• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Next Rainbow Six: Patriots Leaked

-BLITZ-

The Leaked Source/Rumour
http://fusible.com/2011/10/domain-registrations-point-to-sequel-being-called-rainbox-six-patriots/

Websites

http://whois.domaintools.com/rainbow6patriots.com
http://whois.domaintools.com/rainbowsixpatriots.com

As the title says and the game being already rumoured by Fusible.Com I can confirm it now that the next Rainbow Six will be announce on Xbox World Magazine in the upcoming month (if I understood correctly from my contact). Last night I got home with the assets; logos, arts, the covers and rendered game screens from a buddy that I know in marketing. I will not going to show anything for the moment as I will let the mag do his work, but what I can tell is that the logo is 6 with the pistol that replace the bottom circle. The arts backgrounds are with the New York in fire and the renders characters are very similiar to Homefront, yet the clothes are still based with police rainbow six gears. What I understood the plot will go between a large group of revolutionary terrorists and of course the police.

And yes, the game is called Rainbow Six: Patriots.

Khezu

After what they did to ghost recon and splinter cell, I don't know.

Ubisoft is kinda all over the place though, so it could turn out good, maybe.

Yo Gotti

Banned
I've lost all my faith in Ubisoft this generation. All their games seem to be smoke and mirror acts.

I'm sure this game will be technically impressive, but not expecting much.

Touch

This is quite the surprise if it's truly going to be in XWM soon. I LOVED the Rainbow Six PC games. Raven Shield <3 but this will most likely be like Vegas
:(
Still pretty awesome the series isn't "dead".

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Is the title screen going to be an American flag flapping in the breeze? Maybe a crying eagle?

raphier

Banned
EatChildren said:
Is the title screen going to be an American flag flapping in the breeze? Maybe a crying eagle?
And three operatives standing in honor with captured taliban in front.

oh..oh...and explosion!

MMaRsu

Banned
Ha.. no thx my faith in these games as well as SC and Ghost Recon has fallen into a deep deep abyss.

We had a leak ealrier this year right ? I remember the Rainbow team operating on a crowded bridge, in NYC, with the moral choice to take down a civilian with the down strapped on him or to try defuse it

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Oh, another console game then... Guess it will be like Vegas... Or maybe like Splinter Cell: Conviction, lol. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll have a team like GRIN or better than they were making the PC version and making it more tactical, but with a decent budget this time. Still, having screens and not showing them? Boo.

Edit: oh, I forgot the moral choices shit. Where's my SWAT 5...

Dabanton

The Xtortionist said:
Greatness, that's what.

Indeed it is. I can give or take the SP but Deniable Ops is pure old school Splinter Cell with none of the silliness from the old games i.e A highly trained operative can't take out a 8 dollar an hour security guard, if he has to react quickly.

Instead a benny hill runaround occurs until Sam usually ends up crumpled on the floor.

Anyway new Rainbow Six lets hope it's better than the dire RSV2.

Dabanton said:
Indeed it is.

sGWFQ.gif

Zenith

Banned
UnluckyKate said:
We had a leak ealrier this year right ? I remember the Rainbow team operating on a crowded bridge, in NYC, with the moral choice to take down a civilian with the down strapped on him or to try defuse it

So we did.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432229

Rumour: Rainbow Six Set to Invade New York With Home-Grown Terrorism

A new interpretation of the classic Rainbow Six, the tough-as-nails tactical shooter that asked gamers to carefully plan out the nuance of a breach like a choreographed dance, is in the works, a source familiar with the unannounced Ubisoft shooter tell Kotaku.

We've also heard that the game will in many ways be a departure from the sameness found in Rainbow Six: Vegas and its sequel, and a return to what helped separate the shooter from others of its ilk.

It's unclear if the in-development game will be shown at E3.

The original Rainbow Six is more tactical and focused on stealth than on weapons. Before each mission, in those early games, players were asked to view a briefing and then build a team, pick their weapons and equipment and finally create waypoints that the secondary members of the team would follow. Once the mission started, players had only control of one team member at a time.

Rainbow Six will be a far more story-driven game than previous iterations of the Tom Clancy branded title. The game is meant to take a step in a different direction, telling a bigger, much more gritty cinematic story than previous versions of the game.

In this still-to-be-titled Rainbow Six, players will be tasked with stopping a homegrown terrorist group operating in America. The group, fed up with the greed of Wall Street and the government that acts to protect them, decides to target New York City.

While the gameplay is based on some classic Rainbow Six mechanics, there is a brand new cover system that takes you out of the first-person perspective and into the third.

A new icon-rich graphics style helps to highlight members of your team during a mission and other pertinent information.

Contacted Thursday, Ubisoft declined to comment

cPPj9.jpg

Khezu said:
After what they did to ghost recon and splinter cell, I don't know.

Ubisoft is kinda all over the place though, so it could turn out good, maybe.

GRFS looks really good actually. and Conviction was awesome.

Xater

EatChildren said:

I don't even want to think about it. What is the over/under on the title being different for Europe?

zomg people that actually enjoyed SC:Conviction? Man, where were you guys in the Hitman threads, it's almost like people are excited for this game instead of dooming/glooming the hell out of it. :D

looks fun can't wait.

Carcetti

In this still-to-be-titled Rainbow Six, players will be tasked with stopping a homegrown terrorist group operating in America. The group, fed up with the greed of Wall Street and the government that acts to protect them, decides to target New York City.

Wait, the next R6 is gonna be about shooting the Wall Street Protesters in the head?

Well, who's surprised. Original Clancy R6 book was about shooting animal rights activists in the head.

adelante

Oh man what I'd give for a 4player Deniable Ops-style co-op mode, split into 2 teams...infiltrating a building or location from different insertion points.

That's it, I just hyped myself up for an inevitable disappointment. :(

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
EatChildren said:

The tears of the eagle manifest themselves as small ice crystals representing assault rifles.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
JMnV8.png

When I saw patriots, this came immediatly to my mind.

The Xtortionist said:
kewl, I loved the shit out of Vegas 1 and 2.
I loved Vegas 1. Vegas 2 seemed like a cut and paste job. Also, fidelity on the PC version of Vegas 2 was way below where it should have been for the time it came out.

infinityBCRT said:
I loved Vegas 1. Vegas 2 seemed like a cut and paste job.

I found Vegas' mechanics to be ridiculously compelling for some reason. The mechanics themselves carried Vegas 2 for me despite no real leaps above the original.

Dabanton

infinityBCRT said:
I loved Vegas 1. Vegas 2 seemed like a cut and paste job. Also, fidelity on the PC version of Vegas 2 was way below where it should have been for the time it came out.

Agree with this. Vegas 2 felt like a direct to video job. it didn't have the intensity or fun that the first game had.

UrbanRats

infinityBCRT said:
I liked V2 way more, because of the better co-op mechanics.
You could customize your characters and shit, one of the best splitscreen i've had in recent years.

Respawn

Banned
UnluckyKate said:
That's just not any bridge my friend. That's the Brooklyn Bridge. Hell yeah!

EatChildren said:
Haha.

I also hope they cram some really stupid Kinect stuff into this game, so I can lose interest just as fast as I did when I saw the new Ghost Recon demoed for the first time.

vanty

Carcetti said:
Wait, the next R6 is gonna be about shooting the Wall Street Protesters in the head?

Well, who's surprised. Original Clancy R6 book was about shooting animal rights activists in the head.
Didn't they want to kill basically every single human on Earth except themselves? Bit soft calling them 'activists' ahah.

Dabanton

BruiserBear said:
Haha.

I also hope they cram some really stupid Kinect stuff into this game, so I can lose interest just as fast as I did when I saw the new Ghost Recon demoed for the first time.

That's a bit backwards is it not? The GR Kinect stuff is all optional.

The game looks great.

Pachimari

Please let the multiplayer be like Rainbow Six 3! Actually, just give me one feature back: the ability to peak around corners by leaning one way or the other, instead of going into third person view. It were so exciting going around, sneaking and outplaying your foes in battles. But it doesn't look like it looking at the leak.

GrayFoxPL

If you think about it Rainbow Six is a really bad name fore a special force group.

We are Rainbow Six and we are fabulous! We fight terrorism with pastel colors!

raphier

Banned
GrayFoxPL said:
If you think about it Rainbow Six is a really bad name fore a special force group.

We are Rainbow Six and we are fabulous! We fight terrorism with pastel colors!
Rainbow six is supposed to be an international counter-terrorism force, hence many colored people, hence rainbow. And six because rainbow contains 6 colors and maybe 6 Countries are involved in the OPs. But oh well atleast it's not Ponyville seven

I like the reason behind.

NewFresh

EatChildren said:

The flag will look slightly damaged so that you can tell shit is going down.

Top Bottom