• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus’ Studio Zero working on non-Project Re Fantasy title

I searched a lot but couldn't find anything.

“Studio Zero was by no means formed to only work on fantasy titles,” Hashino told the website. “Other than the existing fantasy [game], there is another project in motion.”

The interviewer, freelance writer Mafia Kajita, responded with surprise. “Ooh, seriously?!”

Hasino replied, “I cannot share details yet, but we’re preparing for it to make you say, ‘What, you’re doing that, too!?’ I think we’ll be able to show everyone that one first. Of course, I hope everyone can look also forward to future information on Project Re Fantasy, so thank you in advance.”
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/09/atlus-st...-project-re-fantasy-title#aLppqbirS0PChjiZ.99

Lock me in a nightmare with fellow sheep if old.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Follow up to Catherine? Or new IP. It doesn't matters I'm hyped.
6IjYKvr.gif

But it'd be a Studio Zero effort. P Studio (Persona team) is a different group altogether.

There is just no way Studio Zero can make another title while developing Project re Fantasy without getting Persona team to help out. They just don't have the manpower.

Maybe they'll prove me wrong.

There is just no way Studio Zero can make another title while developing Project re Fantasy without getting Persona team to help out. They just don't have the manpower.

I don't know why you think they'd pull from their far bigger project instead of just outsourcing assets or pulling from their corporate owner's many other studios.

Zyrox

Him saying they'll probably be showing whatever that is before Re: Fantasy suggests to me that it's either a smaller scale project or heavily based on something old (i.e. a remake of something or the already suggested Catherine 2 using the first game's template). Either way, that's cool news.

Strings

Yup. Catherine 2 would throw a wrench into development of P6. We'd probably have to wait another 5-8 years for another Persona game.

Didn't the head of Atlus mention the current P-Studio was well into developing the next Persona already? It was during the interviews they did while hiring.

Pretty sure it's going to be a remake or an iterative entry, Persona 4 style, with a relatively quick turnaround.

That said, it feels like a Catherine 2 / new Golden Playhouse project would put Studio Zero at least 2-3 years behind on Project Re: Fantasy.

Zukkoyaki

I wouldn't expect anything major. Perhaps a smaller title for the new team to get their feet wet and establish some chemistry before going all in on Re: Fantasy.

The Golden Playhouse setting would work very well.

Pretty clearly a followup to Catherine in some way.

I doubt that Re Fantasy is even being developed right now. Probably most of the development is happening on this game, while early pre-production stuff is happening for Re Fantasy. No need for P-Studio staff to help out.

Will this be at TGS, or is that too early? When was that report we saw on Persona Central that teased something with Gooden Playhouse?

Mariip

They have a major recruitment campaign going on, the golden playhouse teaser we got a few days ago was in a video showing how atlus works and calling for people who would like to work with them to send resumes, the name of the show was "golden recruitment program" as they intend to expand atlus' business

sauce

i wish they'd hire me

i-Jest

I'm sure it's something out of left field. Something so far out there that no one even considered it, like a Megami Tensei remake...I joke I joke!

If it's not Golden House, please be a Shin Magami Tensei IF remake.

Gotta be an already established IP, no way they let them make 2 New IPs
For some reason I can't get the thought of Persona 5-2 out of my mind.
Well whatever give me Catherine 2 please.

Ydelnae

so they are the ones remaking 3

I would expect a Persona 3 Remake or a Persona 5 expansion to be developed by the new team in charge of the Persona series so they can experiment with the basis. It makes more sense for the first Studio Zero game to be a experimental title for HD platforms, with no necessary ties to the Persona franchise.

Top Bottom