• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

150226_SLATEST_TheDress-proof590.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

What am I looking at here

RocknRola

You keep saying that, but she wasn't in the original Dragon Ball. She only shown to 'have a temper' when she was angry for reasons that would make normal people angry: being patted in the privates and someone forgetting they were supposed to marry them.

Before then, she wasn't shown with a snap temper, lashing out, being overprotected, embraced martial arts and even took it up herself, and never once mentioned wanting an education. All these things were added in Z, especially with her calling martial arts a waste of time, when it was something she had no problem with originally and adored Goku for being so strong.

Even before that, Chi-Chi was trained as a fighter or at least self-defense, as was noted in the first story arc. This is the same person who beheaded a dinosaur and vaporized him. She also threw a boomerang at Roshi's head.

Videl didn't really have a role in Z after she bowed out going after Buu.

From what I have seen, there is only one panel of Toppo kicking Goku, not enough to say he 'beat' him since that isn't all the fight. Unless I missed something.

What do you mean Chichi wasn’t in the OG DB? Wut.

Also she literally trained to get strong enough to beat a dude that “broke” a promise from her childhood. Completely normal lol Her “temper” wasn’t really just a “temper” at that point. That woman has anger issues and has had them since DB.

She doesn’t want an education for her. She wants it for her sons. Which is fairly normal for a mom, any mom even one in the DB Universe. And it’s also fairly normal for a mom to be protective, even more so considering what both her kids ended up facing early on.

Again, that’s not a change. Yet I really give no shits about Chichi.

I do care what they did to Videl. And there is no real justification for it either.

With that I end my part in this discussion as we’re just going in circles at this point.

Morlas

Your monitor must be messed up, because that's purple.
4RcfjOn.png

It's desaturated and fairly dark, but still very clearly purple.

so it's a purple that's really close to being dark grey.

also i wouldn't blame someone with weak color vision for calling that black, so i don't know why we're making a deal out of this in the first place

so it's a purple that's really close to being dark grey.

also i wouldn't blame someone with weak color vision for calling that black, so i don't know why we're making a deal out of this in the first place
If you think these two are really close to each other then your monitor must be messed up, or you have some issues seeing color.
8o4snUv.png

It don't like it because it's an outright wrong description of a character that they added in themselves and is another example of how messy the Funimation dub is.

HeroR

What do you mean Chichi wasn't in the OG DB? Wut.

Also she literally trained to get strong enough to beat a dude that ”broke" a promise from her childhood. Completely normal lol Her ”temper" wasn't really just a ”temper" at that point. That woman has anger issues and has had them since DB.

She doesn't want an education for her. She wants it for her sons. Which is fairly normal for a mom, any mom even one in the DB Universe. And it's also fairly normal for a mom to be protective, even more so considering what both her kids ended up facing early on.

Again, that's not a change. Yet I really give no shits about Chichi.

I do care what they did to Videl. And there is no real justification for it either.

With that I end my part in this discussion as we're just going in circles at this point.

Meant to say wasn't like that.

That isn't why she trained since she didn't know Goku forget the promised until she went to the tournament.

Protective and over-protective are two different things, especially her not wanting Gohan to fight at all, even for sport, despite it being something she did herself and something she fell in loved with Goku for.

This is a change, you just don't care enough about the character unlike with Videl.

Does it even really matter what color it is?

Of all the things to complain about the dub for we're getting close to bitch eating crackers moment here.

Huh?

Massicot

Meant to say wasn't like that.

That isn't why she trained since she didn't know Goku forget the promised until she went to the tournament.

Protective and over-protective are two different things, especially her not wanting Gohan to fight at all, even for sport, despite it being something she did herself and something she fell in loved with Goku for.

This is a change, you just don't care enough about the character unlike with Videl.

Huh?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bitch Eating Crackers

Morlas

i mean i'll admit when i'm wrong and yeah when you put them side by side like that the difference is obvious
my color recognition is shit, not my vision
but i'm gonna stand by the fact that making a big deal about goku calling him the guy in black is super nitpicky and honestly everybody knew who he was talking about anyway so i still don't know why a deal is being made out of this

caliph95

We actually don't know if Toppo beats Goku since the fight isn't complete. That is assumed what happened.

It's best wait for the entire chapter before making conclusions.
Well it's gone
No, Toppo straight up knocks Goku out of the arena.
And it's back
But doesn't mean Goku lost since Sibra was ringed out last chapter and he's back fighting in this chapter.
I'm just going to wait

Ashodin

Holy shot the black Hit discussion is on some sonic green eyes shit

Could it be that Goku is a little colorblind? Nah

Also if spoilers are true for the manga, Gohan gonna look even better if speculation pans out.

Zomba13

Speaking of Hit wearing black and all that, I'm still confused why Super Saiyan Blue is called that when their hair clearly goes green.

What's with all the small changes between the manga and anime? are they improving what we have already seen or is the anime just different to be more entertaining?

I don't get why everyone's so happy about this, I'm pretty indifferent to it tbh

Gives Goku an even harder reason to train and go in IMO. There's a difference between
getting your ass beat and tying with an opponent who could possibly be stronger. Definitely puts more weight on his, and the readers, shoulders and is far more intense.

Top Bottom