• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vl4j2.jpg

Oh my god :lol if we get a few more of these, kyle should add a Campaign Screenshots section to the OP.

Pop

Yes, I'm loving SWAT. Just got a killtacular on Abandon (and went +18). :)

And I used to hate this map; I always getting destroyed with power weapons.

It's fairly common knowledge that Swat is easy.

So now you love this map cause of no boom boom rockets or is it boltshot?

And Swat:pistol in H4...godly

u4iX

Podcast with Griesemer. It wasn't a mistake, but there was some internal disagreement. Jones settled it by making the change in the final hour. It's good to be king, or in this case, Creative Director. ;)

I'm just seeing this now. This is fantastic.

There's been so many debates on what actually happened regarding the pistol, even rumors that it was a quick edit in the code no one knew about until the game shipped. It's great to have it finally cleared up.

Thank you!

Fuck it. kylej you're free to put this in the OP to educate people

Gallery

PdaWx.png

An Ancient Evil Awakens

Vl4j2.jpg

A look at the intricate system of objectives Cortana gives you in the campaign

regular_halo_by_argibi-d5otfac.jpg

343 Industries are masters of writing, delivering a visceral and emotional experience

Certain cutscenes are outsourced as CG, with breathtaking results

Have you noticed that the Mantis looks like a Promethean Knight? Connections between humans and the mysterious Forerunners are revealed

Halo 4 will explore certain characters, such as Cortana's transition from Jen Taylor to Dylan Rider

The Forerunners ruled the galaxy with an iron fist, with books revealing powerful weapons never appearing in campaign

With Halo 4, you can customize your character by never before

MIMIC

Banned
It's fairly common knowledge that Swat is easy.

So now you love this map cause of no boom boom rockets or is it boltshot?

Or holograms or auto sensory or the other nonsense.

EDIT: And SWAT isn't "easy". It just requires the least amount of effort (strategically, at least). There's a difference.

DeadNames

Banned
whats wrong with BO II?

A lot more frustrating. The gameplay just sucks. I hate the whole "aiming down sights" crap. The extremely fast kill times are frustrating. The who sees first style of gameplay pisses me off.

It has neat features and all, but the core gameplay just straight up blows. Looks like it's a reverse Halo 4, haha.

Insaniac

Sort of possible. They've played with adjustments I think 110% damage (or something similar), which makes the BR 4 shot, while keeping the DMR 5 shot. It does affect other aspects of the sandbox, though.

I kind of like this. Since they don't want to make the DMR a pickup weapon, this seems to be an interesting perspective to the DMR being the clearly superior weapon. The BR being 4 shot gives it a faster kill time, but the DMR remains dominate past the BR's medium-short range. Weapon balancing could be addressed in the upcoming TUs, so that's something to look out for, also.

Edit:
This is what the T4 MLG Infinity settings look like right now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0PeV9hqyVI
Notice the predictable Personal Ordnance in CTF. Also note there will be MLG Classic settings in the future, too.

T5 settings coming soon, and I think that's the one they are going to test out 4 shot BR with.

then what about the poor carbine, forgotten again?

Akai__

Decided to play Halo 4 (SWAT) and what happens?

3vs1 on Harvest happes. Guy was hiding the whole time and no one joined the whole match. I have no words for this, I'm just disappointed...

DeadNames

Banned
Oh my God, I just realized there were no Scarabs in Halo 4.

Scarabs were the best part in Halo 3. Taking them out made me feel like such a badass. Especially on that one level before Floodgate in Halo 3.

Moa

So my friend found a bug with Forge & weapons, mainly Covenant & Forerunner ones.

If you head into the Forge gametype settings, and change the starting weapons via the Base Player Traits, you can overwrite weapons in people's personal loadouts.

So we changed it to Incineration Cannon to start off with, and we found a bugged model of it, with a lot of the gun missing.

To stop killing MobileGAF users some more, I'll just leave some hyperlinks here:

iCannon Bug
iCannon Bug 2
Scattershot Bug
Sword Bug (bugged Sword on floor)
BiRi Bug
BiRi Bug 2

So we tried experimenting with other Forerunner weapons, and found that the Scattershot, Binary Rifle & Energy Sword were bugged out, for the Sword, you spawned just holding the 'sword activator' bit, not the actual Energy and when dropped, is just like an empty Sword, while the BiRi and the Scattershot were missing their grips.

On-host, if you try to drop these weapons, they'll simply float in mid-air with their missing parts, you can walk through them and you are unable to pick them back up.

We tested every single weapon in Halo 4 via the Base Player Traits thing, and found nothing wrong with other weapons, other than putting a weapon such as the DMR or Carbine, will spawn you with the DMR Noble skin, or the Carbine Reign skin, even if you haven't got them unlocked, but we already knew about this.

Came to the conclusion it is related to spawning with weapons like this, then starting the game as a Monitor will force it to happen.

Tawpgun

Scarabs were the best part in Halo 3. Taking them out made me feel like such a badass. Especially on that one level before Floodgate in Halo 3.

Biggest bullshit is they could have made Liches the new scarabs. Those things can fucking fly it would be rad.

yep and then they decided to put that dumb mech assault looking robot which doesn't even look like it fits in the Halo universe.

DeadNames

Banned
Biggest bullshit is they could have made Liches the new scarabs. Those things can fucking fly it would be rad.

It would be sweet. If you had to like... time a jump to get into the Lich and kill off the covenant in there and jump out as it blows up behind you... Another thing, why the fuck does Chief have fall damage?

yep and then they decided to put that dumb mech assault looking robot which doesn't even look like it fits in the Halo universe.

I actually really like the Mantis and the Mantis sections.

I have no clue about game development but how much space does a complex AI like the Scarab require?

And I'd love to see a giant battle with Liches flying around and you have to destroy them like the Titan gametype of BF2142.

Consider my mind blown.

When getting out of the ghost, you can now pick which side you can get off it?

If this is old my mind will be blown. I really dont think it was in Reach?

By using the right analogue stick and looking left or right you can choose which side you dismount the ghost.

Very very useful, i remember in Halo 2 going to a weapon and stopping either sideways or regularly depending on where the weapon is, knowing which side your going to get off it.

Well god damn.

Tawpgun

I have no clue about game development but how much space does a complex AI like the Scarab require?

And I'd love to see a giant battle with Liches flying around and you have to destroy them like the Titan gametype of BF2142.

No idea but I think most of us would take a hit in the graphics department for the scale back.

That's why those quotes Dax posted are worrying. Why why why why are they trying to make Halo into some shitty linear game like all the rest. No. No. No. You up the scale. Introduce more freedom.

If they really make it more linear and set piecy... RIP Halo but for real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom