• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.9.13 - Sep. 13, 3AM EDT

NCL has announced a presentation by Satoru Iwata tomorrow, Sep. 13th at 4 pm in Japan, covering launch details for the Wii U, including the release date, price, and information on the system itself. It will run for 20 minutes.

When does the JP hardware event start in my time zone? Click this link for worldwide times.

Where can I watch it? Right here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/index.html

16:00 The presentation has begun! Iwata is behind a podium. This will be 20 min. Launch details. First, going over hardware details again.
16:02 Wii U supports full HD 1080p, GPU is able to perform general computing tasks (GPGPU). Main mem: 1 GB. System: 1 GB. Total: 2GB.
16:03 Games use only 1 GB of main memory. System memory is for OS. Game discs 25 GB, up to 22.5 MB/s (megabytes per second).
16:03 The Wii U consumes up to 75 watts of electricity. Typical power usage is 40 watts. Wii accessories can be used, as can Wii games.
16:04 You can import your Virtual Console and Wii Ware games from the Wii.
16:05 Reiterating the controller specifications now. Headphone jack is still on top. Why there?
16:07 You can play games, watch video on the Wii U GamePad. It features smooth, low latency.
16:08 In other words: you won't feel any lag on the controller's screen. Wii has sold 96m units LTD.
16:09 Over 80% of Wii systems are in living rooms, causing conflicts over TV usage.
16:10 You can do multiplayer using a GamePad and several Wii remotes. Dual-screen play possible.
16:11 On controller screen: menus, maps, communication interface. Play without the TV possible. Miiverse is the system-level social network interface. You aren't the only one playing.
16:12 Miiverse is the system-level social network interface. You aren't the only one playing. Wii U software will be showcased at 11 pm Japan Time tonight. Now: NSMBU and NintendoLand.
16:13 NSMBU is the 1st Mario game to launch with a Nintendo system since N64. NSMBU is the 1st Mario game to launch with a Nintendo system since N64.
16:14 NSMBU and NintendoLand to go on sale in both physical and download versions on launch day, for 5985 and 4935 yen, respectively. The Pro Controller will be 5040 yen in white and black. Chargeable with USB cable. Black vertical stand for 315 yen, GamePad charger and play stand set to be available for 1890 yen. 13,440 yen for Wii U GamePad when sold separately. Prices include tax.
16:17 Black 32GB Premium Set, White 8GB Basic Set. All sets include system, Game Pad, system and Game Pad AC adapters, and HDMI cable. Nintendo Network Premium provides points for purchases by Premium Set customers, 10% points back on digital purchases depending on the title, to be applied toward future purchases. Points can be redeemed for prepaid codes in 500 yen increments. Runs through 12/2014.
16:18 Premium includes controller stands. Wii accessories to NOT be included with the Wii U. Remote + nunchuk + sensor bar set sold separately, 5250 yen.
16:19 The Wii U will be launching in Japan on Saturday, December 8th. 32GB Premium Set with Nintendo Network Premium: 31,500 yen (30,000 yen before tax). 8GB Basic Set: 26,250 yen (25,000 yen before tax). You can view a summary of differences between sets here.
16:20 The presentation is over.

NCL has announced an additional presentation by Satoru Iwata for Sep. 13th at 11 pm in Japan, covering the 1st and 3rd-party Wii U software lineup. It will be 40 minutes in length.

23:02 Flash not supported, HTML5 is in Wii U browser. Use the gyro sensor to scroll pages, launch the free browser and take game screenshots.
23:05 Princess Peach isn't kidnapped in NSMBU. Off-TV play is possible in NSMBU, as well as assist play.
23:07 Time attack in NSMBU. Speed increases with number of coins collected, record top number of 1UPs collected.
23:08 Nintendo Land now. Nintendo Land now. Pikmin Adventure, Metroid Blast, Mario Chase, Octopus Dance, etc.
23:09 Nintendo Land has 3 team attractions, 3 battle attractions, and 6 mini attractions.
23:11 Metroid Blast and Balloon Trip Breeze being shown. Metroid Blast is 5P. Pad is gunship.
23:12 Co-op missions. Ridley spotted as a boss. Wii Remote players are bounty hunters on foot. Balloon Trip is a mode from Balloon Fight in which you try to go as far as you can w/o dying.
23:14 Game & Wario now, from the WarioWare, Inc. team. Not seconds-long games, but games that make unique use of the GamePad controller. Ski.
23:15 TV shows 3D view of 2D tilting ski game on GamePad. Arrow uses touchscreen as a crossbow.
23:16 Wii Fit U, Pikmin 3 in spring 2013.
23:17 Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge on launch day. Musou Orochi 2 Hyper on launch day. Romance of the 3 Kingdoms 12, Shin Fist of the North Star Musou coming.
23:19 Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition on launch day.
23:21 ZombiU from Ubisoft. Use many tools at your disposal to survive the zombie holocaust in London. Launch day.
23:23 Assassin's Creed III available on launch day.
23:25 Rayman Legends now. Ancel intro. Ancel described Rayman Legends in English with JP subtitles.
23:27 Batman: Arkham City available on launch day.
23:28 Mass Effect 3 has Mass Effect 1 & 2 contents presented in comic form. December.
23:30 FIFA 13 is also coming in December.
23:31 Smash Bros. is still in development for Wii U and 3DS.
23:31 Monolithsoft is currently developing for Wii U, but no announcement now.
23:32 The Wonderful 101 (working title Project P-100) from Platinum Games trailer now.
23:34 One more trailer for a game from Platinum Games now. Bayonetta 2!
23:36 More 3rd-party titles. Dragon Quest X Wii U ver. supports Off-TV play. Carry on with your Wii version data. Beta test vouchers for Premium Set customers. No need for USB drive on DQX with Premium Set. More details later.
23:37 Capcom: Monster Hunter Tri G in HD on Wii U. Transfarring w/ 3DS. Online. Available on launch day, Premium Set bundle for 38,850 yen.
23:39 There's more to reveal, but further information will come through the usual channels leading up to launch.
23:40 The presentation is now over.

The Japanese Wii U site can be found here.

When does the JP software event start in my time zone? Click this link for worldwide times. (Simultaneous with western events below.)

Where can I watch it? Right here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct_wiiu_preview/index.html

I will be providing live translations here in the OP and on my Twitter feed, @Cheesemeister3k.

NOA will be holding a press conference on Sep. 13th at 10 am EDT in New York City.
NOE will be holding a Nintendo Direct presentation on Sep. 13th at 4 pm CET, simultaneous with NOA.

When do the western events start in my time zone? Click this link for worldwide times.

Where can I watch the NOA presentation? Right here: http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu

Where can I watch the NOE presentation? Right here: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/nintendo_direct_47764.html

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
My body and mind are ready....

new Tales of
Monster Hunter WiiU
Kingdom Hearts 3
MGS Ground Zeroes
Capcom vs. Nintendo
Persona 5
Final Fantasy XV
Samurai Warriors IV
Resident Evil 2 Remake etc incoming.

:lol

sazzy

So can someone tell me in which order these are happening? US>Japan>EU?

And times? I like that this one is at 5pm in Sydney :D

Jintor

Gawddamn

What will Iwata be in front of THIS time?

/edit shit with the Nintendo Direct at Midnight AU time that's too Directs in one (well, two) days. My heart won't be able to take it.

Official audition to replace Andriasang here Mister Cheese!~

Good luck! =P

Soooooooooooooooooooooo... this Nintendo Direct is where new game announcements would most likely be made right?

Nibel

i6ZkPo5EZuHp.gif

iyEhfTFS18YJO.gif

iU8q5NSOiggKW.gif

ibjIt6P3I37A7a.gif

Tenki

Two Nintendo Direct on the same day for me (Japanese and European). I'm buying my tickets for the hype train.

Mistle

Awesome!

How is this different than the big WiiU event we've known about for awhile though? (unless I'm really confused, I've been behind on the Wii U wagon lol)

EDIT: ah, seems the other event I was remembered was just the US version

miksar

Awesome!

How is this different than the big WiiU event we've known about for awhile though? (unless I'm really confused, I've been behind on the Wii U wagon lol)
The big event is for the USA, this Direct will be all about the Japanese Wii U launch.

Daschysta

Holy shit! Finally, we should get at least a few Japanese announcements. There is no way Nintendo launches in Japan without more japanese support. Announcements at this Nintendo Direct, followed by blowouts and hands on impressions from TGS!

Coupled with confirmation of things like COD (everything else is cake) at the NOA conference, as well as pricing and online details, today could be epic! Or lead to epic tears, but all aboard the hype train!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to stay up until when?! I might have to pass and just wait for NoA presser. Although I do always love reading live reactions on gaf...

Official audition to replace Andriasang here Mister Cheese!~

Good luck! =P

Soooooooooooooooooooooo... this Nintendo Direct is where new game announcements would most likely be made right?
Yessir. Waiting to see a bunch of people sweeping the salt off the floor saying we wouldnt see anything new.

Where Schuelma at?!
Idk but I want to hug him. I was aboard his NCL ND prediction hype train the whole time.

cajunator

Banned
I went to Gamestop today to see if they had any wiiU stuff to preorder but still just the games. Hopefully after Thursday they have enough info to offer preorders. I want to buy this goddamned thing. I like to stay up and barely sleep on my time off anyway so definitely gonna follow this event closely.

Yessir. Waiting to see a bunch of people sweeping the salt off the floor saying we wouldnt see anything new.
oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy

I happen to have an assessment due 15 hours after the US/ EU Nintendo conferences but oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy.

Life is good~

Hero

Where's that Bad Boys shit just got real gif?

Hopefully there's a ton of Japanese game announcements.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I know NoE announced one too but I'm still a bit surprised. I wonder if they'll have another before the end of the year now after this, 3DS could use one for 2013 titles.

Top Bottom