• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dropbox - Dropquest 2011 (50gb up for grabs to the fastest, 1gb for everyone)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dropbox is having their Dropquest 2011, which is an internet scavenge hunt. I can't access their IRC channel for help, and the power of GAF far outweighs their community, I was hoping GAF could collectively get in on this, and while doing it score some free dropbox space. Here's the info posted:

The Details:

Who: You!
What: Dropquest is a multi-step scavenger hunt that will test your wits and knowledge. Expect to hop around the Dropbox site and the internet to find answers to easy and not-so-easy puzzles.
When: Saturday January 15, 2011 11:00 AM PST (7:00 PM GMT).
Where: Dropquest 2011 Official Starting Zone
Prizes:

Completion: 1 GB for life
Dropquest will also be timed, and the fastest finishers will be rewarded with even more fantastic prizes.

Platinum: (1) Dropbox hoodie (Psychobox), LIMITED EDITION Dropbox Hack Week t-shirt (actual design), Dropbox drawing signed by the Dropbox team, 50 GB for life!
Gold: (10) Dropbox hoodie (Psychobox), Dropbox print signed by the Dropbox team, 10 GB for life!
Silver: (20) Dropbox t-shirt (Psychobox), 5 GB for life!
Bronze: (50) 2 GB for life!
...and a few secret prizes too!

Starting zone - https://www.dropbox.com/dropquest2011

So far I'm at step 4, and stuck there.

slidewinder said:

Could be a reference to the 100 year war?

(also, would you mind helping the rest of us up to speed with the other quests up to 8?)

raphier said:
Apparently they already have a winner for this and are demanding people to stop stressing the forums (laughs)

I think they're referring to step 2, and everyone posting 284 on the forums forcing it to die.

giga

Does everyone else have the same one?

g0ody

step 13

Good to have you back. I knew that you had more fight in you than that ;).
Here's your next hint:

I remember reading a book of haikus a few years ago. If I recall correctly, my favorite one was on page 18.

EDIT: thanks google "dropbox haikus page 18" http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=18&page=18&replies=1173

Congrats on finding step 14 of Dropquest! This thread holds some special meaning to us at the team, because it showcases how great (and poetically talented) our community is. If possible, I'd like to feature more stuff like this in the future too :)

All of us here at Dropbox are really thankful for the forums because you guys seem to take care of yourselves awfully well, not to mention it's probably the friendliest forum I've come across on the internet. So thanks! You guys are awesome!

Anyway, here's your next hint, in haiku form!

There was a blog post
mentioning Asian cuisine
Next step awaits you

vazel

Banned
People, please keep posting the answers! Let's help each other out here. I just want the free space not the joy of actually solving these riddles. Edit: Thanks giga.
quadriplegicjon said:
Yo know how on the top it says here is 50MB or whatever, is it actually adding that to your account?
Yes, if you have the dropbox app running in your tray it should have notification pop-ups everytime space is added.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Can't figure out step 13. Trying to find something related to asian cuisine on their blog with no luck

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
vazel said:
Edit: Thanks giga.Yes, if you have the dropbox app running in your tray it should have notification pop-ups everytime space is added.

It hasn't been doing that. :/

Should I start from the beginning again?

EDIT

Never mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom