• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Yeah its like

Outside of MAYBE coming up with a novel PVP build with Air Drops and Air Dodges and trick plays.... It just doesnt have as much going for it

I dunno. Would love to be proven wrong here

I never play with Atunement of the Sky, I always use Flame for more damage and longer super.

I only play Dawnblade when the Strikes challenges require Dawnblade specific activity

It's like this game doesn't want to give me 300 Auto Rifles and Scout Rifles.

Beyond getting 300 PL weapons from vendors and their cycling PL engrams I've had a lot of luck from getting blue weapons to drop at 300 PL (they can drop anywhere from 295-300 PL if you're already 305 PL).

I never play with Atunement of the Sky, I always use Flame for more damage and longer super.

I only play Dawnblade when the Strikes challenges require Dawnblade specific activity

I feel like Attunement of the flame is the best one but you lose the Ignite melee...

Seriously why did they remove mix and match abilities. Dawnblade got screwed the most with the change while Void and Storm seem well adjusted on their trees

Who thought 1 hit sword kills without power ammo was a good idea? I mean how was that not thought out better?

It should be at least a 2 hit kill. Once you have power ammo then sure, whatever. But the way it is now is ridiculous.

Fantomex

Who thought 1 hit sword kills without power ammo was a good idea? I mean how was that not thought out better?

It should be at least a 2 hit kill. Once you have power ammo then sure, whatever. But the way it is now is ridiculous.

They wanted to keep the call of duty knife wield era happy.

Unpowered don't 1hit kill they do standard melee damage. Swords just have 8 ammo and some give ammo back for kills.

Aren't they just announcing seasons, kind of odd seeing as you're two months into the first one and don't have a clue 😂

It'll probably just be clan and vendor resets

Kyne

my biggest problem with Acrius is that we spent over a month obtaining it from a PVE event when really it's best utilized in PVP.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...returned_with_a_new_conceptual_visual_mockup/

Dude i just love the concept posts this guys makes...

This is the kind of stuff i would love to see more of. He has amazing endgame posts regarding ideas for Planetary activities for vendors and lost sectors...

Heroic Sector Concept https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...oic_sectors_a_fleshed_out_mockup_and_idea_of/

Vendor Rework Concept
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ceptual_detailed_visual_rework_of_the_vendor/

Faction Rally Concept
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...to_improve_faction_rallies_visualisation_and/

Mindlog

You're all forgetting...
Destiny 2 content inbound from Vicarious Visions and High Moon, Activision boss “not happy” with first game’s “cadence”

Destiny 2 is going to avoid the long, dull gaps between DLC packs and expansions which plagued the first game, if Activision is to be believed.

Speaking to GamesIndustry, Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg copped, again, to Destiny’s content drought problems.

“I have not been happy with the cadence [of new content]. We got a lot right with Destiny 1, but one of the things we didn’t do was keep up with the demand for new content,” he said.

“I feel like that, as great as The Dark Below, House of Wolves, The Taken King and Rise of Iron all are, clearly there was appetite for more.”

The solution? Activision has rounded up some of its internal studios and put them at Bungie’s disposal for Destiny 2.
This is around when we should expect the first major non-DLC content drop. Expect big news today. Get hyped!

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...returned_with_a_new_conceptual_visual_mockup/

Dude i just love the concept posts this guys makes...

This is the kind of stuff i would love to see more of. He has amazing endgame posts regarding ideas for Planetary activities for vendors and lost sectors...

Heroic Sector Concept https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...oic_sectors_a_fleshed_out_mockup_and_idea_of/

Vendor Rework Concept
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ceptual_detailed_visual_rework_of_the_vendor/

Faction Rally Concept
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...to_improve_faction_rallies_visualisation_and/

I hope this guy goes through his post history and gets rid of anything that would get him in trouble like happened with that one guy who got a job at 343i and then got fired before he could even start. Cause he's got really good ideas.

Bold One

If they don't announce festival of the lost for the next few weeks, this game is dead.

New to this cycle is a drastic drop in player counts over the past two week.

I was partly surprised and not surprised by that.

The core mechanics of D2 are far more rewarding and the pleasure far less delayed unlike D1 - this lends it to more and frequent play and to possible burn out. I have played the game every day since release and have completed only one nightfall and not done trials or the raid.

Perhaps a deeper loot system is required, but I spose, fixing that will take longer than the time the game has been out- only been 6 weeks.

I would imagine the drop off for D1 vanilla was far sharper and much quicker.

Deku Tree

I hope this guy goes through his post history and gets rid of anything that would get him in trouble like happened with that one guy who got a job at 343i and then got fired before he could even start. Cause he's got really good ideas.

So I should note that he made a few and others have used the template to show off their own ideas

I really want to see more of these types of posts man

And for Bungie to pay attention and at least take bits and pieces of the best ideas to heart... maybe even hire or credit those that made them

TyrantII

You're all forgetting...
Destiny 2 content inbound from Vicarious Visions and High Moon, Activision boss “not happy” with first game’s “cadence”

This is around when we should expect the first major non-DLC content drop. Expect big news today. Get hyped!

It's hard to get hyped with the history we have to go by. Let's hope you're right!

I honestly don't think the problem is a lack of content. It's the lack of using the content they have, and meaningful gameplay loops that respect all players, casual and hardcore alike.

Just feels like they ripped everything out to stop the grind, but didn't bother to figure out a better system.

TyrantII

I would imagine the drop off for D1 vanilla was far sharper and much quicker.

I can't say for vanilla, but people were grinding forever 29 and Iron Banner was an event that people LOVED. I bet the drop off came with Crotas End if it came.

There's data out there that House of Wolves had 3 million concurrent players daily to put this up against, and that was a small DLC with a Hoard Mode arena / no raid. It did introduce trials thou.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
So I should note that he made a few and others have used the template to show off their own ideas

I really want to see more of these types of posts man

And for Bungie to pay attention and at least take bits and pieces of the best ideas to heart... maybe even hire or credit those that made them

I know that a community manager saw the vendor update and said that he'd show the team. That's something I guess.

Bold One

I can't say for vanilla, but people were grinding forever 29 and Iron Banner was an event that people LOVED. I bet the drop off came with Crotas End if it came.

There's data out there that House of Wolves had 3 million concurrent players daily to put this up against, and that was a small DLC with a Hoard Mode arena / no raid. It did introduce trials thou.

0rEBY2b.gif

Nah, I was here for forever 29, it was impossible without doing the raid, even then there were no guarantees. It was the breaking point for many. Iron Banner was the laggiest thing in gaming in its earlier days.

The histrionics surrounding D1 has been incredible. Not accusing you directly, its just so many people have been looking back with rose-tinted glasses lately.

I know that a community manager saw the vendor update and said that he'd show the team. That's something I guess.

They always "show the team". What is more amazing is that Bungie says they need to take the feedback from the "millions" of players to figure out what to do. Ignore the random youtube and bungie.net posts and focus on the major ones that are well thought out and supported by the community. There aren't millions of posts to sort through. The community does a good job sorting out the chaff and pushing good ideas forward.

What is more amazing to me is that the issues they are facing in the game now had to have been readily apparent in-house prior to launch. It shouldn't take the community pushing back for them to realize the issues. These aren't random bugs that pop up through millions of players these are general game concepts.

Bungie is just too large now to be able to figure out how to move quickly and look critically at their product. They were at their best during the early Halo years when they weren't 300+ in staff and could put all the blame on MS. Now that they are independent, they can't blame anyone else are paralyzed by the fact there are warring factions and limited direction from up top. It doesn't appear that the issues raised in Blood Sweat and Tears were ever resolved internally.

TyrantII

Nah, I was here for forever 29, it was impossible without doing the raid, even then there were no guarantees. It was the breaking point for many. Iron Banner was the laggiest thing in gaming in its earlier days.

The histrionics surrounding D1 has been incredible. Not accusing you directly, its just so many people have been looking back with rose-tinted glasses lately.

Oh, don't get me wrong. It wasn't fun. But I also think the challenge kept many hate playing. Those were bad loops that shouldn't return. I don't want to go 14 weeks again looking for a pair of hunter boots.

Iron Banner was popular thou.

D1 Xur has transversive steps?

Going back to D1 and movement is just seems more smooth.

Noticed it when I first played D2 beta, character movement felt sluggish compared to first one, took a bit to get used to.

Be a nice surprise if something significant came from today's twitch thing, but I'm not expecting much with pc release very soon. Seems like any big changes have been held up by it. (Just a theory though)

GazzaGSi

Running one right now, but you're next. What's your PSN? Or send me a friend request, PSN/GAF names are the same.

Man I must have just missed you guys, logged out around 1:30am GMT as I'd gone through milestones for all 3 characters in one sitting and feeling abit run down lol

Only thing I didn't get done was hunter prestige NF and rat king titan if you're down later. Ran prestige yesterday 6 or 7 times on the bounce but just missed out on completion due to running out of time, our last/best run had the bosses health bar virtually empty but missed out on the probably 10 seconds that was needed to finish him off.

madpeon

Anyone on PS4 who needs the 300 LL Arms Dealer Nightfall for the raid exotic?

Have 1 spot available, may take a try or two but we'll get it done.

Throw me a message on PSN: madpeon

Endo Punk

Beat nightfall today without the help of pro players, this one was quite easy though. Can finally access prestige raids/strikes now.

When is the stream starting?

Top Bottom