• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3/PS4 Dev Kit spotted in Titanfall interview?

jwk94

Titanfall_PS4_PS3.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SvvX_EDWYI

Does anyone have some pictures of the PS3 dev kit?

That definitely looks like a PS3, assuming that controller is for the blurred console.

If it was a PS4 controller, where is the light bar?

Also, does it really matter if we see a PS4 dev kit in the background? If you're under the assumption that TitanFall is anything more than a TIMED exclusive, you'd be dead wrong. It's Electronic Arts people. And the money that Microsoft is giving to EA won't keep them from releasing a PS4 version for very long. The amount EA can make off of TitanFall for PS4 far outweighs whatever Microsoft is willing to drop.

SpecDotSign

Unconfirmed Member
I HAVE seen TitanFall.
Also, this isn't looking good for Respawn saying they are too small a team and just focusing on XBone development. Possible Microsoft money hat?

kadotsu

Banned
There's also a 360 controller. I thought that version was outsourced. Regardless, I think that I'll come to all relevant platforms after 6-12 months.

N.Domixis

Banned
The top controller is a DS3, the one below it is a DS4. The blurred out thing resembles a ps4. TitanFall for ps3/4 confirmed!
lol jk

Skeff

That's a PS3 and DS3, which I think means maybe less than 1 year timed? I mean if it was 1 year timed it would be released in Q1/2 2015 and would almost certainly be PS4 only.

I am surprised this is coming to PS3.

It was pixelated out? Well unless its a penis it's defintely a PS3 or PS4 kit. Didn't they say that "We haven't ruled out a PS4 version" in a recent interview?

Raide

According to the video, that was when they were throwing out ideas for different types of games, not just an FPS. So they probably have kits for most of the consoles before MS jumped in.

SgtCobra

#TeamCBOAT
I will always remember you, the brave hero that GAF deserves. Your sacrifice hasn't been for nothing (Assuming he's been "caught" as he didn't post anymore since Gamescom)

This game is destined to be multi platform.

Liamario

Banned
Anyone who thinks this isn't coming to PS4, especially considering recent pre order numbers is lying to himself.

pixlexic

Banned
I'm sure if the game does well it will go to other platforms eventually. you are still going to have wait for months either way.

N.Domixis

Banned
That's a PS3 and DS3, which I think means maybe less than 1 year timed? I mean if it was 1 year timed it would be released in Q1/2 2015 and would almost certainly be PS4 only.

I am surprised this is coming to PS3.

Why? Its comming to the 360 so a port to the ps3 would be smart.

dancmc

If true; let's not pretend this is some kind of megaton. We all know it's eventually coming to PS4 (maybe PS3 too); it's just a matter of the actual timeframe of PC/XB-1/360 exclusivity.

Moxx19

Banned
The top controller is a DS3, the one below it is a DS4. The blurred out thing resembles a ps4. TitanFall for ps3/4 confirmed!
lol jk

The controller is a DS3, and what looks to be a 180 controller below it. 180 is half of 360

Half of 360 + PS3..

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!

Skeff

Why? Its comming to the 360 so a port to the ps3 would be smart.

Well It's coming to 360 in 2014, but by 2015 with the PS4 starting at $399, it could well have dropped to $299 by then and be a juggernaut. I know there's a huge ps3 install base, but I'm not too sure about titanfall hitting PS3 in Q1/2 2015, seems a long way away (I know fifa 14 is on ps2/3/4)

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I would be surprised about any bigger studio not having a PS4 devkit, no matter what.

Diagol

Uh guys, this is EA. It should be expected that anything that's currently exclusive to the Xbone is just for a limited time. They port their games to almost everything as they want to make as much money as possible.

I doubt they have another game in development.

that is definitley a ds3 and a ds4 in the picture...the guy is kinda looking at it all like "oh shit I left them out" :)

lol jk

Why is the PS3 controller circled but not the PS4 controller?

People know that's a 360 Pad towards the bottom of the picture, right? Staggered sticks don't lie...

Top Bottom