• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson: Xbox One and 360 Were The Top Selling Consoles In December...in USA

NPD: Xbox One and Xbox 360 were the top selling consoles for each generation in the US in December. 908k (Xbox One) and 643k (Xbox 360)

Source: Major Nelson on Twitter
So 908,000 for the Xbox One and 643,000 for the Xbox 360. Not bad.

Also confirmed by another Microsoft worker's twitter, Aaron Greenberg.
#NPD reports Xbox One #1 selling console in Dec, 360 sold well too. Big thanks to our fans for all the support!

Amir0x

Banned
inb4 us only

It's not like this comment of yours is illuminating however - the tweet specifically says NPD, so it's North America, and in any event, the vast, vast, vast majority of XBO's sales have come from the USA, where demand has been met at last with excess supply. Everywhere else in the world has become a dry dock.

Meanwhile, as hard as Sony tried, they shipped in more than 50 countries (vs. 13, in which only UK and US was of concern to MS), of which demand is high in many of them, and even though they diverted stock to the USA, every report we've had suggested they were unable to meet demand. Amazon been taking pre-orders for January shipments. I mean, it's crazy.

lockload said:
In before xbox one on sale in many less countries than ps4

Neither is this comment illuminating - Microsoft specifically did not ship in more than 13 countries because they knew they did not have the supply to. Sony shipped in more countries because they thought they could do it, and the demand was there. Most countries could give a shit about XBO. PS4 is a global brand, Xbox is increasingly a US-only brand. Even UK is no longer a frontier for Microsoft.

You could put the numbers instead of trying to be first.

908k (Xbox One) and 643k (Xbox 360)
I thought it'd be more fun to have people actually come into the thread and see the numbers, instead of spoiling it in the title. :p Numbers are front and center, top of the post.

Thoraxes

If they were the top selling, I feel bad for the PS4.

Since they exclude the handhelds, I wonder where the 3DS ends up.

Kusagari

Xbone numbers seem low to me.

With the plentiful stock it should have been better than simply steady with November.

Gaz_RB

I didn't doubt that this would happen. I really don't think all of Microsoft PR problems early in the year had as big of an effect on the XB1's sales as many on GAF thought they would.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
That's a lot for a $500 machine. Impressive and slightly baffling showing for 360, can't believe there were 643,000 people interested in a system 8 years down the road.

Nori Chan

It's not like this comment of yours is illuminating however - the tweet specifically says NPD, so it's North America, and in any event, the vast, vast, vast majority of XBO's sales have come from the USA, where demand has been met at last with excess supply. Everywhere else in the world has become a dry dock.
t.
Op didn't state it so I just helped him out before people started to bombard him.

Occam

Well done, but they basically won December in North America because Sony couldn't ship more, not because there was more demand for Xbone, so this probably won't be a lasting victory.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
"Xbox says it won't be updating sales numbers again until Jan 23 w/ earnings announcement. Not sure what that means for NPD numbers."

Apparently that changed when they got ahead in the race. :-D

Top Bottom