• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Trailer is win. Will ad to OP for 146.

So I've been playing Diablo 3 on one of my monitors while I have That 70's Show running on the other. Last night I was up till midnight enjoying both and as a result paid the price.

I had a dream where I was running around with Kelso killing demons, vampires and all manner of creatures and looting their corpses. I had my dog with me also, must be because I'm playing Witch Doctor with his pets.

Anyway lot's of fun killing and looting. The last part was the best, somehow I could fly and I was running around picking up gems while trying to hold onto my dog, so I was like that "too many limes" guy dropping them all over the place. A big vampire witch thing came out and chased us so I started to fly up with the dog, gems and Kelso hanging of my legs. She grabbed me by the legs as well and I ended up stabbing her in the eye with a pencil so she would let go.

Was really good, had to be there.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Seriously, why the f do you guys watch prelims.

cuz well ....just for example...the Strikeforce Grand Prix Champ isn't long from his stint on the Challenger Series..which is basically a whole show of Prelim guys..

I get that the majority of Prelims are eh..but sometimes there are some fun fights and the Prelim headliners are usually moving to the big show ..so its nice to know who they are

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
OnGjk.jpg

From the funny pic thread, needs to happen at 148.

yacobod

Banned
glad i started the cormier war wagon.

punk thompson whooped gilberts ass last night.

left to die by zuffa strikeforce event totally shit on the ultimate last night.

smh.

Heel

Niggas pray and pray on my downfall
But everytime I hit the ground I bounce up like roundball
Look scrapper I got nephews to look after
I'm not looking at you dudes, I'm looking past you

tzKci.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i wonder if they will bring in barnett. he seems like he'd fit in nicely right below the top level of hws there. sure he's an 8-time roider but it's been years since he got into trouble and anyway the standard for a ufc posterboy nowadays is not having more than two strippers in the car when you wrap it around a telephone pole so barnett checks out

Floex

The backlash begins with Gilbert it seems :rollseyes:

Whatever way you want to look at it, it was a close fight to call. If Thomson pushed earlier in the fight I would have said he would have won that but Gilbert had his number in the first two, Thomson the last two and the third being split down the middle

The 'fans' booing after that match, idiots. It was bloody brilliant fight that has to be said

The topic title says it best 'When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.'

The Barnett/Cromier fight was superb as well. Infact all the fights had something about them, DAT standing submission :D

Such a shame Strikeforce is being torn apart, rarely let down by an event

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Whatever way you want to look at it, it was a close fight to call. If Thomson pushed earlier in the fight I would have said he would have won that but Gilbert had his number in the first two, Thomson the last two and the third being split down the middle

The 'fans' booing after that match, idiots. It was bloody brilliant fight that has to be said

The topic title says it best 'When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.'

The Barnett/Cromier fight was superb as well. Infact all the fights had something about them, DAT standing submission :D

Breh, I've been calling Gil a can for months. He looked mediocre against Masvidal too and against most guys who aren't Japanese.

DKehoe

Gold Member
On the Wrestling Observer board FrontRowBrian is saying Nick Diaz has gone missing, his hearing before the NSAC is today and no one knows where he is.

Floex

Breh, I've been calling Gil a can for months. He looked mediocre against Masvidal too and against most guys who aren't Japanese.

C'mon, he's in no way a shit fighter. This moniker of being best pound for pound in his weightclass, now that is highly debatable and just seems nothing more than tagline from Strikeforce to make him more of a star. At the end of the day he brings the game each time he fights and is highly entertaining to watch yet people still hate. I haven't watched UFC in months due to the 'cans' filling fight cards, matches I couldn't give a damn about. I can't remember when I saw a boring Gilbert fight. Strikeforce put on a great event last night, very rarely do they put on a bad card, more power to them

On the Wrestling Observer board FrontRowBrian is saying Nick Diaz has gone missing, his hearing before the NSAC is today and no one knows where he is.

lol.gif
Seriously, what is going through this guys head at the moment? Homie should lay off the weed for a bit

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Nah man JDS vs future ProElite HW champion Ryan Martinez.

I am eternally curious as to when ProElite 4 will take place. Strikeforce managed to limp across the finish line of their HW Grand Prix, ProElite should be able to do the same.

Plus I need to see if Reagan Penn's narcolepsy has got any better.

yacobod

Banned
What's the funniest part of this? Bones Jones driving drunk? Bones Jones driving drunk at 5am? Bones Jones totalling the Bentley he bragged about owning? Bones Jones being bailed out by his mommy?

I don't know how I missed this on my radar.

L
O
L

Heel

Welcome, friend. Stay a while.

Yeah, It's almost like they didn't see the first two fights. I figured Gil had progressed a little more than Josh since the last fight, but turned out to be an awesome trilogy.

C'mon, he's in no way a shit fighter. This moniker of being best pound for pound in his weightclass, now that is highly debatable and just seems nothing more than tagline from Strikeforce to make him more of a star. At the end of the day he brings the game each time he fights and is highly entertaining to watch yet people still hate. I haven't watched UFC in months due to the 'cans' filling fight cards, matches I couldn't give a damn about. I can't remember when I saw a boring Gilbert fight. Strikeforce put on a great event last night, very rarely do they put on a bad card, more power to them

Exactly. How can people hate Gil? Do you guys not enjoy being entertained? He puts on a show and scraps with anyone who's willing. That's why I'm such a big fan of his. Masvidal shelled up after eating 1-2's all night.

This gon' be good!

yacobod

Banned
Welcome, friend. Stay a while.

Yeah, It's almost like they didn't see the first two fights. I figured Gil had progressed a little more than Josh since the last fight, but turned out to be an awesome trilogy.

I can't wait for the QUADRILOGY.
Speaking of trilogies, I can't wait for the rubber match between Tito Ortiz and Forrest Griffin on July 7, 2012.
and the next great mma trilogy will be Frank Edgar and Benson Henderson.

TheNatural

My Member!
Speaking of trilogies, I can't wait for the rubber match between Tito Ortiz and Forrest Griffin on July 7, 2012.

I can't wait for the next indecisive split decision result in that one. For all the talk about how talented the lightweight division is, its full on 50/50 decisions where one fighter doesn't asset any dominance with bullshit rematches. It's just rewarding guys who lose decisions to get another fight for not trying to do anything to finish.

Heel

Slow your roll playa.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I can't wait for the next indecisive split decision result in that one. For all the talk about how talented the lightweight division is, its full on 50/50 decisions where one fighter doesn't asset any dominance with bullshit rematches. It's just rewarding guys who lose decisions to get another fight for not trying to do anything to finish.

Edgar has basically no chance of finishing Bendo. He's way too small. Maybe he could KO him I dunno, I have seen Bendo rocked by freaking Clay Guida. But I came out of that fight respecting Frankie more than I did Bendo. All that said Frankie needs to drop weight classes already.

TheNatural

My Member!
Edgar has basically no chance of finishing Bendo. He's way too small. Maybe he could KO him I dunno, I have seen Bendo rocked by freaking Clay Guida. But I came out of that fight respecting Frankie more than I did Bendo. All that said Frankie needs to drop weight classes already.

Seems like no one ever KO's anyone, and we get all these ridiculous rematches and trilogies. Then Dana promises a title fight for a winner of another fight before that one, then he has to wait for the rematch, and then he's promising ANOTHER title fight for another guy on top of that, and throw in an injury and you have guys waiting 8, 9 months to fight.

It's ridiculous. Stop having rematches, just because Edgar lost a "close" decision doesn't mean he should get another shot. It's not like he was a dominant champ or something, shit.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
that's not true, edgar ko'd maynard giving him his first loss. their first fight was a draw but it was an amazing fight as well.

Heel

Agreed completely. If Frankie doesn't wanna move to 145 after he takes his L he should head to Strikeforce and fight Gil. That'd be a scrap for the ages. Of course that'd never happen, but a man can dream.

MjFrancis

It's a talented division being held up by the aspirations of Frankie Edgar (and number one superfan Dana White), a man who's fought three fighters in three years for a 3-1-1 record.

I'm already imagining how things will play out when that record becomes 3-2-1. Or 2-2-1 if we count TheNatural's rankings of his record since gaining the championship.

TheNatural

My Member!
It's a talented division being held up by the aspirations of Frankie Edgar (and number one superfan Dana White), a man who's fought three fighters in three years for a 3-1-1 record.

I'm already imagining how things will play out when that record becomes 3-2-1. Or 2-2-1 if we count TheNatural's rankings of his record since gaining the championship.

Dana wanted him to go to lower weight, then pussied out on his proclamation. He should have just been like "sorry if you go lower you get a shot at Aldo, if now, you wait in line behind 2-3 other people for another shot at lightweight."

And stop promising title fights for fucks sake, there should be no number one contender fights unless you set up a definitive tourney or something. Since Edgar beat BJ the first time, it's been BJ mandatory rematch, WEC champ Pettis promised a title fight that he lost because he lost to Guida, Maynard getting the next shot - twice because of a draw, Henderson getting shot, Edgar getting mandatory rematch, now Pettis and Nate Diaz basically promised shots.

It's ridiculous.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Frankie is getting a rematch because he already gave out two himself. IMO, Edgar shouldn't get a rematch but I don't think Penn deserved one against Frankie either. Either way, Uncle Dana made this bed and now he has to sleep in it.

I do agree he needs to stop promising title shots though. It's ridiculous when multiple guys think they're next in line. Let's not even talk about 170 which has 3 number one contenders.

Top Bottom