• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Bateson and Jesper Kyd dumped from Hitman : Absolution [Bateson Responds]

MMaRsu

Banned
New threads for new news I guess

David Bateson, singer, actor and eponymous voice of Agent 47 for the entire Hitman franchise, has been unceremoniously dumped by IO Interactive. Although it had previously been confirmed that amongst the cast reshuffle, it took a member of Hitmanforum to contact Bateson personally, to find out why. His response was, alarmingly, indicative of the studio dropping the actor quite unceremoniously:

‘The absolute truth is: no one from IO Interactive is answering my calls, e-mails or sms. Feeling very let down at the moment but I haven’t heard personally.’

Considering that Bateson’s voice has been one of the key aspects of the character’s persona, the rough, European rumble that picked 47 out as a cool, calm operator, it does raise questions as to whether Absolution is hoping to shift further from its roots than previously expected.

Also, Jesper Kyd will not be returning to do the soundtrack for the new Hitman game.

In my opinion, I say we raise a stink and see if we can get Bateson and Kyd back. Since it pretty much happened for Max Payne 3.

Update:

Speedymanic said:
Came across this on the Hitman forum...

Hi there Mathew,

Thanks to you I now know more! I didn't even know the E3 thing had voice work on it at all.

Yeah, I won't lie. I am totally gutted. You know, IO called me in in Sept 09 and said I had to now audition for the part thanks to them hiring some LA casting director. Well, I ate my slice of humble pie and auditioned and then heard back shortly afterwards: congratulations - you got the part. I have been waiting ever since for the call to go in and record...

You know, I can even understand IOI not letting me know what's going on so as to avoid any loss of shine in the build up to the trailer premiere and then E3.

But now, after repeated mails and sms to the producer and still no reply I am lost for words.

Thanks for your support though.

Kind regards

David

Jesus, what a horrible way to treat someone. :/

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
It was mentioned in numerous threads numerous times but such details weren't mentioned.

test_account said:
Did Agent 47 really talk much? Been quite a while since i've played a Hitman game.
Not that much really but this still burns. No Kyd kills me one poison bottle at a time. They are really screwing up...

I think you should update the OP with the news that trial and error has been removed/toned to the point where you simply can't make mistakes.

Instinct mode replaces the map, you have to refill it by carrying out stealth kills (Conviction, anyone?), it's upgradable, it's used when donning a disguise, allows for you to 'read minds' on lower difficulties, highlights/shows guards, enemies routes, allows you to look through walls.

And let's not forget that the game supposedly enters a slo-mo mode when your cover is about to be blown, this allows you to do something to stay in the role of the disguise (pick up doughnut/something that relates to the disguise you've taken), which is admittedly cool, but was handled much better in BM with you having to find items relating to your disguise (tools, delivery box, etc) at the very beginning and not when you're about to be discovered.

SMH! :/

hitmanabsolution.jpg

No absolution thread complete without this.

Van Buren

MMaRsu said:
In my opinion, I say we raise a stink and see if we can get Bateson and Kyd back.

I read that the OST has already been completed, so the chances are minimal at best.

Funny thing is that even with all the other changes, if Kyd were still on board, I would have been willing to still get the game.

ymmv

Banned
Who says Kid has been dumped? Maybe it was his own choice not to work on the next Hitman game. He's pretty busy with Assassin's Creed and his last sore for for IO Interactive was in 2007.

Messi

ymmv said:
Who says Kid has been dumped? Maybe it was his own choice not to work on the next Hitman game. He's pretty busy with Assassin's Creed and his last sore for for IO Interactive was in 2007.

this sounds right, still hurts though.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So..

-No one from the original dev team at all. ( it's most likely K&L team)
-Blood Money director is not even on this game too
-More actiony game
-Agent 47 is Rambo now.
-Not the same voice actor
-Jesper Kyd not doing the soundtrack

*sigh*

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Totobeni said:
So..

-No one from the original dev team at all. ( it's most likely K&L team)
-Blood Money director is not even on this game too
-More actiony game
-Agent 47 is Rambo now.
-Not the same voice actor
-Jesper Kyd not doing the soundtrack

*sigh*

Looks good, eh?

Pooya

Jesper Kyd is probably too busy with that other Hitman series, releasing one every year must mean lots of work for him.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Atolm said:
IO pulled a Conviction with this game.

It seems like this is the SE strategy to me, the new Tomb Raider also dropped the unique gameplay of the series for more cinematic/QTE/action crap.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
miladesn said:
Jesper Kyd is probably too busy with that other Hitman series, releasing one every year must mean lots of work for him.

Assassin's Creed wishes it was as amazing as Hitman.

jgminto

To Do List:
  1. Shave head
  2. Buy suit
  3. Get barcode tattoo
  4. Buy Fiberwire
  5. Go to IO offices
  6. Assassinate everyone working there

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Gravijah said:
After Hitman Absolution, I don't think that is true.

Thief > Splinter Cell > Hitman > Assassins Creed > Metal Gear

Hitman Absolution will have to be really bad to drop it below AC as a series.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Ahoi-Brause said:
Please what?
Hitman > Splinter Cell

Love the original 3 Splinter Cells. I prefer them to the Hitman games minus Blood Money, which is probably better than all of the them.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
HK-47 said:
Love the original 3 Splinter Cells. I prefer them to the Hitman games minus Blood Money, which is probably better than all of the them.

Chaos Theory still stands as the best stealth games ever created, and one of the best co-op stealth experiences made. That innovation in use of stealth, sound, and game design has outdone anything in most Hitman games in its series.

Gravijah

HK-47 said:

If we're only talking about the stealth gameplay, I would actually put AC below MGS, as much as I am enjoying AssBro.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Where does it say Jesper Kyd is also dumped? Maybe he got a deal with Ubisoft going

Shame about Bateson tho, loved his voice. He was 47

hamchan

HK-47 said:

Assassin't Creed really shouldn't be counted as a stealth series if that's what you're using as a comparison.

Assassin's Creed is much more open world, platforming and action than stealth, pretty unique I feel.

Gravijah said:
If we're only talking about the stealth gameplay, I would actually put AC below MGS, as much as I am enjoying AssBro.
I agree totally. All they really need to do is add in that sneak/crouch toggle and the other elements combined would push it ahead.

Gravijah

hamchan said:
Assassin't Creed really shouldn't be counted as a stealth series if that's what you're using as a comparison.

Assassin's Creed is much more open world, platforming and action than stealth, pretty unique I feel.

I agree with this.

Top Bottom