naming is so confusing, why exactly is there a special forces unit called Republic (huh what kind of code name is that for a police unit???) and why are they mixed in with some other criminal investigation unit. What's with these weird door codes and something weird about what happens on the rooftop. Who is shooting who and for what reason? Murder is contagious? Is this some murder virus? Lol, I have absolutely 0 idea what the hell is going on.

It'll make sense later on. Well, some of it. They never explain the Syndrome crap. I will do a write-up on it when I make a spoiler thread, promise.

Also, Republic and the investigative unit are separate entities. Republic is run by the government.

AHA-Lambda

This game is so obtuse. The control scheme is so weird and is there a way to rebind keys? I'd like to use WASD instead of the arrow keys for movement. Also, I have no idea what the hell is going on in the prologue. Having it be a followup to Moonlight Syndrome is not exactly a good idea for an introduction to the game. The naming is so confusing, why exactly is there a special forces unit called Republic (huh what kind of code name is that for a police unit???) and why are they mixed in with some other criminal investigation unit. What's with these weird door codes and something weird about what happens on the rooftop.
Who is shooting who and for what reason? Murder is contagious? Is this some murder virus?
Lol, I have absolutely 0 idea what the hell is going on.

It doesn't get much clearer tbh =/

I would love a Spoiler Thread cos I haven't been this confused by a game since playing MGS2 for the first time.
I just completed Chapter 5,a nd I've just given up trying to make sense of it now.

jrcbandit

It'll make sense later on. Well, some of it. They never explain the Syndrome crap. I will do a write-up on it when I make a spoiler thread, promise.

Also, Republic and the investigative unit are separate entities. Republic is run by the government.

Ok, I'll be very interested in it. I just have no context for any of the stuff happening in the intro. Like why would a special government unit even be sent there to capture or kill 1 dude with a gun instead of a normal police unit. Or anything about Twilight Murder Syndrome stuff (contagious murderous intent?), I just know a part of Danganronpa 2 has a homage to those games.

Chev

It doesn't get much clearer tbh =/

I would love a Spoiler Thread cos I haven't been this confused by a game since playing MGS2 for the first time.
I just completed Chapter 5,a nd I've just given up trying to make sense of it now.

Have you been doing the placebo chapters too? They explain the transmitter ones.

Top Bottom