• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

79th place.

Top 10 is this:
Neo-Tokyo
My Neighbor Totaro
Patlabor 2
Perfect Blue
The Wind Rises
Paprika
Ghost in the Shell
Grave of the Fireflies
Spirited Away
Akira

Yeah I saw a lot of schlock on there. Ninja Scroll is in 22nd. Are they serious?
I wouldn't put GitS in the top 50.

Gundam Unicron is the only UC show I've never seen.

I've also never seen a second of Super. Never seen Buu Kai dubbed or subbed. Never seen Jojo either, never seen HxH dubbed, we're getting deep into the era of Shit Pudding where I didn't even follow the manga. I've seen all of One Piece, current on the dub and sub and I've obviously just watched OPM. Seen GITS:SAC around twenty times over the years.
So much blasphemy in this post...
My LTTP thread all about Re:Zero. Minor spoilers for the anime, so tread lightly.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=227567059#post227567059
Dafuq is Re:Zero and should I watch it?

I'm really tired of seeing Vampire Hunter D held up as an actually good movie personally.

It's not the best, but like the article said, for anime fans of a certain time, it was one of the few options available. And that's why it always comes up.

It holds a place for me like Tank Police and Project A-ko - ones that were shown on Sci-Fi Channel as my first exposure to anime.

Ray Down

Banned
DeMarco praising both Broly and Char's Counterattack.

You disappoint me bro.

LRwoBH.gif

Regiruler

Man, Sakamoto desu ga is not being treated well in those crunchyroll awards.

It was my anime of the year over mob psycho, which kinda fell flat to me at the end.

I've never seen Char's Counterattack.

Does Char's character fall apart in that movie?

Char basically goes into "Everything awful that's ever happened to me is societies fault" mode. That and it's 13 years later and both he and Amuro are still hung up over Lalah.

The most consistent character in CCA is Bright. Chan sucks, Amuro's a wreck and Char...Char can't even appreciate his waifu.

+1

Bright is probably the most consistently written and stable character in the UC as a whole.

Char basically goes into "Everything awful that's ever happened to me is societies fault" mode. That and it's 13 years later and both he and Amuro are still hung up over Lalah.

+1

Bright is probably the most consistently written and stable character in the UC as a whole.
Bright is many things in ZZ, but he ain't stable. Dude couldn't even be bothered to slap his crew of misfits around. Meanwhile Zeta Bright would get down in it and beat up his crew. Watching two grown ass men fight to the death arguing over some woman that died 13 years ago is some World Star shit.

bigkrev

79th place.

Top 10 is this:
Neo-Tokyo
My Neighbor Totaro
Patlabor 2
Perfect Blue
The Wind Rises
Paprika
Ghost in the Shell
Grave of the Fireflies
Spirited Away
Akira

Yeah I saw a lot of schlock on there. Ninja Scroll is in 22nd. Are they serious?

Yeah, GITS is a pretty movie to look at and was one of those "hey, it's the first thing I watched" to people of a certain age, but the movie is shit. It would be hard for the live action version to be worse than it

Man God

Non-Canon Member

+1

Bright is pretty far off in ZZ.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Also, having Broly on that movie list but not One Piece movie 6 (the Hosoda one) is ridiculous. Hell, Dead End Adventure and Strong World would be better picks, too.

I mean, having Broly on the list at all is plain goofy, but especially at the expense of some things that didn't make the cut.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So a certain One Piece character, one people love to hate, returns in the new movie. It's
Spandam.

The dub voice actor put out a clip of his work for the film. Obviously has some movie spoilers.
*some vague spoileryness ahead*

Considering they pretty prominently promoted
Rob Lucci
being in the film, anybody who was caught up on the series would know that that character should logically be there as well.

Given some of the side characters in the movie, I imagine Film Gold spoils quite a few fairly major developments for people who aren't up to date with the series. Just as a little bit of warning.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
There's one character in the movie I'm really curious about.
One week until I go see it! Who else is going?

Chase17

Do I need to watch the gits movie or will I be able to go straight into stand alone complex when it starts next month?

Or maybe I should wait for the live action movie to be my first gits viewing experience.

Do I need to watch the gits movie or will I be able to go straight into stand alone complex when it starts next month?

Or maybe I should wait for the live action movie to be my first gits viewing experience.
I don't think you need to watch the original GITS to watch GITSAC cause nobody acts the way they do in the series as they did in the movie. The Major herself got a personality upgrade for GITSAC.

Chase17

I don't think you need to watch the original GITS to watch GITSAC cause nobody acts the way they do in the series as they did in the movie. The Major herself got a personality upgrade for GITSAC.
Thanks. I should get around to watching it at some point but good to know it won't be essential for the series.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

GITS (and Innocence) and Stand Alone Complex take place in similar but different universes.

Grexeno

Reposting for a new thread! Only a few days left to submit your noms!

Nominations are now open for the 2016 ToonamiGAF Awards!

Yes, another year has passed, which means it's about time for 5 people to engage in mortal combat over a set of categories to determine the best and worst of Toonami in 2016!

Nominations are being accepted for the following categories:

Worst Moment
Best Moment
Best Fight
Best Villian
Worst Character
Best Character
Biggest Disappointment
Best Surprise
Most Wanted New Show
Best Performance by a Voice Actor
Best Performance by a Voice Actress

All shows which aired new episodes this year are eligible. For shows which began before this year and aired new episodes this year, only those episodes that aired this year are eligible (please refer to MetatronM's post from the beginning of the year.

You may make up to 3 nominations for each category.

Feel free to post your nominations in the thread, but please also PM them to me, or I cannot guarantee your nominations will be accepted.

Nominations will close at midnight on January 6th!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This isn't Yo-kai Watch where they replace a good opening with a really awful one and NEVER FUCKING CHANGE IT WHAT THE FUCK LEVEL-5?!

Sorry sorry...

Regiruler

I need to sit down and really focus on my nominations.

Oy, does this sound like our hatted friend from over yonder? Or is that putting too much emphasis on the accent, which leaves it open to poor conventions should someone come from a better linguistics background?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like any nominations that I can think of will already be covered by most people here. I'll have to look back at my rough draft nominations in the previous thread & see if I can remember stuff from earlier in the year, i.e. Akame ga Kill & Dimension W.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It won't win, but probably one of the best moments in Dimension W was when the main dude punched that one guy who was all "yo dawg, imma gonna bring up my spotify playlist while you fight this guy, ya hear?"

Hell, it was easily the only good moment from that Easter Island arc.

........too bad Loser didn't get enough character development & DIED before we got to know more of him to be nominated for best character since he looks like he could easily fit in with the Persona 5 cast.

cntr

Banned
So much blasphemy in this post...

Dafuq is Re:Zero and should I watch it?
(Spoilers for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable and Re:Zero)

I haven't watched it, but I know that
it's about a world with Bites the Dust-like mechanics.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I never watched SAO cause I heard it was shit.
u ain't a true toonamigaf member unless you sit through sao

....both seasons

That still was the most fun I had hate-watching a series, holy hell did it invoke the anger out of people, S1 E24 is still the most hilarious episode to read the reactions to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom