• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nuketown 2025 no longer coming to the Wii U version of Black Ops 2?

BY2K

Membero Americo
EDIT: Confirmed by Amazon.

Hello from XXXXXXX at Amazon.com,

Hi Major Scud, I am very sorry that I was so late in getting back to you today and checking to see if the marketing team had emailed you with a response. I still don't see that they have responded to our request, but it has become known to me that this map isn't supported by the Wii U platform.

Because the 2025 Nuketown map isn't supported on the Wii U and that was the reason for the change taking place on the website. I am very sorry for any misunderstanding concerning this bonus offer that you won't receive with the Wii U version of this game.

I can see that one of my colleagues has already issued you a promotional credit for the problem and the delay in us notifying you about the status.

I appreciate your patience and hope you will give us the chance to serve you better in the future.

I also hope you will be able to use the credit to purchase something that you will truly enjoy! Thanks so much for shopping at Amazon.com.

http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/preorder
http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/104791
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I0GD06/?tag=neogaf0e-20

These 3 pages no longer refer at all the Wii U version including the Nuketown 2025 DLC map.
The F.A.Q on http://community.callofduty.com/com...black_ops_2/blog/2012/06/30/nuketown-2025-faq also doesn't mention the Wii U version of the map anymore.

And (need confirmation):

I agree, the whole process to this, it is in the unboxing thread. That info should go to new thread too. Activision even took videos down because the code for the map was not there.

http://www.videogamer.com/wiiu/call..._ops_2_on_wii_u_will_include_dlc_support.html The unboxing video included in this article mentioned the map for the Wii U version. This video was taken down by Activision.

Question is: why!?

EDIT: Web cache of the Black Ops 2 website where we clearly see that the map was supposed to come to the Wii U version. http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=ht...lang=en-US&w=DVlSIf_Kyv35_JJKfA64eMu3G41xpNdq

Robot Pants

it-has-begun.jpeg

antonz

Would be odd since they did say preorders would get it. Probably decided to try and nickel and dime which would be a mistake. They try that and ill just cancel my preorder

suaveric

If it was everywhere up until this week, it sounds like there was a mistake in the packaging. Rather than having to recall all the already shipped games, they just removed the mention of the map from all the websites. Hopefully they'll offer it for free to make up for this.

Vamphuntr

Would be odd since they did say preorders would get it. Probably decided to try and nickel and dime which would be a mistake. They try that and ill just cancel my preorder

Maybe Nintendo have not finalized plans yet about how to handle DLC for WiiU? Any other launch games with DLC codes?

Malvingt2

Black Ops 2 on Wii U will include DLC support

The Wii U version of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 will include support for downloadable content, the game's packaging has allegedly confirmed.

According to YouTube user darthvargi16, who claims to have received a copy of the Wii U game over a week ahead of its North American launch, the back of the Black Ops 2 box states that the game includes support for "online multiplayer, add-on content, leaderboards [and] voice chat", alongside the Nintendo Network logo.

DLC support for the Wii U version of Black Ops 2 has yet to be confirmed by Activision.

Last month, the publisher simply said that it was "working with Nintendo on the possibility of releasing the Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 DLC Map Packs and the DLC Season Pass for this new gaming platform".

If real, the game's case appears to suggest that the pair worked things out.

However, according to darthvargi16, the Wii U version of Black Ops 2 does not come supplied with the Nuketown 2025 map, the bonus map offered free to those who pick up a day one SKU on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

But all may not be lost. Another user who claims to have received the Wii U game early from Amazon states that the retailer supplied him with a code to download the map after contacting Amazon support.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 launches on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC next Tuesday, November 13. A Wii U version is due to ship alongside the console on November 30.

http://www.videogamer.com/wiiu/call..._ops_2_on_wii_u_will_include_dlc_support.html

if you click a the link and try to watch the video in the article, video is down thanks to Activision..lol

popeutlal

Ridley327

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
We got our copies in today, so I can confirm that it does say it supports DLC, but the box makes no mention of Nuketown 2025 being included; the space on the back is used instead to promote the Wii U exclusive features.

Is it possible for you to comment on whether or not if the game supports the gamepad outisde of splitscreen multiplayer?

Ridley327

Is it possible for you to comment on whether or not if the game supports the gamepad outisde of splitscreen multiplayer?

It supports off-TV play, but it's not specified if it's just single player or if it works across all modes.

Nintendo reaaaaaaaally needs to make off-TV play an icon, because the only mention of it on the boxes are in the info blurbs under the screenshots, like on Batman: Arkham City and now CODBLOPS2.

Derrick01

Banned
Do people not like Nuketown?

No it's the most popular map in black ops, but we all know the majority of the COD audience's intelligence isn't amazing to begin with. It's probably the worst map I've ever played in any COD. I always backed out when it came up in lobbies.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
first no live streaming, now no Nuketown

I don't want to overreact, but hopefully there's a game disc inside the BLOPS2 box

No it's the most popular map in black ops, but we all know the majority of the COD audience's intelligence isn't amazing to begin with. It's probably the worst map I've ever played in any COD. I always backed out when it came up in lobbies.
Didnt they eventually make a playlist just for nuketown because people kept picking it? I can understand the dislike when you want some variety.

I think we should all email Activision and Amazon(if you got it at Amazon). Enough complaints, and they'll notice and address it officially, instead of letting things slide.

Somebody should send this to ********** also. Everyone needs to know about this.

CronoShot

This is some bull fucking shit.

Tempted to cancel my preorder and put it towards Ninja Gaiden 3. Not really because of map itself (Nuketown sucks in Black Ops), but this is blatant false advertising. If Activision doesn't fix or at least announce a fix by launch day, forget it.

AcciDante

Seriously. I think people's love of Nuketown was the final straw for me with COD.

I liked it on Wii, but the significant lower player counts might had something to do with it.

Yeah on Wii it's really fine because it's just 5vs5. I imagine having 18 players that small map must be hell.

Also, I have a hunch that it will be available for free anyway for a limited time.

Someone or something has obviously fucked up or they wouldn't have listed Nuketown up until people started discovering it wasn't in their copies.

King_Moc

Banned
The main problem with this map, is that everyone picks it when there's achoice. It's ashit map! mot tactics, just kills/deaths constantly.

I'm surprised Activision didn't take the hint. It seems they can get away with just releasing tiny, badly designed maps. In fact, just put everyone together in one room. Easy.

popeutlal

I think I'll get the PS3 version now and a used copy of Wii U version later in the year.

Wonder who screwed up. Nintendo, where the couldn't get their online service plans to Activision in time or Activision, where they simply forgot to put the codes in the box.

Top Bottom