• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360: $50 Price Cut coming (weekend of 7/6)

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Source (via N4G).

0626081219b.jpg
0626081219a.jpg
0626081219.jpg

h3ro

Any word on the Arcade and Elite?

Its a nice drop, but I expected it to be more than $50. I thought they would match the Pro's price point with that of the Wii, but they'll probably do that with the Arcade...

300$ for a 360 premium?

Absolutely no excuse not to pick one of these up. The software selection is really good and the new hardware changes are fairly solid as well.

I think this will be the 360's last price drop myself. If guys don't eat this up then its because they just don't want it for whatever reason. The price, hardware, and software is absolutely there at this point.

botticus

Dark FaZe said:
300$ for a 360 premium?

Absolutely no excuse not to pick one of these up. The software selection is really good and the new hardware changes are fairly solid as well.

I think this will be the 360's last price drop myself. If guys don't eat this up then its because they just don't want it for whatever reason. The price, hardware, and software is absolutely there at this point.
Heh, I certainly hope it's not their last price drop.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
h3ro said:
Any word on the Arcade and Elite?

Its a nice drop, but I expected it to be more than $50. I thought they would match the Pro's price point with that of the Wii, but they'll probably do that with the Arcade...

The pics just show the Premium.

neptunes

is this for all sku's?

then that means the core sku will be... :O

I hope that rumor about microsoft allowing 3rd party accessories is true.

cheap HDD's

duk

Banned
wow good stuff, bring it MS

arcade and elite needs one too, im sure arcade will get a 30 dollar price drop because if it doesn't there will be only a $20 diff from the prem

burgerdog

What will this put the core at? I'm interested in picking one up to have an hdmi 360 and just place my 360's current HD on it.

harSon

Banned
Good, Microsoft needed it. I've been telling friends interested in purchasing an Xbox 360 to wait for a price drop.

DangerStepp

That's pretty tempting for anyone looking on that side of the fence. Great software and XboxLive--the more the merrier.

ZeoVGM

Banned
PhatSaqs said:

Uh, no. Why should they get rid of the elite? That's completely retarded.

20 GB is horrible. There needs to be a high-gig model because of everything they're doing with HD and downloadable content. In no way is it dumb to have a high end model as an extra choice.

C4Lukins

PhatSaqs said:

Why get rid of the Elite? It sells, and it is a much better deal then buying a seperate harddrive. Of course they could just make that cheaper, but it does not really serve any negative purpose now that it has been around so long and all three systems are the same outside of the extras they include.

dyls

Wow. I might well have bit had I not just purchased a PS3 for $275, a deal which I got thanks to, hilariously, Microsoft.

Guybrush Threepwood said:
Would dropping the Arcade's price under $250 (cost of the Wii) have any effect at all?

I doubt the $20 difference now is what's making scads of people choose the Wii over the 360 Arcade.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Would this be a good time to trade in a 360 for credit at one of the game stores & rebuy a new HDMI one when the drops hits?

Philthy

burgerdog said:
It will never change, unless they reduce the disc speed.

They could always opt to use a quiet drive. My DVD drive in my PC is silent. Unless they're using some 150x DVD drive that aren't available elsewhere.

C4Lukins

FTWer said:
Would this be a good time to trade in a 360 for credit at one of the game stores & rebuy a new HDMI one when the drops hits?

That is what I did when the better quality models came out. It certainly reduced the constant worries of it breaking down again, but I am not sure how much money you can get these days.

The pricecut could just be to move the premiums if the new 60gb premiums are actually going to happen. Then they will cut the price on the rest of the models once they are introduced.

Meier

:( A $100 price cut on the Elite sure would be nice.. I'd definitely trade in my old one towards it. I don't think I'll bite with it at $400.

djkimothy

_leech_ said:
$300 for a Premium, nice. Note to Microsoft: REMEMBER CANADIAN PARITY.

Yah this, now that I'm moving out to start a new job in a smaller city, this might be tempting to kill my lonesome time. :/

sangreal

dyls said:
Wow. I might well have bit had I not just purchased a PS3 for $275, a deal which I got thanks to, hilariously, Microsoft.

That same deal would have gotten you a 360 for cheaper, yet you opted for a PS3. So no you obviously would not have bit if this price drop came before your PS3 purchase.

GhaleonEB

Interesting timing. I thought they'd do it before GTA IV, and when it didn't happen I assumed they were holding off until the holidays. The timing here probably means they'll do another holiday bundle rather than a second round of cuts.

And Microsoft said last year, when Sony cut the PS3 price at E3, that it doesn't make sense to cut in the middle of the summer like that, unless you're forced to.

Mmmm.

Also curious how the other SKUs get cut. A $50 accross the board would be nice, but I doubt that's coming. Dropping the price on the $100 and $180 HDD would be nice too. And also, a pony.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
dyls said:
I doubt the $20 difference now is what's making scads of people choose the Wii over the 360 Arcade.

Main issue with the arcade is lack of HDD. Just get rid of the Arcade model, MS.

Top Bottom