• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 price was just announced in Argentina!

Manu

"SE ANUNCIA EL PRECIO DE PLAYSTATION®4 (PS4™) Y SU PRE-VENTA EN LA ARGENTINA

Qué: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC. (SCEA) anuncia el comienzo de la preventa del sistema de entretenimiento PlayStation®4 (PS4™) en la Argentina. El precio de la PS4™en el país será de $6.499.- (pesos argentinos)."

So... yeah. 6500 pesos. That's roughly 1200 US Dollars.

Or, to put it in another way, that's about 25% over my current monthly salary.

I guess that's it for me as a gamer.

Qué: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC. (SCEA) anuncia el comienzo de la preventa del sistema de entretenimiento PlayStation®4 (PS4™) en la Argentina. El precio de la PS4™en el país será de $6.499.- (pesos argentinos)."

wowowow.

Liha

Banned

I heared Argentina has some inflation problems, but this?

DieH@rd

Banned
PS3 launched in my country for almost $1000. With PS4, we will be very close to the official EU pricing [+50-100 euros]. Progress.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
that way too much, I guess it's cheaper if you import from Amazon.com (they offer International/global shipping on gaming devices nowdays iirc) .

According to Wikipedia, PS3 launch price for the 40GB version was 2799 pesos or $883. So the PS4 is significantly higher in price, although there are loads of factors that could cause that outside of Sony's control I'm sure.

mantidor

Stick with Steam Southamerica GAF, we have no other option without absurd prices.

Well, we do, but it's out of discussion.

balohna

Wow, so I'm guessing wages aren't keeping up with inflation? Same as everywhere, but extra terrible when inflation is that significant.

I make roughly the same as you based on what you said, which is not very much money here (Canada), but it's enough that I could choose to buy a PS4 if I was thrifty for a month (ate out less, didn't buy other games, etc.). I don't really have to make a point of setting money aside.

Liamario

Banned

Is importing an option for you? That's a ludicrous amount of money. By the sounds of it though, it's your government you should be angry at rather than Sony.

Brazil GAF... we don't know the price yet but...

We are fucked aren't we?

Now for some perspective.
Does the Xbone already ahs a price?
How much did the PS3 cost at launch?

Manu

Seems outrageous, but could you give some other console prices?

A brand new PS3 is about 4000 pesos now. I bought mine for 2800 two years ago for reference. 360 is about the same price.

Is importing an option for you? That's a ludicrous amount of money. By the sounds of it though, it's your government you should be angry at rather than Sony.

It's not at Sony I'm angry at.

Corto

How easy it is to import a console? This crazy regional pricing is mostly due to heavy taxation, yes? It affects all similar devices?

that seems so fucked. Can you explain why importing is out of the question? Since the conversion is 5.7 pesos to 1 US dollar it seems like you could import for ~$3500 pesos. Unless they tax you like 600 US to bring it in.

ethomaz

Banned
It has to be lower than the Xbone price though... since both will be produced overseas, I don't think that the PS4 will break through the R$ 2000 barrier.

Well, actually I hope not.
I hope too... my bet is R$$1500,00... make this happen Sony.

demolitio

I knew Argentina's government has been incredibly stupid the past few years but I didn't know inflation and other issues were THAT bad since the last console launch. You know it's bad when the government starts bringing up the Falklands again as if that fools people.

Sorry to hear that it's so expensive. :(

Mohasus

Brazil GAF... we don't know the price yet but...

We are fucked aren't we?

Now for some perspective.
Does the Xbone already ahs a price?
How much did the PS3 cost at launch?

Xbox One official price here is R$2200,00 (US$1000,00). Not as bad as Argentina (still bad though).

How easy it is to import a console? This crazy regional pricing is mostly due to heavy taxation, yes? It affects all similar devices?

Not a walk in the aprk, but not too hard either.
Yes. Taxes are the biggest problems. In Brazil the import tax on gaming stuff is around 60%.
It affects everything not produced in Brazil.

Top Bottom