• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Strain S4 |OT| ZaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAACH

raindoc

I want him to deny the Master and then have his throat torn out as the girl he's trying to finesse walks in and starts kissing the Master.

They both look down at him as the last shred of life leaves his body and the master shifts into his mom again and says I always hated you and spits in his face.

cv6sBLu.jpg

Lorcain

That episode was a snoozer. There's so much they could do with the story, but we get a shoot out with a bunch of nobodies and a c section that led to the human harvest reveal...which we already knew about.

The close ups they kept doing of the one guy giving Gus angry looks was soap opera bad. We get it, he doesn't like Gus winning over his guys, we're not stupid. We also know there's going to be some kind of show down between the two since they spent so much time with the angry close ups. I wish shows wouldn't handle the audience like we're morons.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Belly of the Beast

Fet and Quinlan are hot on the trail of a convoy carrying their prized nuclear weapon. Also: Eph and Alex search for clues to uncover the Master's plan for the fate of the human race and Dutch is trapped by a familiar enemy and encounters an old friend.

Man.... They nerfed Quinlan in this season's latest patch, huh? Something like:

As of patch 4.01, the following will be reduced in their effectiveness:

Quinlan - Reduced overall speed, reduced overall regeneration times when injured, reduced his accuracy and range of his attacks.

It suuuuuuucks for Dutch and her buddies.

Also forgot about the kawaii desu suitcase, lmao. Yup these guys are just fucking with heir audiences right now.

Steejee

I watched this show for part of season 1 (and S4E1), but have followed reviews on the AVClub and reactions here ever since. Bless you all for suffering for the benefit of people like me.

I watched this show for part of season 1 (and S4E1), but have followed reviews on the AVClub and reactions here ever since. Bless you all for suffering for the benefit of people like me.

You're welcome.

Those damn mercs are garbage. Why are they running away at the first sight of a Strigoi? I'm pretty sure they've seen alot worse.

Master's waifu has a Strigoi fetish, lol. Played Quinlan like a damn fiddle. One thing I do like about The Strain's Master's are how tall they are, but then you get to their faces and it all falls apart lol.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
There was more action in that one, at least.

Also, what was the point of the flashbacks? Why is it relevant to show the Master killing some priest in 1800s London?

Well, those guards were completely useless.

You mean the "mongrels"? I don't even know why Quinlan was hyping them up when they went down just as easily as any of the regular Strigoi.

Can dodge bullets.

Cannot dodge clumsily thrown Malatov cocktail.

lol

How many more episodes we got left? Lol.

5. That was the halfway point of the season.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
is there a lot of ppl watching this show? I am surprised something this bad get 4 seasons.

Good enough to get 4 seasons, but not good enough to get 5. (the show was originally intended to last either 3 seasons if it wasn't all that successful or 5 if it was a hit. The show ended up being somewhere in the middle so they split the difference and we got 4)

You mean the "mongrels"? I don't even know why Quinlan was hyping them up when they went down just as easily as any of the regular Strigoi.

I was talking about the armed guards who were unable to stop Dutch and a group of pregnant women, but you have a point about the mongrels.

DeviantBoi

Is this the final season? Or is there one more?

I feel like the season is almost ending and there's no end game in sight.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Quinlan rocking the shades was probably the only redeemable part of this episode.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I laughed at how hard Quinlan was struggling to win a battle against a random stragoi on top of that 18 wheeler.

To be fair, he was injured a few episodes ago.
He should be healed by now, but the writers decided to nerf him for the time being I guess

mackattk

It's nice to know that scene of Eph sparing the infected woman was rendered pointless near the end of the episode.

and how quickly she went from seemingly normal to fully turned. eph's line at the end was amazing though.

"oh my god. we aren't the farmers... we are the livestock"

Must have missed that. This storyline is much more complex than I have the attention span for.

Just messing with ya, lol. It was mentioned that they were called Mongrels and they made sure to show how scared Quinlan were of them, but then we see him taking care of them like nothing later. :shrugs:

After Ephs reactions to things this season, I predict the final episode will have the nuke blowing the master up and Eph, not realising nuclear bombs lead to explosions, dies in the blast. The end.

Top Bottom